The Official Newcastle United Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rafa gone, I'm gutted. Best manager we've had for yonks and the fat cockney bastard in charge has forced him out. 

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad. I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate. Newcastle are indeed st

Newcastle United finished the season as Champions of the Championship after a memorable afternoon at St. James' Park, chalking up their 100th league and cup goal in the process. Fittingly it was Dw

Posted Images

125 years since NUFC were formed  ( this is actually wrong btw)

any way another loss, relegation battle we all knew would happen is ongoing

takeover is going to drag on but hopefully it will go through

ten years of the fat cockney twat in charge will soon be at an end..

• Like 1
On 12/9/2017 at 10:07 PM, newcastle roy said:

125 years since NUFC were formed  ( this is actually wrong btw)

any way another loss, relegation battle we all knew would happen is ongoing

takeover is going to drag on but hopefully it will go through

ten years of the fat cockney twat in charge will soon be at an end..

Improved bid, offer of a kitty to fund transfers in January even if the deal hasn't closed yet. The loss in value if relegated should be impetus to getting it done. Bright side - your new owner is more photogenic ;) 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/13/mike-ashley-sale-newcastle-united-amanda-staveley

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, AMIW said:

guardian article suggest Stavely might not be the rich pretty face she seems - her company has no assets, no employees and yet has a debt of 3.6mil

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/18/newcastle-united-amanda-staveley-mike-ashley-unusual-case

I've always assumed she was fronting some group, that it was not her personal money (except some small part). The loss to the current owner if they get relegated is daunting. He wants £300mm, upfront with no provisions. IMO, not happening at that price.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/19/amanda-staveley-told-pay-300m-without-clauses-persuade-newcastle/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

as if Newcastle haven't suffered enough - now Floyd mayweather wants to buy the club and sign Ronaldo

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/floyd-mayweather-looking-to-buy-soccer-club-newcastle-united-sign-cristiano-ronaldo/ar-BBKuwJQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

What's the early line on this in UK betting shops? More or less likely than 5000-1 Leicester City winning the PL 2 years ago?

I'd take the "over", as in greater than 5000-1. :) 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Welcome Back Roy i'll have one too with you to celebrate Abbey doing well, Toon staying up and Sunderland going down....

ps I saw that Bruce guy while you were gone....

I was never away Andrew, i just didn't have the heart to post on this happy site when i was so sad.

I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate.

Newcastle are indeed staying up, we deserve to, Rafa has done wonders with the team. I thought we were certainties to go down this season.  

I backed sunderland to go down at the start of the season at 14/1 i cashed in at half way as i thought they would just claw it back, but they're doomed. As a Newcastle fan I'm taking the piss out of them big style, but deep down i know it could have easily been us..still could be if the fat controller stays and Rafa goes.

The best Newcastle team I've seen in yonks, all Newcastle fans want is a team that tries, we have that right now. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 14/04/2018 at 12:08 AM, newcastle roy said:

I did read all about you seeing that Bruce fella, i loved it mate.

Uno momento, young Roy. If you read all about Andrew seeing that Bruce fella, we need to be told where. There must be an inner circle on the Lake that the hot Laker chickies cannot enter.

Just to keep this football-related, I'm glad you beat Arsenal today B)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Season over Newcastle comfortably safe, mind you December ish I thought we were down.

Rafa has done wonders with this squad  Lascelles is a future international..i hope while still at the Toon, but i have my doubts as some of the money bags teams must have been watching.

Shelvey deserves an England call up right now for the WC, i doubt Southgate will take a chance on him..draws and one win all the way to the inevitable penalty defeat somewhere around the quarters guaranteed.

The loan signing of Dubravka and Kenedy were masterstrokes,  i still reckon Slimani is worth another season as well. I hope the fat controller gets his check book out for these at least.

Rafa has also, somehow turned Diame into a quite simply a world class player, i've never seen a player improve so much in such a short period of time.

I've got no doubts what so ever if McClown, Carver  or the fraud pardew was still in charge we would have been down by easter.

It's all about MA now, will he sell ?  Will he make sufficient funds available to strengthen  ?   I doubt that now, to much easy money for him. Will he make Rafa want to stay ?

As a Newcastle fan all i ask for is a team that tries, Rafa has made that happen, he's an outstanding manager, we simply just have to keep him, if he doesn't get the money to invest he will leave, i wouldn't blame him.

I must admit i haven't been to as many matches this season as i'd like to, i hope next season i can go to more games.

I tried my old NUFC strip on the other day..it's fucking shrunk FFS !  They must be made by the same damn firm that make Bruce Springsteen T Shirts ! 

Bill Shankly once said  "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that." .. He was a football genius, not in doubt, but he was wrong, very wrong.

• Like 5