They certainly are.  I  couldn't believe at first that they were by the same person, and assumed that it must be someone else with the same name.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 2:11 AM, janeymarywendy said:

Really good.  I read it very quickly.

image.png.a009cf0609b90a347147321247a3f53f.png

I’ve read this book (not that it matters, but my cover is different!) at least 20 times over the years.  (I often reread favorites...it’s like visiting old friends)  Excellent; and yes, a very fast read.  

• Like 1

I recently read these two books:

image.png

image.png.a9b9ceb28933c3c57034b6c80a24ecd3.png

The first was good, though sometimes boring. The second is not worth reading, IMHO.

Now starting with:

image.png.6ab4ccad12a6741b49841d73ca973945.png

I am loving this book so far.  I love historical fiction that incorporates real life.  This takes place in Montauk, Long Island at the Montauk Manor in it's heyday.

image.png.7012a56428bc05bc226b7285d25d5ca3.png

On 10/16/2019 at 7:43 PM, Born To Walk said:

I'm better at buying books than I am at starting to actually read them. This arrived yesterday and I intend to actually read it soon.

81ojLyaWIjL.jpg

Just started reading it. It looks interesting.

I have just finished The Testaments by Margaret Atwood. 

I really loved this follow up to The Handmaid's Tale. It was a bit confusing to start with as it is written in the first person and there are three first persons! However, once I figured out who was who it was a great read and I couldn't put it down. I found it more disturbing than when I read The Handmaid's Tale many years ago, which I think is because the world has become more disturbing for women, in particular, in the intervening years.

Highly recommended.

D841E90E-0BC5-4722-AF2B-0FB01146B645.jpeg.4542893db12af26e98eca7537266ef24.jpeg

Really enjoyed this. Another outing for Jackson Brodie, who is such a likeable character. A story of dreadful things which happen but shot through with her usual humour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

grafik.png.13e5115e44d6973d7f161c7a4b4be24a.png

Reading this right now and I'm continually shaking my head about how this president can still be in office. Detailed and convincing reporting.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 5:27 PM, whispered secret said:

D841E90E-0BC5-4722-AF2B-0FB01146B645.jpeg.4542893db12af26e98eca7537266ef24.jpeg

Really enjoyed this. Another outing for Jackson Brodie, who is such a likeable character. A story of dreadful things which happen but shot through with her usual humour.

Excellent! I'll call into the library asap.

I'm currently reading this - had to keep wiping my eyes cos it's bloomin' hilarious! Now I'll have to look out for the other 3.

Monty 3.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eileen said:

I'm currently reading this - had to keep wiping my eyes cos it's bloomin' hilarious! Now I'll have to look out for the other 3.

Monty 3.jpg

one of the funniest books i have read by one of the funniest men the world has seen

• Like 1