Greasy Lake Community

WRECKING BALL album....and related

Hi Earthslayer

do U have the boxoffices number for Hard Rock Calling?

I haven't seen the Hard Rock Calling gig among Billboard's Boxscores yet. Maybe it'll turn up next week.

Springsteen's UK 'Hard Rock Calling' show stats have just been released by Billboard Boxscore...plus 3 of the South American gigs

Jun 30............London, UK.............................33,670 / 33,670.............SELLOUT............USD$ 3,080,399

Sep 12...........Santiago, CHILE........................5,256 / 10,000.............53%...................................481,791

Sep 14...........Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA......7,095 / 12,000..............59%..................................729,946

Sep 18...........Sao Paulo, BRAZIL....................5,359 / 7,500..............71%...................................670,466

Seems to explain why he doesn't go to South America much....

Hi Earthslayer

do U have the boxoffices number for Hard Rock Calling?

I haven't seen the Hard Rock Calling gig among Billboard's Boxscores yet. Maybe it'll turn up next week.

Springsteen's UK 'Hard Rock Calling' show stats have just been released by Billboard Boxscore...plus 3 of the South American gigs

Jun 30............London, UK.............................33,670 / 33,670.............SELLOUT............USD$ 3,080,399

Sep 12...........Santiago, CHILE........................5,256 / 10,000.............53%...................................481,791

Sep 14...........Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA......7,095 / 12,000..............59%..................................729,946

Sep 18...........Sao Paulo, BRAZIL....................5,359 / 7,500..............71%...................................670,466

Thnaks man

• 1 month later...

New USA Soundscan figure for the 'Wrecking Ball' album.....as of Nov 17, 2013 it has scanned 506,000.

The last Soundscan figure for this album that leaked out was in Dec 2012 (491,000), so it has only scanned about 15,000 over the past 11 months...it seems the USA sales for this album really died off quickly.

--------------------------------------

Note:

National Sales Charts are based on Retail Sales (except for Greece, South Korea and Argentina, which are based on Wholesale sales)

National Sales Awards (i.e., official Gold/Platinum certifications) are based on Wholesale Sales.

WRECKING BALL album

CHART, SALES AND AWARD LEVELS

Country............Peak Chart........RETAIL Sales.......Award Level......WHOLESALE sales

United States.............1..................508,500.......................................500k+, gold cert pending

United Kingdom.........1..................210,800..................Gold.............100k+

Germany....................1..................138,600..................Gold.............100k+

Italy............................1....................74,850..................Platinum.........60k+

Sweden......................1....................57,300..................Platinum.........40k+

France........................3....................56,700..................Gold................50k+

Spain..........................1....................54,000..................Platinum.........40k+

Canada.......................3....................51,750..................Gold................40k+

Norway........................1...................46,800..................Platinum.........30k+

Netherlands.................1...................43,400..................Gold...............25k+

Australia......................2...................37,700..................Gold................35k+

Ireland.........................1...................28,600...................Platinum........15k+....nearing "PLAT x 2" level

Denmark.....................1...................25,100...................Platinum.........20k+

Finland........................1...................22,000...................Platinum.........20k+

Switzerland.................1...................19,550....................Gold...............15k+

Japan.........................16..................19,325

Austria.........................1...................19,100...................Gold...............10k+....nearing "Platinum" level

Belgium (Flanders)......1...................18,400....................Gold..............15k+

Belgium (Wallonia)......3....................sales & awards combined with above

Portugal.......................4.....................6,750....................Gold..............7.5k+

New Zealand...............1.....................6,600........................................<7.5k

Croatia.........................1.....................5,725........................................<7k

Brazil...........................(20+)...............4,975

Argentina....................(10+)................4,400

Slovenia........................3....................4,125........................................<5k

Czech Republic............4.....................3,625....................Gold.............2.5k+

Poland.........................10....................3,525

South Africa................(20+)................3,125

Hungary........................2.....................2,525........................................<3k

Greece.........................18....................2,000........................................<3k

Mexico........................(100+)...............1,975

South Korea...............(100+)...................700

Russia.........................(25+)....................650

all others combined............................25,975

TOTAL TO DATE..........................1,509,200

Forgive me, I know this is an old post, and thanks to someone posting in this thread today it's come to the fore but I have to say I find this really interesting... I always wondered what kind of sales an artist like Bruce had in SA. I know in the bigger picture we are a tiny rock music market but at least now I have an idea... I had guessed 5000 to 10 000 units, perhaps, so I wasn't terribly far off. Perhaps by now WB has sold around 5000 copies here? We never got the deluxe version, just the standard 11 track version.

I know he has sold many many more copies of his entire catalogue here over the last 40 years but I'm now even more glad he is coming to play here!

Note:

National Sales Charts are based on Retail Sales (except for Greece, South Korea and Argentina, which are based on Wholesale sales)

National Sales Awards (i.e., official Gold/Platinum certifications) are based on Wholesale Sales.

WRECKING BALL album

CHART, SALES AND AWARD LEVELS

Country............Peak Chart........RETAIL Sales.......Award Level......WHOLESALE sales

Australia......................2...................37,700..................Gold................35k+

New Zealand...............1.....................6,600........................................<7.5k

Brazil...........................(20+)...............4,975

Argentina....................(10+)................4,400

South Africa................(20+)................3,125

Forgive me, I know this is an old post, and thanks to someone posting in this thread today it's come to the fore but I have to say I find this really interesting... I always wondered what kind of sales an artist like Bruce had in SA. I know in the bigger picture we are a tiny rock music market but at least now I have an idea... I had guessed 5000 to 10 000 units, perhaps, so I wasn't terribly far off. Perhaps by now WB has sold around 5000 copies here? We never got the deluxe version, just the standard 11 track version.

I know he has sold many many more copies of his entire catalogue here over the last 40 years but I'm now even more glad he is coming to play here!

when you live a long way from the turnpike you have to order your delux editions from off shore :mellow:

and postage is a killer

even release dates are later :angry:

its frustrating :blink:

the worst is wihen excitting stuff is live streamed or on u-tube and it says not available in you country :(

no!

the worst is actually when all anyone seems to know of him around these parts is BITUSA or streets of Philly

but all is forgiven because JLM (or who ever makes the desicions) have remembeerd us from the bottom of the world :wub:

i just think over the years that Sony have missed so many opertunties to actaully promote their fine product in our corner of the globe

i bet those Aussie sales spiked when they got actually live shows earlier this year

we did get the tour edition GH's -just no actual tour

- maybe if Bruce was into rugby he would have been to see us sooner heheheh :D

Archived