Greasy Lake Community

WRECKING BALL album....and related

Number 1 in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk...o1/chart/albums

Seems he outsold The Military Wives by 18,000 http://www.officialc...-the-boss-1101/

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I helped with my multiple purchasescool.gif

You bought 18,000 copies? :lol:

It must be pay day in Holland B)

Bruce is , and will always be THE BOSS!!!!

Number 1 spot is where Bruce belongs; now try to top that, USA, UK and Australia. ;)

Besides, Springsteen has a litlle Dutch blood running through his veins, ha ha.

Yes, especially today I am proud to be Dutch!

Hoping Bruce reaches number 1 all over the world.

B)B)B)

Bruce is fighting with Adele in the US, but I'm really really hoping he's the one that can knock her out of first. Come on Bruce!

Don't be surprised. Since Norah Jones kicked his ass at the Grammy's 10 years back :lol:

Bruce is fighting with Adele in the US, but I'm really really hoping he's the one that can knock her out of first. Come on Bruce!

Don't be surprised. Since Norah Jones kicked his ass at the Grammy's 10 years back :lol:

I think we have to wait till Wednesday the 14th to find out but tallying stopped today.

I think we have to wait till Wednesday the 14th to find out but tallying stopped today.

are you sure the tallying stopped today? I didn't think it stopped until Tuesday night. That'd be the only way to get a full week of sales, of course...

are you sure the tallying stopped today? I didn't think it stopped until Tuesday night. That'd be the only way to get a full week of sales, of course...

Just going by what I read here...unless I'm not reading it right.

LINK: http://www.billboard.com/news/project-x-soundtrack-gunning-for-top-three-1006424352.story#/news/project-x

While Adele's "21" and Bruce Springsteen's new "Wrecking Ball" are vying for the No. 1 position on the Billboard 200 chart next week, the soundtrack to "Project X" is poised to the crash the party in the top three.

The companion album to the film about a house party that gets out of control might be headed for No. 3 with perhaps 20,000 to 30,000 sold by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, March 11. Last week, the album bowed at No. 23 with 17,000 sold in its debut frame.

Meanwhile, both Adele and Springsteen's sets are looking to sell over 200,000 copies each.

On Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart (below), Springsteen is No. 1 while Adele is No. 2 and the "Project X" soundtrack comes in at No. 3. The Building tally is a precursor to the final Billboard 200 ranking -- reflecting the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week as reported by six major merchants.

As for the rest of the top 10 on the Building Chart, the "Now 41" compilation is found at No. 4, Tyga's "Careless World" is No. 5 and Drake's "Take Care" sits at No. 6. Fun.'s "Some Nights" is No. 7, Rihanna's "Talk That Talk" is at No. 8 and Luke Bryan's "Tailgates & Tanlines" is No. 9. Rounding out the top 10 is Andrew Bird's new "Break It To Yourself" at No. 10.

Do note that Whitney Houston's catalog of older albums are missing from the Building Chart as it does not include old titles. However, all will be present on the Billboard 200 next week (as it features both new and old sets).

The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, March 14.

Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart

Rank LW

BB 200 Artist Title

1 NEW Bruce Springsteen "Wrecking Ball"

2 1 Adele "21"

3 23 Soundtrack "Project X"

4 4 Various Artists "Now 41"

5 6 Tyga "Careless World"

6 8 Drake "Take Care"

7 12 fun. "Some Nights"

8 9 Rihanna "Talk That Talk"

9 18 Luke Bryan "Tailgates & Tanlines"

10 NEW Andrew Bird "Break It Yourself"

The Building Chart reflects the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week (which ends Sunday) as reported by six major merchants: iTunes, Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Starbucks, Target and Anderson Merchandisers. Billboard estimates that they make up about 85% of all U.S. album sales.

I found this on another site

"first week sales of 74,401 - the second highest for a new album by the veteran singer/songwriter in the 21st century, beaten only by the mark set by Magic, which sold 77,692 copies the week it opened at number one in 2007."

"first week sales of 74,401 - the second highest for a new album by the veteran singer/songwriter in the 21st century, beaten only by the mark set by Magic, which sold 77,692 copies the week it opened at number one in 2007."

Magic actually sold like 335,000 copies the week it came out. It then spent a week at number two, then returned to number one; only when it returned to number one for a second week did it sell seventy-something thousand copies. Bruce's record in this century was set with the Rising, which sold 526,000 copies the first week.

Magic actually sold like 335,000 copies the week it came out. It then spent a week at number two, then returned to number one; only when it returned to number one for a second week did it sell seventy-something thousand copies. Bruce's record in this century was set with the Rising, which sold 526,000 copies the first week.

-------------------

He's talking UK, you're talking USA

Correct.

Might be interesting for next weeks number one.

There are no new releases, will Military Wives or Adele knock Bruce of top spot.

USA sales figures from HDD...it's close

With 55% of vendors (roughly 37% of total market volume) reporting in:

001...ADELE/21.....................................................................................89,009

002...BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN/Wrecking Ball........................................81,739

003...VARIOUS ARTISTS/Now That's What I Call Music, Vol 41..........58,590

So what do you think? Does he have a chance?

Bruce just came in no 1 in the Netherlands! :)

-----------------

Retail Sales Results for Netherlands....strong opening week for Bruce

1....Springsteen/Wrecking Ball..........23,150.....equivilant to a 460,000 opening week in the USA

2....Franz Duijts...................................6,019

3....Adele/21........................................3,472

Bruce just came in no 1 in the Netherlands! :)

-----------------

Retail Sales Results for Netherlands....strong opening week for Bruce

1....Springsteen/Wrecking Ball..........23,150.....equivilant to a 460,000 opening week in the USA

2....Franz Duijts...................................6,019

3....Adele/21........................................3,472

WOW!!! That's a very strong week of sales!!!

Just read this. I don't see how they're predicting Bruce to get it when Adele is still leading in sales, but I hope they're right!

LINK: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1680970/adele-bruce-springsteen-billboard-charts.jhtml?xrs=share_copy

Bruce Springsteen To End Adele's Run At #1?

Early estimates predict the Boss' Wrecking Ball will surpass 21 for top spot on week's Billboard albums chart.

There's been no other #1 album in 2012 besides Adele's unstoppable 21 — and it hasn't even been close — though all of that might change this week as Bruce Springsteen is poised to make a run at the top spot on the Billboard albums chart.

According to industry site Hits Daily Double, Springsteen's new Wrecking Ball disc is giving 21 its toughest competition to date in the battle for #1 on next week's Top 200. With slightly more than half of retail data compiled, Adele has sold roughly 89,000 copies of her album, while Springsteen has sold nearly 82,000.

Based on those early estimates, Hits is estimating Wrecking Ball will sell approximately 200,000 copies (Springsteen's previous studio album, 2009's Working on a Dream, bowed at #1 with sales of more than 223,000 copies), ending Adele's run of 10 consecutive weeks atop the Billboard albums chart. The last record to sit at #1 besides 21 was Michael Bublé's Christmas, which outgunned Adele for the top spot during the week ending December 25.

Since then, Adele's held tight at #1, and, in the process, her 21 has racked up chart records, seemingly with each passing week. The album has already surpassed the likes of the "Titanic" soundtrack and Whitney Houston's "The Bodyguard" soundtrack in terms of non-consecutive weeks at #1, and shattered the mark for biggest post-Grammy sales bump in the history of Nielsen SoundScan.

If her reign atop the charts does come to an end this week, Adele will have spent 23 non-consecutive weeks at #1 — one short of tying iconic albums like Prince's Purple Rain and the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack.

Final sales figures for the week will be released Wednesday morning.

Archived