Greasy Lake Community

WRECKING BALL album....and related

I think Bruce's total may be revised down slightly, I picked this up on another site

"Springsteen's album sold 196K copies, just 1K more than Adele's 21, which has been in release for 55 weeks. That album dips to #2 following 23 (non-consecutive) weeks at #1"

I think Bruce's total may be revised down slightly, I picked this up on another site

"Springsteen's album sold 196K copies, just 1K more than Adele's 21, which has been in release for 55 weeks. That album dips to #2 following 23 (non-consecutive) weeks at #1"

An exact 1,000 sounds a little strange to me. I don't think that number is accurate.

HDD's figures (unofficial) were Springsteen 201k....Adele 191k

NIELSEN SOUNDSCAN's figures (official) were Springsteen 196k....Adele 195k.....the unrounded figures will be out shortly

A bit of a delay with the Soundscan figures because they were probably recounting/doublechecking their stats....one of the closest (maybe the closest) battle for #1 of the post-1990 Soundscan era.

.....Somebody said they thought they saw Jon Landau entering Nielsen's NY offices last night with a Santa suit and a bag full of goodies :lol:

:lol:

I don't care if he won by 10. He did it!

from Mediatraffic (United World Sales Chart)

Springsteen - 'Wrecking Ball' album

Period.................World Rank.........Retail Sales.........Comments

Week-12 (1)...............1.......................438,000.............#2 was Adele/21 (348,000)

B)B)B)

HDD projects 'Wrecking Ball' album sales of only 50k-55k for USA Week-2... :blink: ...that's a huge % drop. Hopefully the rate of sales decline moderates for Bruce for USA Weeks 3, 4, 5.

I had a feeling he would only be at #1 for a week, maybe two. But I hope those numbers change too.

HDD projects 'Wrecking Ball' album sales of only 50k-55k for USA Week-2... :blink: ...that's a huge % drop. Hopefully the rate of sales decline moderates for Bruce for USA Weeks 3, 4, 5.

Not that much of a surprise, isn't it?

'Wrecking Ball' album has been certifed GOLD in Ireland (7,500+)....no surprise

'Wrecking Ball' album has been been certified GOLD in Portugal (7,500+)...big surprise - his first Award in Portugal since the 'Essential' Album in 2003.

Look at 4th column next to Bruce's Chart Position...OU = Gold

http://www.artistas-espectaculos.com/topafp/pt/

Well, it will be the first time Bruce plays in Portugal since 1993...

Not that much of a surprise, isn't it?

--------------

WOAD did 101k in Week-2 in the USA...so, yeah, 50k-55k for WRECKING BALL is disappointing if that's what it ends up being. I would have expected at least 85k-90k.

Again, not much of a surprise, isn't it? Many of the 101k that bought WOAD in Week-2 are probably still disappointed. ;)

Archived