Greasy Lake Community

ME$$I

Cozmic Kid

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Please give a full report after the match. And have fun!

Will do! With some pictures I took myself. ;-)

Roy will probably know what I'm talking about.

Tickets are on sale on the official website now. I was told to wait because better tickets will get available close to matchday when season ticket holders give up their seats. Usually I go for 3rd tier behind the goal - the cheapest. All my life I have watched matches at the stadium from behind the goal. I love it. Sometimes I wish I could watch matches on TV like that. But this time, as it might just be the last time I go there, I will go for something more expensive. F*** it! That's what I work hard for.

1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

Will do! With some pictures I took myself. ;-)

Roy will probably know what I'm talking about.

Tickets are on sale on the official website now. I was told to wait because better tickets will get available close to matchday when season ticket holders give up their seats. Usually I go for 3rd tier behind the goal - the cheapest. All my life I have watched matches at the stadium from behind the goal. I love it. Sometimes I wish I could watch matches on TV like that. But this time, as it might just be the last time I go there, I will go for something more expensive. F*** it! That's what I work hard for.

Go for it my friend. Like you when we(my Friends and I) go to Indy every year for a Colts American Football game. We sit in the end zone. Again we love it as you do. I personally love it, because you can see the holes open up and the receivers and cornerbacks coverage. Quite awesome.

9 hours ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

Hope it's not that empty when you're there! :D

Haha! Hope so too. But then again, there would be no line at the bar.

It's a midweek game at 10 pm. I don't think it will be full. I think around 85.000.

And Messi, that putz, aggravated his groin injury playing for Argentina. I demand that they wrap him in cotton for the next 2 1/2 weeks.

That must drive people at the club crazy. Is already injured but still flies to Argentina to play a stupid World Cup qualifier. As if there would be any doubt that Argentina qualify. But he feels he owes them something. He owes them shit! Now the club that pays him 20 million a year might miss him because he played for somebody who pays him f***** zero.

If he'll be out for more than two weeks I will find him when I'm down there and slap him silly.

On 04/09/2016 at 1:14 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

just btw....Messie good though he is (and he is a stong little bxxxxxrd).,.

He aint half the player that Diego is..

There has and never will be anyone who has played the game better..

Give over !

You can't even spell his name right you are so wrong

Messi is ten times the player the fat jealous git  ever was, you're only saying that because of '86, Scotland's finest hour, when your landlords got beat off a fat drug taking cheat. Messi would dribble rings around the fat sod Madonna:D .

• Like 1

On 12.9.2016 at 10:20 AM, newcastle roy said:

ok, i have to ask, WTF is going on with Messi's hair ? 

collageee.jpg?w=748&h=411&crop=1

After the legal problems and the disapointment with Argentina he wanted a fresh start, something new.

What I wonder, why does his beard (not dyed!) have a different colour than his natural hair?

On 19/9/2016 at 6:26 PM, LeoGetz said:

After the legal problems and the disapointment with Argentina he wanted a fresh start, something new.

What I wonder, why does his beard (not dyed!) have a different colour than his natural hair?

That happens to many. (Beard thing)

Also for me haha

On 22.9.2016 at 9:27 AM, newcastle roy said:

at least you got to see him play for 60mins. 

Looking forward to your full report

I know, I should be grateful, but I can't help it: the game was a disappointment. And I don't mean the result. It was just a boring game. I'd rather see Barça lose a cracking game with lots of pace and chances. But I should have expected it. It was against Atletico after all. Since Simeone took over I can honestly say that I have not seen a single game by them that entertained me. They are very successful at what they do, but they are boring to watch. When I think about that I actually wanted to go to the Celtic match, but couldn't because of work, I get the almost uncontrollable desire to strangle my boss. ;-)

On top of that, all the "top-stars" had a bad game. Messi, Neymar and Suarez on one side and Griezmann on the other. Only Iniesta stood out a bit.

The two tickets for me and my wife cost 218 Euros. Yes, 218!!!

20160921_213554.jpg

Great seats! Exaclty how I like to watch a game at the stadium. And I do have to admit that it was impressive to see Atletico in the second half defend the goal at my end. It was great to see how they moved their defensive block and closed the passing channels. They are probably the best in the world when it comes to getting a result.

But again, I was very disappointed. Also because it was the third time in a row that I get a pretty boring game when I'm there. What are the odds of that?

The atmosphere was surprisingly good. And it was the highest attended football game (or concert) I have ever been too. 89.421. It felt sold out, despite almost 10.000 empty seats.

If you look at the picture, just left of the scoreboard was the section for the Atletico fans. I couldn't see how many there were exactly, but I'd guess around 50. Imagine that! Shows you how different the football culture is in Spain. This was the top match in european football this week and one of the top teams in european football has about 50 fans there.

But everything apart from the game was great. Barcelona is just a great city. And walking around on Thursday I saw Bruce...

20160922_154454.jpg

...or at least some dude carved out of wood that looked like him. And he was in good company...

20160922_154502.jpg

Also on Thursday we took the stadium tour. I hadn't done it before but this time my wife insisted. It was very interesting and 24 Euros per person are a reasonable price. But what I saw again, even more then at the match the day before, is that the Camp Nou is a dump. It looks great on TV, but when you're there you realize how necessary it is to renovate or rebuild it. Even the visiting team's dressing room looks partly like the dressing room of some old third league football ground. Holes in the floor, splintered benches, massage tables with torn upholstery... Not worthy of a club like Barça.

So all in all I came home with mixed emotions. It was great to be in the city again, but once again the game let me down. Guess I have to go again.

EDIT: The wife just told me that Bruce was not carved out of wood but papier mache. Whatever, it still looked terrible.

• Like 2

Thanks for taking the time to write that Leo, I really did enjoy reading it. 

Hard to believe that only 50 away fans went to that match, even harder to believe the state of one of the most famous grounds in the world.

I think the bloke who made those papier mache thingys must have been drunk :D

It still looks like you've had a great time there, so yes you have to go againB)

cheers Leo

9 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

It still looks like you've had a great time there, so yes you have to go againB)

cheers Leo

A few months of very hard work and lots of overtime and I might be able to go again this season.

51 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

A few months of very hard work and lots of overtime and I might be able to go again this season.

Or you could do what i do and gamble your wages to get things you can't afford...'em best not, you do the overtime Leo :D

You'll be back there sooner than you think B)

Thanks for your thoughts Leo, even though the game and result were not what you wished for I am sure you have no regrets about making the trip.

We did the stadium tour when we were there to see Bruce in 2008, spoke to a few very friendy Barcelona season ticket holders in the pub nearest to the stadium, and having done many of the larger stadium tours Camp Nou was probably the most disappointing we have done, not just the condition of the stadium but there was no input by the club, you just got a headset told to go and push the buttons around the stadium to get more information if you wanted to. At the start of the tour they had a model of what the "new" stadium would look like after the planned redevelopment, the plan was to continue playing there during the work to build a new stadium around (outside) the existing stadium and then take the existing one down, but despite this here we are 8 years later and nothing seems to have started.

Regarding the football I think at last that Simeone is now not only famous "for getting beckham sent off", but building a great team despite selling many top players each season, Diego Godin is one of my favourite players who could fit into any team, and their work ethinc and defending is superb. Unfortunately I do not think that we will see the Lei Messi of a few years back again, I have thought for some time now that he seems to be saving himself more and is not so keen to risk the tackles which keep getting made on him, eventually they take their toll and I think this is what we are seeing now with him missing matches more often, I hope I am wrong but he probably needs to do this to prolong his playing life.

You must go back, maybe one day to see El Classico, probably the second most famous derby in the world.;)