Greasy Lake Community

58 minutes ago, DarknessandHope said:

Not a Messi issue but what do you think @LeoGetz

Police entered Barcelona's Nou Camp stadium on Monday in a search and seize operation; police say a number of arrests were made; the operation comes less than a week before the club's presidential elections take place

Results on the pitch haven't been very good lately, but this is something many Barça fans are celebrating like a trophy!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I5 ON A MI55ION

Hahaha I here the fat cheat got sacked again

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LeoGetz said:

Results on the pitch haven't been very good lately, but this is something many Barça fans are celebrating like a trophy!

Do you have any idea of  what they were looking for and may have seized?

15 minutes ago, DarknessandHope said:

Does seem like it would not be a felony but maybe this is more for show?

Maybe "Barçagate" is only the tip of the iceberg. I could also imagine these crooks funneling club money into their own pockets.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

Maybe "Barçagate" is only the tip of the iceberg. I could also imagine these crooks funneling club money into their own pockets.

What do you think Messi's reaction will be to all the issues going on with the club now? Will he stay if the "right" president is elected or will he leave?

6 minutes ago, DarknessandHope said:

What do you think Messi's reaction will be to all the issues going on with the club now? Will he stay if the "right" president is elected or will he leave?

I don't think this will influence his decision. The new president (probably Joan Laporta) will have a good chance of convincing him to stay. There's also a lot of history there. Laporta was president when Messi broke into the first team. And as far as I have heard, they always had a great relationship.

I could understand if Messi wants to leave and play his last years with a team that can compete for the CL. But it would be a shame. He belongs in that shirt. And ending his career where he started it would do more for his legacy in the long run than another CL trophy for another team.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

He belongs in that shirt. And ending his career where he started it would do more for his legacy in the long run than another CL trophy for another team.

The other side to that story is look what happened in Tampa Bay this year, with Tom Brady? Brady winning was always because of Belichick now it's because of Brady? 

Apples v Oranges I don't know?  

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

The other side to that story is look what happened in Tampa Bay this year, with Tom Brady? Brady winning was always because of Belichick now it's because of Brady? 

Apples v Oranges I don't know?  

Good point. I just think that Messi has already proven that he was the X-factor in these great Barça teams. Pep, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar or Suarez surely helped, but without him they would have never become THAT good. As a fan, part of me would love him to go to City and tear up the Premier League and shut up the last of his doubters. But I'm afraid with 34 he's not in the necessary physical shape anymore. And if he ends up being only good and not sensational, people will say: See, I always knew he wouldn't cut it in England.

• Like 2

Former president Josep Maria Bartomeu was among four ex-Barcelona officials arrested on Monday, according to widespread reports in Spain, as the club's Nou Camp offices were also raided by Catalan police.

Current chief executive Oscar Grau, ex-director of legal services Gomez Ponti, and advisor to the president Jaume Masferrer were the other three detained by Mossos d'Esquadra, the force confirmed to Spanish radio station Onda Cero.

The operation is in connection with last year's 'Barcagate', in which club officials were accused of launching a smear campaign against current and former players, who were critical of the club and Bartomeu.

Barcelona had denied accusations that they hired and overpaid a company to make negative comments about their own players and opponents on social media in order to boost the image of senior officials. The company was accused of using fake social media accounts to discredit opposition figures when they expressed views that went against the club.

Some of the figures supposedly included players such as Lionel Messi - who was unhappy and unsettled at Barcelona at the time - defender Gerard Pique, as well as former head coach Pep Guardiola. The club later released an independent audit report showing that there had been no wrongdoing.

Bartomeu and his board of directors resigned last year amid fallout from the controversy surrounding Messi and ahead of the upcoming presidential elections, which are to be held in less than a week's time.

Presidential candidate Joan Laporta also confirmed the arrest of Bartomeu on Monday and said the day's events would cause "enormous harm to the image of our club

Joan Laporta elected Barcelona president for second time; 58-year-old wins with more than 54 per cent of vote; Laporta to hold role until 2026; Victor Font recorded just short of 30 per cent of vote while Toni Freixa earned just over eight per cent

• Like 1

Font would have been my first choice. But it's great to see Laporta back. I remember seeing him dancing and singing at Bruce's Barcelona shows in 2008. 

I hope he has learned from his mistakes during his first term.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Good goal, but that last defender was a cross between stones and maguire, what was he "not" doing ?

True, but that's what he's been doing for 15 years now - making defenders look stupid. 

• Like 1