• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I5 ON A MI55ION

Hahaha I here the fat cheat got sacked again

Posted Images

and he's not a luxury player either, he puts in a good shift to add to his magic. Simply unbelievable. A few idiots were saying on twitter he wouldn't do it in the premier league, utter bollocks!

Heard that many times before. It just makes you wonder how players like David Silva, Torres, Mata, Fabregas, Cazorla, Toure Yaya, Aguero, etc., could succeed in the Premier League, when they were already nowhere near as good as Messi when they played in Spain. And looking at the defending in the PL at the moment, Messi would run riot there.

Records in 2012:

Most goals in a calender year: 88 and counting (Barça: 76 in 58 games; Argentina: 12 in 9 games; 99 goals including unofficial friendlies)

Most goals in a season (2011/2012): 82 for club and country (73 Barça, 9 Argentina)

Most CL Top-Scorer titles: 4 (in a row)

Most goals in a CL game: 5

Most goals in a CL season: 14

Most goals in a La Liga season: 50

Most hattricks in a La Liga season: 8

Most consecutive La Liga games with at least one goal: 10

Most international goals in a calender year: 25 (level with Vivian Woodward, 1909)

Most goals for Argentina in a calender year: 12 (level with Gabriel Batistuta, 1998)

Turns out Messi still haven't beaten the record. it's Zico's. 89 goals according to Flamenco ;)

And the master was even injured for 2 months ;)

But if you include friendly games, like Flamengo did, Messi is already way past 90. So... :P

But it says a lot about Messis record, that all other claims come from a long, long time ago, just like Müllers record. If you would have asked a couple of years ago, everybody would have said that it's just impossible to score 80 or more goals a year/season in modern football. 40+ goals a season was considered to be extraordinary not long ago.

Turns out Messi still haven't beaten the record. it's Zico's. 89 goals according to Flamenco ;)

But if you include friendly games, like Flamengo did, Messi is already way past 90. So... :P

But it says a lot about Messis record, that all other claims come from a long, long time ago, just like Müllers record. If you would have asked a couple of years ago, everybody would have said that it's just impossible to score 80 or more goals a year/season in modern football. 40+ goals a season was considered to be extraordinary not long ago.

They only counted official games though, Not friendly, friendly. There was a game against Argentina I believe, which counted as official.

But I agree with you about the rest. It's pretty convenient for Flamengo to come out with that crap now, or this loser from South Africa.

I need video proof before I believe them B)

They only counted official games though, Not friendly, friendly. There was a game against Argentina I believe, which counted as official.

But I agree with you about the rest. It's pretty convenient for Flamengo to come out with that crap now, or this loser from South Africa.

If you look at the list Flamengo put forward, it includes mid-summer matches against FC Barcelona and Ujpest Budapest. If you count Messis pre-season goals, he's way past Zico.

But there's this zambian player, Chitulu, who supposedly scored 107 goals or something like that. Dug up by AS, the Real-friendly sports paper. The Madrid media is going to great lengths trying to get that record taken away from Messi. The back and forth between Barcelona and Madrid based papers is actually funny to follow. Marca for example insist that Messi stands at 87 goals, not 88. The rest of the world, including FIFA and the spanish federation have him on 88, but not Marca.

If you look at the list Flamengo put forward, it includes mid-summer matches against FC Barcelona and Ujpest Budapest. If you count Messis pre-season goals, he's way past Zico.

But there's this zambian player, Chitulu, who supposedly scored 107 goals or something like that. Dug up by AS, the Real-friendly sports paper. The Madrid media is going to great lengths trying to get that record taken away from Messi. The back and forth between Barcelona and Madrid based papers is actually funny to follow. Marca for example insist that Messi stands at 87 goals, not 88. The rest of the world, including FIFA and the spanish federation have him on 88, but not Marca.

Apparently FIFA refuse to accept the record. They say they simly don't know if it is the best ever or not. They have no stats.

Shame on FIFA. You gotta start somewhere.

Apparently FIFA refuse to accept the record. They say they simly don't know if it is the best ever or not. They have no stats.

I'm all for bashing FIFA, but in this case it's the zambian federation that didn't care for 40 years.

I'm all for bashing FIFA, but in this case it's the zambian federation that didn't care for 40 years.

But can they document it?

But can they document it?

Apparently they can. But that's the Madrid media reporting. And they have a history of manufacturing and creating false "evidence" when it comes to discredit Barça and its players.

Personally I don't care. If Chitulu scored that many goals, he should have the record, but AS and Marca are using the guy, who's apparently a legend in Zambia (dying in a plane crash with the whole national team in 1992), to get back at Messi and Barça. And these people call themselves journalists.

Another two goals in another easy win for Barcelona, my as well give them the tittle now.

I've never looked at the stats in depth fot Messi goals, i would like to know how many games over the year he has just scored the one goal in a game, he always seems to score at least two per game.

A stunning player..BEST EVER

Another two goals in another easy win for Barcelona, my as well give them the tittle now.

I've never looked at the stats in depth fot Messi goals, i would like to know how many games over the year he has just scored the one goal in a game, he always seems to score at least two per game.

I can look that up for you. But last night was the 8th start in a row that he scored two goals. Incredible!

I can look that up for you. But last night was the 8th start in a row that he scored two goals. Incredible!

I'm running out of words to describe him...I'll just stick with, fuckin' brill B)

Winston me ol' mate, a lot has happened since you went into hiding..............most importantly, England won the test series!!

I'm sure you'll want to celebrate with us and give us a smiley...............

To sum up...

91 goals in in 69 games in 2012

79 in 60 for Barça

12 in 9 for Argentina

So far this season he scored 26 goals (only 1 penalty) in 17 Liga games. That would have made him top-scorer in 46 previous league seasons.

Messi now scored 40+ goals for club and country for 5 consecutive seasons:

2008/2009: 41 (21 assists)

2009/2010: 48 (19 assists)

2010/2011: 57 (32 assists)

2011/2012: 82 (38 assists)

2012/2013: 40 (9 assists)

In the last 4 1/2 years Messi was directly involved in 387 goals!!!

In 2012, Messi scored 59 league goals in 38 league appearances and 71 goals in the last 50 games.

Lionel Messi turns down £460,000-a-week after £205m release clause is triggered

Barcelona forward shuns offer from unknown Russian club

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/lionel-messi-turns-down-460000aweek-after-205m-release-clause-is-triggered-8432548.html?

• 2 weeks later...

Messi with 41,6 % of the votes. If they would have voted end of December he would have had at least 60 %.

First player to win 4.

Four in a row.

And by the time he hangs up his boots he'll have 7? 8? 9?

Best ever!

How did everybody vote?

Some of the votes are downright embarrassing.

German coach Joachim Löw have thrown all credibility overboard, if he had any. 1, Mesut Özil 2. Manuel neuer. 3, Xavi WTF??

Khumalo Bongani, Captain in South Africa 1. Yaya Touré. 2, Xavi. 3, Andrés Iniesta

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/ballond%27or/playeroftheyear%28men%29/01/98/07/84/fboawardmenplayer2012-bycountry.pdf