Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peterjc

The pit in stadiums

Roughly how many get in the pit and what time do you have to rock up to get in..
Uk stadium shows both work days for most!!?

Usually at least 1,000 in the large stadiums. Rock up early depending on country. In the UK early morning will get you down the front, early afternoon in the pit ( as a general rule). In Italy/Sweden/Spain early morning gets you in the pit and a few days before gets you down the front.

I have some questions about this for Manchester - how early do you reckon I should get down to get my wristband, who/where do you get the bands from, if you get them can you go and spend your afternoon elsewhere and rock up at showtime and get in the back of the pit and (if I have their ticket) can I get a wristband for someone else?

Cheers,
Wacko

Okay there are no guarantees however if you rock up mid morning at the latest and get a number and show up for roll calls then you should get a wristband. Wristbands are given out at variable times. Depends how many people are in line and the circumstances of each stadium. Usually it is early/mid afternoon but there have been changes to that.
Once you have a wristband then yes you can leave and come back showtime and go in the back of the pit.
No you can't get a wristband for anybody else. One ticket/one wristband which is placed on your wrist.
Like I said though each stadium will vary and each country varies due to other factors like weather so to be sure get there early and don't go wandering off until the wristband is safely on your wrist.

Good luck

WOAD Tour was around 5,000 for outdoor venues.

Italy using the lottery system so whether you turn up 2 days or 2 minutes before the wristbands are handed out you have just as much chance of getting to the front.

I don't remember a pit at HRC or at old Trafford on the magic tour or at the outdoor rising tour shows in the uk ?

[quote name='afleming' timestamp='1337096911' post='2140021']
I don't remember a pit at HRC or at old Trafford on the magic tour or at the outdoor rising tour shows in the uk ?
[/quote]

HRC no.

Old Trafford (2008) yes. 2003 presumably so, too.

2003 was the trafford cricket ground and I got close to the front and no pit, also the london one 2003 crystal palace I think had no pit I got close there as well but I don't remember one at old Trafford for the magic tour but must be wrong

I hate pits in stadiums I went to see U2 on the zooropa tour and the pit was so large and empty that all the fans behind it were crushed and squeezed into a smaller space than they should have been I got fed up and left that one.

The only time I've been in the pit for Bruce was Seeger sessions Sheffield arena which was pretty good.

I wont be able to get unto Manchester until late afternoon, could someone pick up a wristband for me please :rolleyes: ...pretty please :unsure:

[quote name='afleming' timestamp='1337115563' post='2140127']
I don't remember one at old Trafford for the magic tour but must be wrong
[/quote]

Manchester 2008

[img]http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/magictour/052808c.jpg[/img]

My train gets into Oxford Road at 1209, plan is ditch bag at hotel, head to stadium, get sorted then go on the beer.

However, I'm sitting at Soo'l'a' the day before, if that's a rewarding experience I may try to trade my ticket for a half decent seated one.

Getting old now ...... :-(

Hey guys,

I'm heading to Manchester also.
Was just wondering if I wasn't intending on actually getting in the pit but wanted a pretty decent spot (standing) how early would you need to get there???
If it was up to me I wouldn't mind standing in the queue all day but I'm going with others who aren't so up for doing that.

Thanks for the help.

What time are people planning on getting to Sunderland? And could you actually leave the stadium once you have a wristband?

[quote name='Shotgun Shack' timestamp='1337256476' post='2140713']
And could you actually leave the stadium once you have a wristband?
[/quote]

Yes.

Sunderland will be an easy wristband.

There are no guarantees that the stadium will not just open the doors all at once. At Hampden i rolled up five minutes before the gates opened and got in the pit. This is something organised by fans, most places are pretty good about it and honour the wristband system but remember they don't have to

Hampden was a wee bit different.

Story I heard was that there was no pit planned.
Then when Bruce and his "people" pitched up the day before, they said "Oh yes, there shall be a pit".

If you recall the bands issued inside were "King Tut's" (best small venue in the world) which had been got hold of at short notice.

It was a biscuit arsed affair, they didn't give the wristbands out til you were in, so, effectively, it was just a case of Q-ing early.

Anything at Hampden is guaranteed to be half baked, but it was a midweek gig so was always going to be an easy pit.

Last time I went to Dublin they didn't wristband. We lined up all day and they let us in the pit but you only got a band if you wanted to leave the pit for anything but 9/10 the normal system applies

[quote name='newcastle roy' timestamp='1337145942' post='2140325']
I wont be able to get unto Manchester until late afternoon, could someone pick up a wristband for me please :rolleyes: ...pretty please :unsure:
[/quote]

No prob Roy, I'll pick one up in the clubshop for you :)

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2MlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqR,!qYE-ZMj5lcLBPmYZ)f)qw~~60_35.JPG[/img]

I predict Dublin 2 will be the easiest Pit entry of all time.....

[quote name='slane85' timestamp='1337370408' post='2141639']
[quote name='newcastle roy' timestamp='1337145942' post='2140325']
[/quote]

No prob Roy, I'll pick one up in the clubshop for you :)

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2MlgxNjAw/$%28KGrHqR,%21qYE-ZMj5lcLBPmYZ%29f%29qw%7E%7E60_35.JPG[/img]
[/quote]

I'd wear one of them if it meant getting into the pit :lol: