Greasy Lake Community

Hi all,

Just wondering if I was there by 12pm on Friday would 3 of us be early enough to get a number on the list for the wrist bands?

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Peter
From what I'm hearing, that should do it.

My train doesn't get in til gone 12, then there's hotel check-in etc. so I'm thinking I'll struggle.
Does anyone know what the procedure is going to be?

Will wristbands be given out early afternoon meaning you can leave for a couple of hours if you're not bothered about being right next to the stage or will they only be given out on entry?
[b]Found this on Backstreets:[/b]

SUMMARY:
First come first serve decides the order of entry to the pit. The pit will be 3000 people, roughly, in size. Pit access wristbands are given out OUTSIDE the venue ONLY to the first 1000 people in line (IE, people WITH numbers below 1000 on their hands. Numbers over 1000 probably will not be given out anyway). The next 2000 people in the pit must enter the venue before they can get into the pit. If you get a wristband outside the venue you can then leave, go sit in a bar, then return to the venue 10 mins before showtime and walk into the back of the pit.

FULL STORY:
First person to arrive at the venue starts a list and a line. People arriving get a number, give their name, and come back at the roll call times appointed by the people running the list.

On the day of the show, Bruce security Graham Quinn comes out at around 12 noon. He tells venue security that the fans have a list, and that the list will be followed.

At 3pm everyone lines up, in list order, in blocks of 50 or 75 or 100 or something.

Soon after, Graham and venue security come down and check each person's number on their hand to make sure they are in order.

Soon after, Graham and venue security come down and give out pit wristbands while you are in line, before your ticket is scanned. These wristbands gaurantee access to the (back of) the pit. If you want, you can leave the venue when you get your wristband and return to the venue at showtime.

When doors open, the first line of 50 or 75 or 100 or whatever are WALKED into the stadium through ONE gate. Walked. It is made clear to everyone that if anyone runs they will be thrown out. Then the second line of 50 or 75 or 100 or whatever are WALKED into the stadium through ONE gate. Etc, etc, etc. So on and so forth.

If you arrive too late you will not get a number, but you can still be early enough to get into the pit if you get in line and stay there. The pit will be maybe 3000 people large, but it is unlikely that there will be any more than 1000 numbers given out. If you arrive after the 1000th number is given, you must get in line and wait until you enter the venue. Only people with numbers benefit from the roll call system, and only people with numbers can get their wristband OUTSIDE the stadium BEFORE their ticket is scanned.

After everyone with a number is inside, the 'secondary line' of people without numbers is let in through all the GA gates. Though it is unlikely to be dangerous at this point because there are already 1000 fecking people inside, so the very front is impossible to run to anyway.

If you are one of these people in the 'secondary line' without a number you still have a chance to be in the pit. You will not have a wristband, but once you are inside the venue walk towards the pit entry gates anyway. Make sure you show the staff that you do not have a pit wristband, and they will let you in if the pit is not up to capacity. They have little clicker things to keep track of how many people are going into the pit without a wristband. Say, for example, the pit is 3000 people large, and 1000 people get pit wristbands outside the venue. That leaves 2000 more people who get into the pit by simply walking into it. Let's say there are 4 pit entry gates (2 on each side of the stage), the staff member at each pit entry gate will click up to 500 people entering without a wristband. When each is finished, the pit is decided to be 'full', and then only people WITH wristbands are allowed into the pit.

Once you are in the pit, you can get a wristband at any time whenever you EXIT the pit to go to the toilet or to get a drink, etc. Make sure you get a wristband from the staff as you exit, if you get out without a wristband they will not let you back in again if it is late and the pit is 'full'!
[quote name='MagicRatAFC' timestamp='1340102540' post='2144869']

My train doesn't get in til gone 12, then there's hotel check-in etc. so I'm thinking I'll struggle.
[/quote]
You could go get a number for the pit then go to the hotel after 2pm and between roll calls, this is the reason I am driving through straight after the SoL show, I couldn't be arsed with the hotel and pit queue problems
[quote name='crustyoldman' timestamp='1340105289' post='2144885']
[quote name='MagicRatAFC' timestamp='1340102540' post='2144869']

[/quote]
You could go get a number for the pit then go to the hotel after 2pm and between roll calls, this is the reason I am driving through straight after the SoL show, I couldn't be arsed with the hotel and pit queue problems
[/quote]
Aye, I think that's what I'll do. Head to the ground then go do the check in bit once I'm banded up.
[quote name='Stabler009' timestamp='1340103687' post='2144877']
[b]Found this on Backstreets:[/b]

SUMMARY:
First come first serve decides the order of entry to the pit. The pit will be 3000 people, roughly, in size. Pit access wristbands are given out OUTSIDE the venue ONLY to the first 1000 people in line (IE, people WITH numbers below 1000 on their hands. Numbers over 1000 probably will not be given out anyway). The next 2000 people in the pit must enter the venue before they can get into the pit. If you get a wristband outside the venue you can then leave, go sit in a bar, then return to the venue 10 mins before showtime and walk into the back of the pit.

FULL STORY:
First person to arrive at the venue starts a list and a line. People arriving get a number, give their name, and come back at the roll call times appointed by the people running the list.

On the day of the show, Bruce security Graham Quinn comes out at around 12 noon. He tells venue security that the fans have a list, and that the list will be followed.

At 3pm everyone lines up, in list order, in blocks of 50 or 75 or 100 or something.

Soon after, Graham and venue security come down and check each person's number on their hand to make sure they are in order.

Soon after, Graham and venue security come down and give out pit wristbands while you are in line, before your ticket is scanned. These wristbands gaurantee access to the (back of) the pit. If you want, you can leave the venue when you get your wristband and return to the venue at showtime.

When doors open, the first line of 50 or 75 or 100 or whatever are WALKED into the stadium through ONE gate. Walked. It is made clear to everyone that if anyone runs they will be thrown out. Then the second line of 50 or 75 or 100 or whatever are WALKED into the stadium through ONE gate. Etc, etc, etc. So on and so forth.

If you arrive too late you will not get a number, but you can still be early enough to get into the pit if you get in line and stay there. The pit will be maybe 3000 people large, but it is unlikely that there will be any more than 1000 numbers given out. If you arrive after the 1000th number is given, you must get in line and wait until you enter the venue. Only people with numbers benefit from the roll call system, and only people with numbers can get their wristband OUTSIDE the stadium BEFORE their ticket is scanned.

After everyone with a number is inside, the 'secondary line' of people without numbers is let in through all the GA gates. Though it is unlikely to be dangerous at this point because there are already 1000 fecking people inside, so the very front is impossible to run to anyway.

If you are one of these people in the 'secondary line' without a number you still have a chance to be in the pit. You will not have a wristband, but once you are inside the venue walk towards the pit entry gates anyway. Make sure you show the staff that you do not have a pit wristband, and they will let you in if the pit is not up to capacity. They have little clicker things to keep track of how many people are going into the pit without a wristband. Say, for example, the pit is 3000 people large, and 1000 people get pit wristbands outside the venue. That leaves 2000 more people who get into the pit by simply walking into it. Let's say there are 4 pit entry gates (2 on each side of the stage), the staff member at each pit entry gate will click up to 500 people entering without a wristband. When each is finished, the pit is decided to be 'full', and then only people WITH wristbands are allowed into the pit.

Once you are in the pit, you can get a wristband at any time whenever you EXIT the pit to go to the toilet or to get a drink, etc. Make sure you get a wristband from the staff as you exit, if you get out without a wristband they will not let you back in again if it is late and the pit is 'full'!
[/quote]
Thanks-this is great. Will it be the same for dublin? Do you know?
So if I rock up at 10, about what number would you expect me to get? And if I stay in the queue after getting a number while others go off with their numbers (even if they are lower than mine) will I be closer to the front?

Cheers,
Wacko
[quote name='wackojacko' timestamp='1340136759' post='2145197']
So if I rock up at 10, about what number would you expect me to get?
[/quote]
Many factors could effect early turnout but I reckon somewhere between 250 and 400.

[quote name='wackojacko' timestamp='1340136759' post='2145197']
And if I stay in the queue after getting a number while others go off with their numbers (even if they are lower than mine) will I be closer to the front?
[/quote]
If they don't come back for doors opening you will be. else no.
[quote name='HelloNewman' timestamp='1340140403' post='2145265']

Many factors could effect early turnout but I reckon somewhere between 250 and 400.
[/quote]

I think 250 and 400 is too high for 10am on a Friday morning in Manchester. Especially with a gig the previous day.

Last tour you could get bands in the late afternoon.
I'm so excited! I'm totally going to try for the pit in Manchester - it'll be my first time! I've always gone for seats before, because I'm short and not very experienced with big concerts, but the pit looked so awesome last time I went, and I want to at least try it. I know I'd regret it if I didn't. Scary though, especially on my own, aaargh! But I'm currently more excited than nervous. :D

My colleagues have been teasing me about it (I suppose I don't look the type to be in a pit at a Springsteen concert or something) that I'm going to get trampled or covered in unmentionables... but I don't care.
I am at the Etihad now. Two GA entrances it seems N and L entrance.. I presume like Glasgow, the security team will honour the wristband line by opening that gates first. Else chaos.

As I said in a previous thread though. This is gonna be a bloody awful place to queue in bad weather. Not one single place to shelter.
[quote name='HelloNewman' timestamp='1340220324' post='2145656']
I am at the Etihad now. Two GA entrances it seems N and L entrance.. I presume like Glasgow, the security team will honour the wristband line by opening that gates first. Else chaos.

As I said in a previous thread though. This is gonna be a bloody awful place to queue in bad weather. Not one single place to shelter.
[/quote]

I don't mind a bit of rain! With any luck it'll push me further up the queue if some people can't face queuing in the rain.
[quote name='HelloNewman' timestamp='1340220324' post='2145656']

[/quote]

Why on earth are you there now?
I was at the Etihad 2 weeks ago for Coldplay (who were amazing) There were lots of GA entrances which worried me a bit for this Friday. if 2000 people are going to get into the pit without wristbands then I think there might be a real gamble as to which queue to join. We got there about 4. There were 2 quite long GA queues but we walked round the stadium and passed lots of smaller queues. Joined one of several at the back and were about 20 people from the front. Presume they opened all the gates simultaneously but no way of knowing. We ended up about 8 rows back.

I m terrified of joining the wrong queue which I did once before.

I just happened to be in town so I took a quick drive over there.
L1 is the gate you need.
Security seem very helpful and they have stated that L1 is the gate that will be walked in to the pit.
[url="http://english.al-akhbar.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/5cols/leading_images/Saudi_Suicide_pic_1.jpg"]http://english.al-akhbar.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/5cols/leading_images/Saudi_Suicide_pic_1.jpg[/url]

[img]http://english.al-akhbar.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/5cols/leading_images/Saudi_Suicide_pic_1.jpg[/img]
live pic of man city ga line
[quote name='HelloNewman' timestamp='1340234199' post='2145737']
I just happened to be in town so I took a quick drive over there.
L1 is the gate you need.
Security seem very helpful and they have stated that L1 is the gate that will be walked in to the pit.
[/quote]

Where you at Pearl Jam?
My worry is that if you are not in the first 1000 (and I don't know if I will be as cant get there before 2) then it becomes a lottery, as details above suggest remaining 2000 spots will be split across all GA gates and there are many! Far more than at other shows I have been to.

So if I get there and discover we are already past 1000 the dilemma is to join that queues and maybe be number 1400 or join one of the many shorter queues at the back and maybe be number 20 in that queue. Logic to me suggest the latter but not sure!

Archived