KleWdSide

What's the last film you sat & watched?

We need to talk about Kevin.

I watched it tonight. Absolutely stunning.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a really good film.

Savages - One of Oliver Stone's better films to come out lately but still contains his trademark excess. Worth the watch.

Prometheus - Really enjoyed it.

Took P14 to The Amazing Spiderman Friday night.

great flick.

Moonrise Kingdom was amazing and I am not even a Wes Anderson fan.

Tonight I introduced my daughters to Hi-Fidelity. Great film, but I can't help wishing it had been made in the UK with British actors, staying faithful to Hornby's book. Cusak doesn't sit right with me for the lead - but a great storyline and soundtrack.

Scream 4. Certainly nothing special but it's probably the best sequel.

Tonight I introduced my daughters to Hi-Fidelity. Great film, but I can't help wishing it had been made in the UK with British actors, staying faithful to Hornby's book. Cusak doesn't sit right with me for the lead - but a great storyline and soundtrack.

I've avaoided that film cos I just could never see the book translating to a USA setting.

I watched the first American Pie the other day - still funny as f**k :lol:

Last night I introduced my girls to The Blues Brothers ( the original - I refuse to watch BB2000). We giggled our way through it.

I'm surprised there's not a topic like this. Anyway... Moonrise Kingdom.

Is it any good? I've been hearing good things about it...

A couple of nights ago I watched A Dangerous Method and Restless.

A Dangerous Method was good. Keira Knightley has a decent performance (altought I couldn't help thinking that Natalie Portman would have done a better job), and Michael Fassbender is outstanding. The only really bad thing about it was Viggo Mortensen as Sigmund Freud. Terrible acting...

Restless was also good. Altough the storyline is not very original and the kid (Henry Hopper) is not that good an actor, Mia Wasikowska is absolutely brilliant as she was in Alice in Wonderland (and otherwise bad movie) and In Treatment, a very nice TV series.

I'm surprised there's not a topic like this. Anyway... Moonrise Kingdom.

Is it any good? I've been hearing good things about it...

Yes, I loved it. Beautifully done. You don't have to be fond of Wes Anderson to enjoy it. But if you do happen to like him & adore films like "Rushmore" or "The Royal Tenenbaums," then it's pretty obvious on what you'll think :)

It's probably his best film yet.

Went to see 'ted' tonight. Dirty, very politically incorrect and very funny! Lots of laughs with this one. Here is 'The Thunder Song' from the movie. :lol:

*NSFW*

[media=]

u71v.jpg

I've avaoided that film cos I just could never see the book translating to a USA setting.

I adore High Fidelity... in truth I like the movie a whole lot better than the book. It helps that for me, almost everything John Cusack touches turns to gold. I love the music, I love his world-weary, repressed portrayal and his two sidekicks.... I loooove Lisa Bonet in it! Such a great film.

The Painted Veil.

It was a bore & you didn't give a damn about the characters. Not much depth.

Finally got around to watching 'The Fighter' - excellent movie.Christian Bale was fantastic and deserved the Oscar he received for the role.

Tonight I watched Source Code. A really interesting idea executed very well. It had me guessing right until the end. The saccharin sweet Hollywood ending seemed to be a bit rushed though, I could have done without that.

I watched Annie Hall the other day. I'd seen it before, many times, but not for a long time. I always liked it, but for whatever reason, I was entirely spellbound this time. Allen is a master, both as director and actor.