Greasy Lake Community

What's the last film you sat & watched?

On 11/3/2018 at 8:19 AM, took me long enough said:

I couldn't even count how many times I've seen this.  In my top three movies, I think. 

It's one of those films, as you are channel surfing and it's on, you just stay there no matter where in the movie it is. Tombstone is another. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Excellent!!!!

Did you see there is a new movie coming out about Garry Hart? When i watched this movie i thought of Garry Hart for some reason.  

A political sex scandal against a Democratic Presidential candidate.  Makes for a good movie. ;)

• Like 1

E1EE63A1-A613-47C6-BABA-0FC4ACC458C4.jpeg.7ce58e0a38b2f21fda5eb105583ca767.jpeg

Really good film. I didn't know that much about Peterloo (obviously wasn't taught in my girls' grammar school!) so I learnt a lot.

What struck me was how the working class thought that if they got the vote, everything would be hunky dory. Still, at least we don't hang people for stealing a coat or send people to Australia for nicking a couple of bottles of claret any more.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:37 PM, Ann Jones said:

E1EE63A1-A613-47C6-BABA-0FC4ACC458C4.jpeg.7ce58e0a38b2f21fda5eb105583ca767.jpeg

Really good film. I didn't know that much about Peterloo (obviously wasn't taught in my girls' grammar school!) so I learnt a lot.

What struck me was how the working class thought that if they got the vote, everything would be hunky dory. Still, at least we don't hang people for stealing a coat or send people to Australia for nicking a couple of bottles of claret any more.

yes but we persecute and threaten people who don't wear a poppy !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THUE said:

A film called Love, Simon. High school kid who is gay and trying to cope with coming out. Sort of a John Hughes film present day.

It was a good film , some funny parts and some legit tear jerker moments. 

I haven't watched the film but the book it's based on is quite good. 

The Hurt Locker yesterday......loved it. For me better than the likes of Jarhead, American Sniper, Black Hawk Down, Full Metal Jacket etc. Really tense stuff, every scene, especially the ambush in the desert and the final scene with the Iraqi in the main square. Great film.

Then today, Midnight Express, still my favourite ever movie......incredible.