Greasy Lake Community

What's the last film you sat & watched?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised there's not a topic like this. Anyway... Moonrise Kingdom.

Finally saw Three Billboards this weekend. Excellent flick!   I have never seen Frances McDormand be any less than outstanding, in any role she assumes.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Thanks for checking it out! 

The score is immense for sure. It's the sound of impending doom.

Brexiteer a goer then!!!

• Haha 1

im watching born on the  first of July

ive read the book because of Bruce but i never saw the movie becsuse now as  i dont like Tom Cruise 

16 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

In my top 5 all time.

Carpenter was gold back then. Halloween, Precinct 13, The Fog and this are incredible films.

I could watch The Thing endlessly. 

I've never seen Precinct 13 and The Fog, but I'll have to add them to my watchlist. The last Carpenter film I watched after The Thing was Big Trouble in Little China, which I'd never seen before and loved for its full on wackiness. 

Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I've never seen Precinct 13 and The Fog, but I'll have to add them to my watchlist. The last Carpenter film I watched after The Thing was Big Trouble in Little China, which I'd never seen before and loved for its full on wackiness. 

Love that movie. It’s just a lot of fun.

Obviously Escape From New York should be on that Carpenter list of classics too.

The Fog is a good watch. Very atmospheric. Precinct 13 is a brilliant. Don’t bother with the remake though. 

You seen the new Halloween yet?

6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Love that movie. It’s just a lot of fun.

Obviously Escape From New York should be on that Carpenter list of classics too.

The Fog is a good watch. Very atmospheric. Precinct 13 is a brilliant. Don’t bother with the remake though. 

You seen the new Halloween yet?

People flying through the air doing kung fu poses is what it's all about! 

I had Escape from LA on my list, and then I found out it's the sequel. Netflix needs to hurry up and add New York

Hopefully The Fog (really want to watch this now :lol:) and Precinct 13 are on Sky on-Demand or something. 

Nah I haven't seen it yet, any good? I'll probably watch it at some point, but the trailers did seem to suggest it doesn't have the same aura as the 1978 one (as if that could ever be replicated mind) and instead of going to see it I watched the original again a few times and then decided to watch and review a load of horrors for Halloween season hahaha. 

4 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

People flying through the air doing kung fu poses is what it's all about! 

I had Escape from LA on my list, and then I found out it's the sequel. Netflix needs to hurry up and add New York

Hopefully The Fog (really want to watch this now :lol:) and Precinct 13 are on Sky on-Demand or something. 

Nah I haven't seen it yet, any good? I'll probably watch it at some point, but the trailers did seem to suggest it doesn't have the same aura as the 1978 one (as if that could ever be replicated mind) and instead of going to see it I watched the original again a few times and then decided to watch and review a load of horrors for Halloween season hahaha. 

Cool. I’ll take a read of those reviews!

Really enjoyed it. Average start but picks up second half. Nothing is ever going to top the original. Greatest horror ever made. Probably got a copy of The Fog on dvd. PM your address and I’ll send you it if you want. 

14 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Cool. I’ll take a read of those reviews!

Really enjoyed it. Average start but picks up second half. Nothing is ever going to top the original. Greatest horror ever made. Probably got a copy of The Fog on dvd. PM your address and I’ll send you it if you want. 

Hopefully they're worth your time.

Good to read it'll be worth watching when I eventually get around to it. I've said this before but it's between that and Texas Chain Saw Massacre for me as far as the greatest goes. It's a nice dilemma to have. 

I'll have a look to see if it's on Sky or anything and if not I'll get back to ya, cheers!

Hopefully they're worth your time.

Good to read it'll be worth watching when I eventually get around to it. I've said this before but it's between that and Texas Chain Saw Massacre for me as far as the greatest goes. It's a nice dilemma to have. 

I'll have a look to see if it's on Sky or anything and if not I'll get back to ya, cheers!

Yeah, Texas is class. Grim but great. They are two horror heavyweights without doubt. 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the batshit insane sequel as well. 

Bill Moseley is great as Chop Top, "you hit my plate! My brain's on fire!"

Ah. Bill Moseley. 

You’d love House Of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects then.

• Like 1