KleWdSide

What's the last film you sat & watched?

Recommended Posts

Excellent.

th?id=OIP.d4Jq8lQzDKzS6kByTxhIzwHaLH&pid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i watched step mom on tv tonight

Susan Sandranum (excuse spelling) and Julia Roberts 

i think i saw it the first time either when my dad was sick or after he had died

i thought the passing of time would make the movie less brutal

it did not

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw this for the first time in years:

R-7795135-1448920394-5288.jpeg.jpg

I actually hadn't kept my original copy of this, found it too depressing/painful and gave it to my best friend, only to buy this again for under $7 plus shipping after Roky's death (seller had a ton, and wound up raising the price considerably).

Watched it now, and while the movie is extremely depressing, it ends on a better note then most of the movie,

but the DVD bonus features are really great, including performances by Roky, and his 2005 return to the Austin City Limits Festival doing Cold Night For Alligators, and also most important the POSTSCRIPT from 2007 which I wish was part of the movie as it certainly showed things for Roky coming out on a MUCH happier note.

I wish he was still alive, that really hit me more than any musician's death of recent when it was announced he died...

I wish I had seen him, but, I didn't, and that's that.

"He's AWESOME. I think he's a motherfucking GENIUS!" - Lucinda Williams, in the Austin City Limits Festival Documentary of 2005 on here.

AMEN. He sure was.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 7:01 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

i watched step mom on tv tonight

Susan Sandranum (excuse spelling) and Julia Roberts 

i think i saw it the first time either when my dad was sick or after he had died

i thought the passing of time would make the movie less brutal

it did not

 

I saw that when it came out.  I can't watch it now.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 11:29 PM, soulcrusader78 said:

Just saw this for the first time in years:

R-7795135-1448920394-5288.jpeg.jpg

I actually hadn't kept my original copy of this, found it too depressing/painful and gave it to my best friend, only to buy this again for under $7 plus shipping after Roky's death (seller had a ton, and wound up raising the price considerably).

Watched it now, and while the movie is extremely depressing, it ends on a better note then most of the movie,

but the DVD bonus features are really great, including performances by Roky, and his 2005 return to the Austin City Limits Festival doing Cold Night For Alligators, and also most important the POSTSCRIPT from 2007 which I wish was part of the movie as it certainly showed things for Roky coming out on a MUCH happier note.

I wish he was still alive, that really hit me more than any musician's death of recent when it was announced he died...

I wish I had seen him, but, I didn't, and that's that.

"He's AWESOME. I think he's a motherfucking GENIUS!" - Lucinda Williams, in the Austin City Limits Festival Documentary of 2005 on here.

AMEN. He sure was.

Happy birthday in heaven, Roky.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viceroy house

Edwina was played by Danna Skully from the x files - i keep forgetting she is English

a very sympathetic portrayal of Uncle Dickie

 

 

 

Viceroy's_House_(film).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this last night

I've seen it so much over the years I have some parts of dialogue memorized. I love it.

MV5BNWY0MzQ1MDUtYWMzYy00MDUzLTg2ZjItMzI5

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0888574751210_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

My 26th Hitchcock film I've seen, this one via Prime HD rental.

I was finding it good until the completely horrible ending. I can't believe Hitchcock thought that a good one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MV5BMTUzOTQ2NzEyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTQy

 

Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers (GO FLYING SAUCERS! DESTROY!)

From 1956. Great film, best seen in original black and white.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as it is 50 years since man walked on the moon did anyone see Apollo 11 recently? I saw it at the cinema a couple of weeks ago and really found it astonishing. The clarity of the archive footage was stunning and it all perfectly crystalises humanity's greatest achievement. In particular, the lift off scene really blew me away (no pun intended). All that noise and fire - it was beautiful! I was really transfixed by the camera tracking this beautiful and graceful rocket way into the heavens. It's hard to believe that human minds would calculate, engineer and construct such awesome force for such great means. It's just a real shame that generations have come into this world since and not witnessed anything quite as magnificent. We could all benefit from experiencing a bit of wonder and awe in witnessing a matching/surpassing feat. Hopefully one day, sooner rather than later.

Nothing better reminds you of how amazing human beings can be and the incredible things that can happen when great minds get together united in one aspiration. And how sad is it that Neil Armstrong isn't with us today to celebrate this anniversary? Those words he uttered and that name - it's the epitome of iconic. His is probably the first name any kid will learn of in history at school, I know it was for me. So for many he's not just the first man on the moon but also the first man of history. May he rest in peace.

Overall - what a film! Definitely up there in my favourite ever documentary films.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

61BvFrMNaJL._SL1045_.jpg

From 1942. Starring Alan Ladd in the main role as Philip Raven.

Saw this on On Demand in SD now; it was recommended as one of the best film noir movies in a list in a review

by someone on Amazon who liked Out Of The Past very much (though not as a favorite) and listed 11 movies, of which I'd seen 5, owning 4 of them.

This was one of the other six. I just found it fair; it passed a little time.

(I wouldn't recommend it just for the title!)

I figure on maybe watching it again some other time; this just made me sleepier.

I liked Alan Ladd in Shane, and Veronica Lake in I Married A Witch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MV5BOTM0Y2YyMDAtMDI3Ni00NjY4LWJiYzYtMzUx

An absolute fucking masterpiece.

I'd never even heard of til this past day now.

I wish the end was different (as in it ending about 5 or 6 minutes sooner), but....it works. And how it does. A brilliant movie, and an absolutely incredible performance by Edward G. Robinson.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

MV5BOTM0Y2YyMDAtMDI3Ni00NjY4LWJiYzYtMzUx

An absolute fucking masterpiece.

I'd never even heard of til this past day now.

I wish the end was different (as in it ending about 5 or 6 minutes sooner), but....it works. And how it does. A brilliant movie, and an absolutely incredible performance by Edward G. Robinson.

where do you find all these?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

where do you find all these?

 

well all kinds of ways.

This time from reading a review of This Gun For Hire (as I mention above) and so I thought I'd check it out.

I just was reading some reviews on IMDB now,

and I have to agree when one person wrote: " I'm a big fan of horror films and have seen many; but many of those fail to be as chilling as the ending of Scarlet Street."

I have to agree. The ending was appropriate, and I realized this shortly afterward. Also " The atmosphere that Lang creates is incredible, and it ranks one of the most powerful psychological mind games that I've ever witnessed on screen." (I give no spoilers here, just saying this is a bumpy ride, but then it's noir. I since found out this is based on an older French movie called La Chienne. I'll check that out sometime though I don't watch many foreign films.)

I look for lists, DJ; I look to see what people recommend as best movies of a genre sometimes, and often I wind up disagreeing, only after seeing the movie (and usually paying for that rental). This little list I stumbled on by accident. But I see plenty of movies I don't like; when one hits home emotionally, like this, it's a major score for me, and something quite rare. (I only wish the Blu-ray had subtitles; there are some movies I have totally memorized and wouldn't need them, but this is still quite new to me. I miss my old closed captions of DVDs with HDTV bypassing them).

But anyway, as subjective as lists are, and how I may wind up disagreeing, I look for them sometimes; or recommendations of similar movies, etc. This came from wondering if Out Of The Past might be better than I found it, and a positive (but not glowing) review of it led me to other titles by the reviewer.

Edit: a couple reviewers on IMDB called this one of the best/the best performance Edward G. Robinson gave, with incredible range.

I'm wondering what three states this was banned in here...

Note: despite my looking at lists of people's favorites sometimes, or recommendations for films, I know myself often that the most acclaimed movies are often ones I myself don't like! It's all subjective and I can never know until I've seen it...Many widely, highly acclaimed movies I don't like or even hate. Not all people of course have the same taste, which seems often strangely presumed. (Some people can't understand if you don't like the ones in the biggest lists of "best movies ever" etc.)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 10:56 PM, soulcrusader78 said:

Saw this last night

I've seen it so much over the years I have some parts of dialogue memorized. I love it.

MV5BNWY0MzQ1MDUtYWMzYy00MDUzLTg2ZjItMzI5

Burton & Depp's high point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MV5BZGZjZmQ4YWEtMTRlMS00YWZhLWJjY2QtMWZm


The Big Steal - wow I didn't realize til now I just saw two movies both from 1949 in a row....anyway this was a fun movie, very very good,

I rented it On Demand in SD, my fifth Robert Mitchum movie and I'm liking him more and more,

and my second only with the beautiful Jane Greer, who I'm surprised wasn't a bigger star than she was.

A very good movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im watching tango.and cash

Sly and Kurt Russel 

pretty sweet eye candy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 8:33 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

Image result for first man

Please tell me you didn't enjoy this! What a horrible boring film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.