KleWdSide

What's the last film you sat & watched?

Wow, what a great movie. Wife and I watched last night. About half way though we looked at each other and said, should we be laughing at some of these parts, because they are so damn sad and depressing. 

Image result for 3 billboards outside ebbing missouri

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Saw Zombieland 2 Double Tap with youngest yesterday.

Great film, well paced, funny and gruesome enough.  Woody Harrelson is brilliant.

Recommended. 

On 10/31/2019 at 7:48 AM, Jimmy James said:

Wow, what a great movie. Wife and I watched last night. About half way though we looked at each other and said, should we be laughing at some of these parts, because they are so damn sad and depressing. 

Image result for 3 billboards outside ebbing missouri

This is a great film. You hadn't seen it before?

I watched this last night. I'd never seen it. Reese Witherspoon's first film, and did she hit it out of the park. 14 and pretty much carries the film although I thought everyone was good. This was also Robert Mulligan's last film, he also directed To Kill a Mockingbird. Highly recommend.

220px-Man_in_the_moonposter.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Troublette said:

This is a great film. You hadn't seen it before?

No, not until the other night, we had a free weekend of HBO, and it was on so I recorded it. It is a great film. It seemed that when one bad event happened and someone tried to fix it two more bad things because of that "fix" . 

• Like 1

The lass from No.2 brought over her copy of Rocket Man. I enjoyed it and we trilled away merrily.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 8:30 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

The new film from Ken Loach, just out yesterday, once again a super movie.

sorry we missed you.jpg

Seeing this on Tuesday - by all accounts it is excellent. 

I hope our politicians find time to pop into their local cinemas whilst they are on the campaign trail.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Seeing this on Tuesday - by all accounts it is excellent. 

I hope our politicians find time to pop into their local cinemas whilst they are on the campaign trail.

Yes, should me made compulsory for all election candidates to view this, will not comment more as I do not want to spoil your viewing.

• Like 1

The King

I didn't think it was very good.  Not sure what they were trying to do - it's not Shakespeare and the dialogue wobbled between several styles. 
Not historical either - massive liberties taken.  Too long and relentlessly gloomy.

The only bit I enjoyed was Robert Pattinson as the Dauphin.  He seemed to have strayed in from Monty Python and the Holy Grail and I kept expecting him to mention hamsters or elderberries.  I'm not sure if he was meant to be funny though. :unsure:

I watched this with friends last night for ladies night. I think I laugh at this more each time I see it. And total props to Alec Baldwin for doing a couple of the scenes with his then body. Also, he has a really big head. It's noticable when he's in scenes with Meryl Streep. Anyway, I really like this film.

MV5BMjQ0NjM2NTI4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ2MDc5Mg@@._V1_.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

Truthful, disturbing and sad.

Image result for american son

I watched this today.  Took me ages to warm to the parents and I thought there were too many 'speeches' and people talking over each other. I didn't expect the ending, I must admit.

I think this would have come across better as a play instead of a film.

5 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

I watched this today.  Took me ages to warm to the parents and I thought there were too many 'speeches' and people talking over each other. I didn't expect the ending, I must admit.

I think this would have come across better as a play instead of a film.

Actually, it's based on a play with the same actors.  I thought it seemed like a play while watching it and I read afterwards that it was.

https://www.theatermania.com/broadway/reviews/american-son_86939.html

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Actually, it's based on a play with the same actors.  I thought it seemed like a play while watching it and I read afterwards that it was.

https://www.theatermania.com/broadway/reviews/american-son_86939.html

Thanks for the review. Exactly my thoughts.

• Like 1

Fantastic film, hard to make a movie interesting when you know the outcome. But wonderfully made.

p16843110_v_v8_aa.jpg

On 11/2/2019 at 7:15 AM, Troublette said:

I watched this last night. I'd never seen it. Reese Witherspoon's first film, and did she hit it out of the park. 14 and pretty much carries the film although I thought everyone was good. This was also Robert Mulligan's last film, he also directed To Kill a Mockingbird. Highly recommend.

sorry 

excuse me

i made a boo boo

9cc850ec5859dbac98750adecd89b334.jpg

i watched a dreadful movie last night

Old boy 2013 (as opposed to the original Jappanese or Korean one ???)

i almost turned it off a couple of times

i didn't see the really awful twist coming

i surpose i should have

the entire thing was just horrible 

downloadfile-250.jpg

I remember watching this when it was on tv when I was a kid. I couldn’t, off the top of my head, recall any of the songs, and didn’t look it up so I would be surprised. 

I am sad to sad say that there was only one good song, Getting to Know You. I still thought that Deborah Kerr was beautiful, though.

D6E4A3D2-2A50-4D36-B2E3-656ACC19CCC8.jpeg