KleWdSide

What's the last film you sat & watched?

On 11/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, whispered secret said:

Seeing this on Tuesday - by all accounts it is excellent. 

I hope our politicians find time to pop into their local cinemas whilst they are on the campaign trail.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:30 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

The new film from Ken Loach, just out yesterday, once again a super movie.

sorry we missed you.jpg

Finally got to see this. What an indictment of our society, a truly bleak story offering no hope, but really well done.

I would say Charles Dickens for our current times except most Dickens' stories had happier endings. I certainly looked at the young man delivering parcels in our street differently as I watched him running up to the front doors in yesterday's dreadful weather.

On 11/15/2019 at 6:35 AM, whispered secret said:

Finally got to see this. What an indictment of our society, a truly bleak story offering no hope, but really well done.

I would say Charles Dickens for our current times except most Dickens' stories had happier endings. I certainly looked at the young man delivering parcels in our street differently as I watched him running up to the front doors in yesterday's dreadful weather.

Have known for a while the horrendous terms and conditions these people "work" under so that part was not a great surprise to me, but as you say getting the whole message across was once again very well done and everyone should watch this and learn what the reality of life is for many nowadays very emotional in parts. I thought I, Daniel Blake was the better of the two films (probably the best film I have seen in the last 10 years), but this also hit the spot.

7 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Have known for a while the horrendous terms and conditions these people "work" under so that part was not a great surprise to me, but as you say getting the whole message across was once again very well done and everyone should watch this and learn what the reality of life is for many nowadays very emotional in parts. I thought I, Daniel Blake was the better of the two films (probably the best film I have seen in the last 10 years), but this also hit the spot.

I was very aware of the dreadful conditions for care workers and their clients, this being the area I worked in. 

I think pretty much anyone who works in this so called 'gig' economy is on a hiding to nothing. Agree that Daniel Blake was the better film,  but they are both essential viewing.

• Like 1

Even though I love Milo, I've been putting off watching this because I knew it was going to be sad.  Very good movie and very well done, but oh my.  :(

Image result for the art of racing in the rain dvd

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 1:35 AM, whispered secret said:

In a similar vein to Sorry We Missed You:  "Parasite" from S. Korea, a story of an underemployed/unemployed family who weasel their way into the employ of a much much wealthier family.  Then things turn...dark.  This film really deserves all the accolades it is getting.

90885886-862e-4aed-b433-3404a02459ae.jpe

The Irishman - absolutely brilliant. Acting of the highest order and the three and a half hours didn't drag at all. I am so pleased I was able to see it at the cinema, although I am sure it will be really enjoyable wherever it is watched.

• Like 3

a movie on netflex 

playing for time

pretty horrific 

MV5BMTM0MTg4NDQzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQwNzI2Mw@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Three best actor of the year awards should be given here, and three supporting actor of the year awards also. But 3.2 hours, don't watch this in your comfy chair at home on Netflix. 

Image result for the irishman

I saw the Blu-ray of Wild River last night, just got it....two nights ago it was the HD rental...

wanted to pass along what a masterpiece it is if it's the last thing I do...

which I hope it ain't...

MV5BMTQwOTIwNDU5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTE0

Very well-acted movie with Susan Hayward as Lillian Roth and her battle with alcoholism.

Her acting is excellent, Jo Van Fleet (who I didn't realize I was seeing again - having watched Wild River for the second time last night - only other movies I've seen her in that I know of is East of Eden and Cool Hand Luke), she plays her mother, being a whole 2 years older in real life than Susan, but it works. She was that great.

This was okay. Maybe better than that; there are some great moments in the dialogue. I don't understand an alcoholic's life. A few days ago I saw Days Of Wine and Roses for the first time - I really liked that movie.

This was good but if one watches it don't expect a feel-good movie by any means. A well-acted dark drama. Susan Hayward was a really great actress, from what I've seen of her. And she did her own singing in this, for what it's worth.

Never watched this before. Wow! I can't believe I missed it when it was released. Now I'm trying to wind down enough to sleep.

MV5BYmFmOGZjYTItYjY1ZS00OWRiLTk0NDgtMjQ5MzBkYWE2YWE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_SX178_AL_.jpg

• Like 1