KleWdSide

What's the last film you sat & watched?

Hello, just discovered this part of GL forums... Didn't know there was more besides the circuit :P

Anyways, I just watched 1917.

MAGNIFICENT.

GO SEE IT NOW!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wout said:

Hello, just discovered this part of GL forums... Didn't know there was more besides the circuit :P

MAGNIFICENT.

GO SEE IT NOW!

Hello, Wout. I think there are quite a few Lakers who don't know about these other forums - please spread the word!

• Like 3

Watch this the other night on Prime Video. Great action flick not so much on the acting. @AMIW, you now why it's total fiction? The whole movie takes place while West Ham is playing Dynamo Moscow in the Europa league semi's! :lol:

image.png

9 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

25398E39-6D3E-49EB-A661-9D12833ED82F.jpeg

Absolute nailed-on, copper-bottom, bona fide, 100% classic.

Makes Citizen Kane look like a Michael Bay trash-fest.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 11:39 PM, Wout said:

MAGNIFICENT.

GO SEE IT NOW!

Glad you made it finally 

May i degrees and promote my croc and gattor thread :lol:

https://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/133645-the-alligator-and-croc-thread/

vegan-plant-based-news-california-alligator-skins-livekindly-Cropped-1.jpg

I've seen this story 100 times, to me nothing special to be winning awards.

MV5BOTdmNTFjNDEtNzg0My00ZjkxLTg1ZDAtZTdkMDc2ZmFiNWQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAzNzgwNTg@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,631,1000_AL_.jpg

Going to see this one today.

Just-Mercy.jpg?resize=1392,696&ssl=1

Edit:  Highly recommend this one, it's a sobering look at death row.

• Like 1

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

I eventually got round to watching the video and I thoroughly enjoyed it - laughed out loud several times … a few tears, too. I'm not convinced I haven't seen it before on the telly but couldn't remember it. Great stuff!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKeC9cqYEk6vpCl_aRsgF

Ended up dark in places but a helluva watch.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 6:29 PM, THUE said:

Just watched Joker. Wow.

Wow? did you like it? or Wow, it was horribly depressing? 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Wow? did you like it? or Wow, it was horribly depressing? 

Yes...lol

I thought the movie was an 8, his performance was a 10. I have seen and talked to a lot of people that did not like it and said he was completely over the top and did nothing special. I guess that's what movies do, they effect people in different ways. I found him mesmerizing and highly effecting. Definitely a ode towards Taxi Driver for sure. 

I thought the end dragged a bit and could have ended sooner or been wrapped up quicker. 

My wife watched it with me and preferred Health Ledgers Joker and she said when this movie ended, that she wasn't even sure if she liked it or not. Actually a legit review. It was one of those films that was not pleasant , had zero feel good characteristics. That's what great about films sometimes. That may have been the very thing they wanted you to walk away with. Its an uncertain experience. 

Knives Out - I thoroughly enjoyed this! A couple of 'Oh really?' bits but loved the house, had a few laughs … great stuff!

I may have sussed something/somebody early on but not 'totally'.  Go and see it - you'll enjoy it.

I'm so glad I decided to go cos I loved it!  The ending pleased me cos I had something else happening in my mind. My ending would probably have been worse and therefore better … but pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

CB192D08-2F2E-4768-92A3-2EF107C2F089.jpeg.093e112c541f31e543c942dfa62bafd8.jpeg

Really enjoyed this. Obviously, living over here, I had no prior knowledge of Mr Rogers, but I can't imagine anyone other than Tom Hanks in that role.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

CB192D08-2F2E-4768-92A3-2EF107C2F089.jpeg.093e112c541f31e543c942dfa62bafd8.jpeg

Really enjoyed this. Obviously, living over here, I had no prior knowledge of Mr Rogers, but I can't imagine anyone other than Tom Hanks in that role.

I knew who he was but I'm not sure I'll go and see it. It may well be shown at a future Over 60s screening (free coffee) so I'll hang on for that. :)

image.png.b9a82e137f22b7d67e1de0174bffa61f.png

Not the greatest, but good entertainment on a Friday night. 

On 2/3/2020 at 5:02 PM, Eileen said:

I knew who he was but I'm not sure I'll go and see it. It may well be shown at a future Over 60s screening (free coffee) so I'll hang on for that. :)

The cinema which had special silver screen shows (over 60, free coffee & biscuits and a film for £4.50) has closed down. At The Everyman (the only cinema we now have) silver screen tickets are £10 and you get a free cake! Not a great offer as far as I am concerned.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

The cinema which had special silver screen shows (over 60, free coffee & biscuits and a film for £4.50) has closed down. At The Everyman (the only cinema we now have) silver screen tickets are £10 and you get a free cake! Not a great offer as far as I am concerned.

£3.99 with coffee and biccies thrown in. Wish I'd realised sooner. This one's a Vue cinema and they do cheap tickets on a Monday, too.