KleWdSide

What's the last film you sat & watched?

We saw Emma on Monday, I really enjoyed it, Mr J didn't! I particularly liked the costumes - such gorgeous frocks!

Yesterday we saw Parasite - I enjoyed the first half, thought it was funny and different, but, without giving away any spoilers, I thought it deteriorated rapidly during the last hour. @Eileen did you see it? Interested to hear what you thought.

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

We saw Emma on Monday, I really enjoyed it, Mr J didn't! I particularly liked the costumes - such gorgeous frocks!

Yesterday we saw Parasite - I enjoyed the first half, thought it was funny and different, but, without giving away any spoilers, I thought it deteriorated rapidly during the last hour. @Eileen did you see it? Interested to hear what you thought.

I've seen better versions of Emma and soon tired of Miranda. Pleasant enough.

No, not yet - might be today. ;) Was going to go on Monday but we were in winter wonderland that day.

• Thanks 1

Really enjoyed this last night, good performances from everyone involved, found myself wondering what happened to everyone after the film was over, usually a sign that the acting was very effective, well worth a watch : -

bees.jpg

Felt like a real good action flick so watched my favourite Bond movie again... The cinematography in this really is magnificent.

skyfall.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 7:00 AM, whispered secret said:

@Eileen did you see it? Interested to hear what you thought.

Just been and I thought it was great! I thought there was a bit of an oversight at the end but it did nothing to lessen the 'enjoyment'. I watched a lot of the last bit through gaps between my fingers. :D

• Thanks 1

Jojo Rabbit. Don't know what genre that comes under but pleasant hour and a bit spent.

• Like 1

image.png.b00076a934b632b9aa88d80a9b733837.png

We watched this on Netflix last night.  Not a lot of 'action', but I thought Gary Oldman was excellent.

• Like 1

Finally watched The Wife - very enjoyable.

• Like 3

Saw Military Wives yesterday, enjoyable but very predictable - I even guessed which wife was the one to be widowed. I do think it portrayed some aspects of military life well though. I used to work with someone whose husband was in the army and I remember the ticking off of days until a tour was over.

Knives Out. A bit disappointing. Good cast, kind of flow.

7 hours ago, THUE said:

Knives Out. A bit disappointing. Good cast, kind of flow.

I really enjoyed it. Not great but a nice way to spend an hour or so. I knew that 'circle' had something to with it and guessed what had happened just before it happened. ;)

Wife and I just watched Fast times at Ridgemont high.  Wanted some mindless old school entertainment.  Great music, just a film that provides some good old memories. 

On 3/21/2020 at 9:29 PM, THUE said:

Wife and I just watched Fast times at Ridgemont high.  Wanted some mindless old school entertainment.  Great music, just a film that provides some good old memories. 

Bruce's little sister Pam is in that movie. You may already know that!

Watched Still Alice this week, fantastic performance from Julianne Moore, and I found out later that she won an Oscar , quite correctly, for her performance, the best film I have watched since our confinement.

still alice.jpg

• Like 1

Watched "The death of Stalin" last night. Very good, loved Buscemi as Kruchscev.

• Like 2

Watched this last night, leaving the politics aside, those are real brave and tough guys, well made film very worth watching.

benghazi.jpg

• Like 1

Watched this again last night. First saw it not long after it was released.

Very different movie now. Yes, its Hollywood. Its more dramatic and the time frame is significantly quicker than our current reality. But still, some of the similarities are uncanny.

contagion_key_art.jpeg

• Like 1

Watched this over the weekend.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrPyGjMgFJz6RC1f2IEQ2

What fucking sharn.

LA LA Land.

And I only (half) cried once … the Seine bit, and (fully) cried at the end. I'm improving!

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 2:15 AM, BrilliantDisguise said:

Coolness!

MV5BMTdkOTEwYjMtNDA1YS00YzVlLTg0NWUtMmQz

Re-read my favourite Spenser novel yesterday - Early Autumn. 

Enjoyed this film a few nights ago, apart from the girlfriend - she is so wrong! 

• Like 2