Greasy Lake Community

What's the last film you sat & watched?

I watched deep water horizon again last night

I seem to have always missed the begining 

Love is the wrong thing to say how i feel about this movie because 11 men died and the environmental coast was huge

And i wouldn't even say i enjoy watching it becsuse once that mud starts coming up and people are getting thrown around and then Mr Jimmy gets covered im glass i start looking for a hanky and by the end im a basket case

But if anyone hasn't seen it (shame it didn't do as well as it should have at the boc office) i thoughrly recomend it 

I read it came out the same year as Sully, which has a much happier ending

https://www.netflix.com/title/80104412?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

DVD-image-320.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised there's not a topic like this. Anyway... Moonrise Kingdom.

Finally saw Three Billboards this weekend. Excellent flick!   I have never seen Frances McDormand be any less than outstanding, in any role she assumes.

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I watched deep water horizon again last night

I seem to have always missed the begining 

Love is the wrong thing to say how i feel about this movie because 11 men died and the environmental coast was huge

And i wouldn't even say i enjoy watching it becsuse once that mud starts coming up and people are getting thrown around and then Mr Jimmy gets covered im glass i start looking for a hanky and by the end im a basket case

But if anyone hasn't seen it (shame it didn't do as well as it should have at the boc office) i thoughrly recomend it 

I read it came out the same year as Sully, which has a much happier ending

https://www.netflix.com/title/80104412?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

DVD-image-320.jpg

I agree, it's a very good movie Daisey.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I agree, it's a very good movie Daisey.

I saw it was on netflex and i put it on my list but i kept putting off watching it again because its just so tragic and doesn't have a happy ending but its so well made and tells an important story and its so rivetting, although some parts i have to look away

So im sniving and sniffing away by the end 

Then we get a new Bruce Springsteen single - but today deep water horizon is still fighting for my mind's attention

Its a seesaw of emotions

Ill give BP a hiss next time we drive past one of their service stations

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw the end of PS I love you and had looked at what the next film was about - deciding that it sounded daft ... didn't look at who was in it.

It came on and I noticed Bill Nighy was in it so watched it. And LOVED it! 

About Time.

I cried my eyes out and was crying long after it finished. Blinking heck ... how did I miss this one! I may even have to buy it ... and some extra hankies.

• Like 1

I saw Splendor In The Grass again. Natalie Wood, her then-boyfriend Warren Beatty as her boyfriend Bud in it. 1961 (she wanted him to be opposite her in West Side Story).
Anyway I used to love this movie, thought it incredible, but now it just depresses me.

Come to think of it, it's ALWAYS been a real heartbreaking movie; but maybe I just can't enjoy the story anymore, seen it too many damn times.

Fuck it.

• Hug 1

Roman Holiday on Blu-ray, for the second time (and the movie for the millionth time) (20th? 15th? who keeps track?)

42629_overview.jpg?t=1595254457

Beautiful quality, love this film always. Helped get a depressing movie out of my mind, change my mood.

I love Audrey Hepburn in it, she was something else. Glad Gregory Peck knew she would win the Academy Award and had to share billing above credits with him.

1953-ah-smiles-at-oscar.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1

One of my all-time favorite musicals, a music comedy - Li'l Abner!!!!!!!!!  :wub:

613WKM41JCL.jpg

Absolutely brilliant. From the set(s) and the dialogue and the songs - everything.

Unbelievable cast too. Phenomenal assemblage of talent.

19 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

GUEST_0013333e-46f5-4a35-8d9f-77e8b4e183

You know BD, you, I and Moma are on the same page as far as movies go. So we may watch this over our vacation this week. But first what did you think? 

On 10/1/2020 at 6:18 AM, Thunder Roadie said:

Michael still a badass! :D

Isn't the term "badass" meant for women? Or is it universal? I've only heard it used to refer to women, mostly in film. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

You know BD, you, I and Moma are on the same page as far as movies go. So we may watch this over our vacation this week. But first what did you think? 

I thought it was really good but don't yell at me if you don't like it. :P

53 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I thought it was really good but don't yell at me if you don't like it. :P

I'm sure it will be fine. Love Jamie Foxx don't know about MJ? 

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Isn't the term "badass" meant for women? Or is it universal? I've only heard it used to refer to women, mostly in film. 

Hey get with the times ! It’s gender neutral you know !  :D:D:D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm sure it will be fine. Love Jamie Foxx don't know about MJ? 

45 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Michael Jordan , excellent actor .... he was class in the wire ! 

Excellent in Just Mercy too.

• Like 1

Paint Your Wagon (1969).

BRILLIANT comedic musical starring Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood and Jean Seberg.

It goes over too many people's heads. Totally great film. A lot of fun, and one of my favorite musicals ever.

8214de17738e3475acf6ece010999c90.jpg

27462365_sa.jpg

Dark Victory (1939). Starring Bette Davis. Small roles by Humphrey Bogart (excellent) and Ronald Reagan (blecch!)

Excellent movie. My third time seeing it, first on Blu-ray; very good transfer, a bit too much grain at times but excellent depth.

I LOVE the ending.

If only I could......