Greasy Lake Community

What's the last film you sat & watched?

I watched Annie Hall the other day. I'd seen it before, many times, but not for a long time. I always liked it, but for whatever reason, I was entirely spellbound this time. Allen is a master, both as director and actor.

Have you seen 'Midnight In Paris' by Woody Allen? It was really very good.

225070282.jpg

• Like 1

Not seen it yet. I'm not up on Allen's latest stuff, but I think I'll watch this one. I was looking at it in the shop the other day. I was actually looking for Manhatan bit they didn't have it. That always was my favourite Allen film, although The Sleeper is my favourite of his pure comedies. (The Sleeper Awakes, the novel that is the inspiration for Rhe sleeper, by HG Wells is well worth reading by the way. I read it a few months back, and was really impressed).

Just got back from China...am pleased to say that I did not watch a single flick on the way home. Just read and slept a little. :)

On the way there, however, I watched a couple differ ones...and the one that surprised the schitt out of me was 21 Jump Street. Was actually funny as hell....but of course my standards are lowered when I am trapped in an aluminum tube for 15 hours. ;)

I watched Annie Hall the other day. I'd seen it before, many times, but not for a long time. I always liked it, but for whatever reason, I was entirely spellbound this time. Allen is a master, both as director and actor.

Have you seen 'Midnight In Paris' by Woody Allen? It was really very good.

225070282.jpg

I'm a Woody Allen fanatic, and I thought this was the best film he made since Bullets Over Broadway. There have been a lot of very good ones since then (Mighty Aphrodite, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, etc.), but this one is a killer.

The Bourne Legacy.

Fair to middling. With hindsight, I would have waited for the dvd.

Jeremy Renner is having himself a helluva summer. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, The Avengers and now Bourne Legacy.

Not too shabby....

The Bourne Legacy.

Fair to middling. With hindsight, I would have waited for the dvd.

Jeremy Renner is having himself a helluva summer. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, The Avengers and now Bourne Legacy.

Not too shabby....

Good actor, but I'd prefer him to stick with more serious roles like in The Hurt Locker, The Town and North Country.

The DW and I watched "The Artist" last night. It was PUTRID!!!!! We are SOOOOOOOO glad we didn't waste the money to see it in a theatre. It wasn't even worth the $1.50 from Red Box.

We watched that the other night as well, sj. As I sat and watched, all I could think was "THIS won for best picture?"

The logic escapes me, quite frankly. I thought Midnight in Paris, Moneyball, The Descendants, and The Help were all better films.

We watched that the other night as well, sj. As I sat and watched, all I could think was "THIS won for best picture?"

The logic escapes me, quite frankly. I thought Midnight in Paris, Moneyball, The Descendants, and The Help were all better films.

Hell, "Battlefield Earth" was better than "The Artist" and BE really sucked. :P

The DW and I watched "The Artist" last night. It was PUTRID!!!!! We are SOOOOOOOO glad we didn't waste the money to see it in a theatre. It wasn't even worth the $1.50 from Red Box.

I really liked The Artist -- a lot. Although I actually thought Midnight in Paris was a better film and should have won the Oscar.

Hee, hee... That made me laugh out loud...

Hee, hee... That made me laugh out loud...

I wish I could say the same about "The Artist". In fact, I wish it have given me any emotion other than a big WTF.

BTW, "The Help" was excellent!

What about "The Tree Of Life"? That film was robbed out of Best Cinematography.

And "The Tree Of Life," too?