KleWdSide

What's the last film you sat & watched?

Christine - the Stephen King adaptation. I absolutely love the book and knowing what high quality King adaptations are out there, had high hopes. But was rather disappointed!

• Like 1

Steve McQueen's movie from a couple years ago, 'Shame'. I dunno, it left me with a feeling of 'is that it?'. It wasn't as hard-hitting or groundbreaking as I was expecting. Nothing terrible happens to him because of his sex addiction. I expected to feel like it was ruining his life but I didn't. I didn't feel like what happened to his sister was because of him, but more because of her own demons.

Prisoners - I really enjoyed it, but I wasn't crazy about how they ended the movie.

Prisoners - I really enjoyed it, but I wasn't crazy about how they ended the movie.

You kidding me? I loved the ending

You kidding me? I loved the ending

I would like to have seen the storyline played out more. I would like to have actually seen Gyllenhall's character save Jackman's, and seen what happened to him. From an artistic standpoint, it was well done though. My opinion of course!

Nebraska - Great movie, but no Springsteen in the soundtrack. Bruce Dern is going to Lincoln, Nebraska too. But he didn't murder 10 people.

I managed to see all the Academy Award nominated films. I would have to go with 12 years a slave or American Hustle for the win

Just back from American Hustle. Very disappointed. More of a costume party than a movie really. Who's nephew is David O. Russell that his mediocre movies keep getting Oscar nominations.

• Like 1

Gravity...the effects and graphics were awesome..they out did the actual story. Sandra Bullock was very good.

• Like 1

Just back from American Hustle. Very disappointed. More of a costume party than a movie really. Who's nephew is David O. Russell that his mediocre movies keep getting Oscar nominations.

Silver Linings Playbook is a great film! Not a huge fan of the Fighter though. American Hustle I thought was somewhere between the two. His films always have great casts though. I love Christian Bale, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. Not seen anything he's done before his latest three movies.

Down The Shore, with James Gandolfini. Understated, but fantastic.

A History Of Violence. Great, intense movie. Love Viggo Mortensen's transformation from meek family man to killer.

Gravity...the effects and graphics were awesome..they out did the actual story. Sandra Bullock was very good.

Yup, just seen that film today, totally awesome.

Sandra Bullock spaced me right out, proppa nice star that she is. (did you see what i did there)

• Like 1

Watched Blood Diamond again for the first time in a few years. Still a superb movie and Leo does such a great job of playing a South African/Zimbabwean.

But for some reason we had the subtitles on which made it hilarious. In one scene Leo tried to bribe a border official with a diamond and tells him to "buy something lekker for the wife" 'Lekker' being the Afrikaans word for nice. The subtitles were "buy something lacquer for the wife" That must have caused some confusion overseas!

The Panic in Needle Park. One of those movies I've wanted to see, but never seem to find the time or be in the mood. Al Pacino's first major role, and an excellent film. A document of the early 70s drug scene on the Upper West Side. Loved it. Whatever happened to Kitty Winn (Al P's gf in the movie)? She was great. Looks like she mostly disappeared after a few early/mid 70s roles.