KleWdSide

What's the last film you sat & watched?

Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Yes, my first time watching it. :wub::wub:B)

Oh, Cat!

Oh, George Peppard!!

Tried watching it for the first time a few months ago. Thought it was awful. Stopped at the party scene - found it embarrassing.

P13's Watch List from my last trip to Asia:

Captain Phillips - outstanding. Hanks' acting in the final scenes was phenomenal.

Delivery Man - In a complete turn of roles, Vince Vaughn plays a narcissistic, immature man who refuses to grow up until confronted with life's realities. Oh, wait.....has he done that role before? ;) But not a bad flick.

Elysium - Dumb

Anchorman - Crap

The Counselor - gave up after 30 min. A film trying to take itself WAY too seriously.

The Heat - Formulaic, but funny and entertaining. Melissa McCarthy was great.

P13's Watch List from my last trip to Asia:

Captain Phillips - outstanding. Hanks' acting in the final scenes was phenomenal.

Delivery Man - In a complete turn of roles, Vince Vaughn plays a narcissistic, immature man who refuses to grow up until confronted with life's realities. Oh, wait.....has he done that role before? ;) But not a bad flick.

Elysium - Dumb

Anchorman - Crap

The Counselor - gave up after 30 min. A film trying to take itself WAY too seriously.

The Heat - Formulaic, but funny and entertaining. Melissa McCarthy was great.

Could not agree more on Capt Philips-excellent flick...the final scene with Hanks is as good as acting gets.

Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Yes, my first time watching it. :wub::wub:B)

Oh, Cat!

Oh, George Peppard!!

Tried watching it for the first time a few months ago. Thought it was awful. Stopped at the party scene - found it embarrassing.

Oh, RB, where is your heart?!! :D

You've got to admit that Audrey was absolutely gorgeous though?

Carnage. Two couples (Jodie Foster/John C Reilly and Kate Winslet/Christoph Waltz) get together to discuss a recent fight between their children, and although they try and be civil they slowly realise they hate each other!

Inside llewyn Davis. Odd movie but it is the Coen Bros. Liked it but was under the impression the it would about the folk scene in Greenwich Village in the early 60's and it was but only peripherally.

Inside llewyn Davis. Odd movie but it is the Coen Bros. Liked it but was under the impression the it would about the folk scene in Greenwich Village in the early 60's and it was but only peripherally.

Love the Coen Brothers, haven't seen that one.

The Secret Life of Timothy Green....really lovely movie with Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton. Well worth a watch.

12 Years a Slave-very powerful movie. Really appalling part of our history.

I had a marathon movie day yesterday.

Firstly I saw Under The Skin. Everything about it was bonkers but absolutely stunning and mesmerising, with amazing acting from Ms Johansson. There was one particular scene that I recall was hinted at on the Film 2014 review, anyway, it is the most powerful, brave and disturbing scene I have ever witnessed in a film. Everyone should see this film (even though I think many would be frustrated and possibly hate it).

SJ was also so stunning, despite her role. That never does any harm.

After that, I went to watch The Godfather, which I had never seen on the big screen before. It was as expected. Stunning!

Bad Grandpa

Has some really funny moments but *shocker*, it is an amazingly crappy movie. :lol:

Took P14 to Captain America - The Winter Soldier last night (as we do for almost all of the superhero movies).

Really good, although the plot did end up being a bit overly-complex, IMO. But great action and a whole lot of fun.

Took P14 to Captain America - The Winter Soldier last night (as we do for almost all of the superhero movies).

Really good, although the plot did end up being a bit overly-complex, IMO. But great action and a whole lot of fun.

And Scarlett Johansson in it had nothing to do with seeing the movie.

Just got back from Cap 2. Great stuff. And interesting implications for a certain TV show.

And Scarlett Johansson in it had nothing to do with seeing the movie.

Nah, we would have gone anyway. But it sure was a nice bonus!!!

Although I will say that I'm not a fan of that particular hairstyle.....not her best look.

TG....we are about 6 episodes behind on Agents of Shield (I assume that is the show you are talking about)....what implications?

Yes, that is the show I'm talking about. Spoiler below for those who haven't seen the movie yet:

Agent Sitwell is involved in the current storyline

I won't say any more until you're all caught up.

Gotcha, thanks.