Greasy Lake Community

What's the last film you sat & watched?

The Fugitive (with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones). We recorded it off the TV. Finally got around to watching it last night (what an exciting life mr jmw and moi lead!). It could've done with being about half an hour shorter than it was, and when it came to the bit where they explained about why his wife was killed, my eyes started drooping :huh: mr jmw said I don't pay enough attention when the going gets tough :lol: Lots of action bits though. If you like action.

• Like 1

Crazy Heart.

Had been wanting to see this for ages and finally caught it on TV last week. Terrific central performances from Jeff Bridges (man, but that Oscar was long overdue) and Maggie Gyllenhaal with a great supporting turn from Robert Duvall for good measure. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie and thought the soundtrack was really good too.

The campaign for a Bruce/Bad Blake duet starts here!

Watched "Margin Call" yesterday (Netflix streaming). Pretty interesting topic--about the (fictional) financial crisis on Wall Street. The execution of the movie, however, was only "fair-to-middlin'" at best...

The Kennedys - 8 part series, starring Katie Holmes as Jackie, Greg Kinnear as JFK and Barry Pepper as RK. Loved every minute of it - the likenesses were amazing. Lots of sugar-coating and glossing over, no doubt, but the period detail was great.

I've always been fascinated by the Kennedy story and their past history in Ireland.

The DW and I watched "The Avengers" last night. Pretty good flick with lots of action and humor. I'd like to see another one made.

1. I don't think you have to worry about that.

2. Be careful what you wish for. :lol:

I still haven't seen it because I haven't seen all of the previous movies yet and I'm obsessive about going in order even when it isn't needed. Heard it's great though.

The DW and I watched "The Avengers" last night. Pretty good flick with lots of action and humor. I'd like to see another one made.

Watched this with my wife and son a couple nights ago. Agree completely--it was a lot of fun!