Greasy Lake Community

What's the last film you sat & watched?

Ant Man.

In keeping with our tradition, P14 and I went to the opening last night.....not bad, but pretty clear that Marvel is getting close to the bottom of the barrel. ;)

It was an enjoyable summer romp....a few little nods to the overall Marvel Cinematic Universe story, etc....but kinda lacked the depth of the better Marvel flicks. Great little teaser clip at the very end of movie (a tradition which was disconcertingly absent from Avengers 2).

• Like 1

Ant Man.

In keeping with our tradition, P14 and I went to the opening last night.....not bad, but pretty clear that Marvel is getting close to the bottom of the barrel. ;)

It was an enjoyable summer romp....a few little nods to the overall Marvel Cinematic Universe story, etc....but kinda lacked the depth of the better Marvel flicks. Great little teaser clip at the very end of movie (a tradition which was disconcertingly absent from Avengers 2).

A movie called Ant Man? I'm not surprised it was close to the bottom of the barrel, perhaps they will have reached the bottom with the upcoming re-boot of Fantastic Four. Lol

Ant Man.

Bottom of the barrel? We have Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and - for some reason - Inhumans coming up within the next four years. At least Ant-Man was, in the comics, one of the original Avengers!

Ant Man.

Bottom of the barrel? We have Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and - for some reason - Inhumans coming up within the next four years. At least Ant-Man was, in the comics, one of the original Avengers!

Thanks for proving my point....Ant-Man is CLOSE to the bottom of the barrel. The ones listed above are pretty much rock bottom. ;):P

• Like 2

Ant Man.

Thanks for proving my point....Ant-Man is CLOSE to the bottom of the barrel. The ones listed above are pretty much rock bottom. ;):P

Definitely. I'd argue that the Inhumans is literally as low as it can possibly go. They were NOTHING until the folks at Marvel suddenly realized one day that the alien thing could be used in place of the mutant thing from X-Men which they don't have the film rights for. And now their importance in the comics is rising and the X-Men's are falling...

• Like 1

Took a trip down to my local IMAX theatre to watch Tom Cruise become agent Ethan Hunt for the 5th time. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation is a lot of fun but pales in comparison to the excellent James Bond movies being made featuring Daniel Craig as the famous 007. For me the opening sequence was the highlight of the film, however as in every Mission Impossible movie, breaking in to a highly secured location to retrieve important "intel" is always entertaining as well. If you like action, interesting locals and great stunts then this one is worth it.

mission-impossible-rogue-nation-teaser-t

635624452446361564-lead-mission-impossib

Took a trip down to my local IMAX theatre to watch Tom Cruise become agent Ethan Hunt for the 5th time. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation is a lot of fun but pales in comparison to the excellent James Bond movies being made featuring Daniel Craig as the famous 007. For me the opening sequence was the highlight of the film, however as in every Mission Impossible movie, breaking in to a highly secured location to retrieve important "intel" is always entertaining as well. If you like action, interesting locals and great stunts then this one is worth it.

mission-impossible-rogue-nation-teaser-t

635624452446361564-lead-mission-impossib

Didn't wear his Springsteen T-Shirt did he?

Hey Power 13, I know you and your daughters go to every superhero movie but I can save you guys the trouble of watching the up-and-coming reboot of Fantastic Four . However, I realize going to movies together is more about "family time" than the actual film. Therefore, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on Fantastic Four. Thanks

Give this a read (it's bang on): http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/fantastic-four-20150806

Too late....went last night!!

It was OK. Wasn't super-thrilled with the changes they made to the origins of the 4, but my biggest gripe was that the whole movie was a very long introduction / set-up. They only got together for maybe 10 minutes.

Ending felt kinda rushed as a result.

Too late....went last night!!

It was OK. Wasn't super-thrilled with the changes they made to the origins of the 4, but my biggest gripe was that the whole movie was a very long introduction / set-up. They only got together for maybe 10 minutes.

Ending felt kinda rushed as a result.

Thanks.

The Black Swan (2010)

black_swan_movie_poster_by_beyondwonderw

I just re-watched this and I hadn't even seen this post. Great movie! Aronofsky has made some really brilliant movies.
Yes, this and The Wrestler are two of the best this last ten years. It's a shame about Noah, in his hands that could and should have been something really special.
  • Like 2