Greasy Lake Community

What's the last film you sat & watched?

The last film I sat and watched was Insomnia (2002) directed by Chris Nolan and starring Al Pacino and Robin Williams. I watched it begrudgingly as the DVD cover just never grabbed me (disgusting behaviour from a Film graduate, I know) but my girlfriend insisted and I'm glad she did. Really good film.

Though I guess really the last film was two showings of The Lion King within the space of a couple days as my girlfriend is convinced that our seven week old daughter loves and watches it...

It is damn good though.

• Like 1

Since I don't speak Swedish, I actually prefer the English version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011) Also, being a huge Daniel Craig fan and also a fan of director David Fincher it really was a no-brainer. Additionally, Trent Reznor's (Nine Inch Nails) take on the soundtrack for this film adds an additional element lacking in the original films.

the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-wallpape

• Like 2

Last couple of days: The Bodyguard (cheese, but I love Whitney) and Mr. Holland's Opus, always good for a few tears.

Never saw The Bodyguard or plan to, I'll tell ya when Whitney breaks into that power note singing Dolly Parton's song I actually throw up a little in my mouth.

• Like 1

If anyone is a fan of Wild (books or movie) then give this Aussie movie Tracks (2013) a go.

The true story behind this excellent film: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/starsandstories/10773102/Tracks-The-true-story-behind-the-film.html

1397039270_Competition-tracks-win-movie-