Greasy Lake Community

What's the last film you sat & watched?

Is "Skyfall" better than "Quantum of Solace"? I haven't seen QOS yet, but I heard it was kinda crap.

Skyfall is MUCH better than QOS.

If stretching it a wee bit you can call Skyfall an English version of a Bourne movie. (I happen to L-O-V-E the Bourne movies)

Is "Skyfall" better than "Quantum of Solace"? I haven't seen QOS yet, but I heard it was kinda crap.

Skyfall is MUCH better than QOS.

If stretching it a wee bit you can call Skyfall an English version of a Bourne movie. (I happen to L-O-V-E the Bourne movies)

Identity - 7

Supremacy - 7.5

Ultimatum - 8.5

Enjoy them, but I don't love them.

seen quite a few lately heres a few

looper - good film but is ruined when the kid and mother enter the picture like so many good films

lawless - was decent could of been better

total recal 2012 - soulless no humour but it looked good

expendables 2 - i really enjoyed it

savages - good film liked it a lot

the apiration - boring horror cliche predictable one of worst films ive seen this year

the watch - was ok silly but not bad

Margin Call, starring Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore

Very, very poor indeed.

You know when you read the back of a DVD and it says its nominated for awards X, Y and Z, and you wonder: "how on earth"?

It took thirty minutes to tell us this company had over exposed itself (could have been done in five). It took a further thirty minutes to tell us that these highly paid, but ultimately incompetent people (with whom we are supposed to sympathise) might be in the firing line.

What happened next?............................... I dunno, cos we switched the fucker off.......

On the way there, however, I watched a couple differ ones...and the one that surprised the schitt out of me was 21 Jump Street. Was actually funny as hell....but of course my standards are lowered when I am trapped in an aluminum tube for 15 hours. ;)

Funny as hell is right. Had no idea that the movie even existed until two weeks ago when I was scrolling through my HBO archived movies and there it was so I thought I'd give it a go considering I laugh at every movie Jona Hill is in. It ain't no Superbad, one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, but it is funny as all get out.

Am gonna watch Let's Talk About Kevin since I keep seeing in the archives, and just read on this thread good things about it.

Anyone see Melancholia? Don't know if I liked it or hated it.

Melancholia - the Lars Von Trier film. Wow, I was in a relationship like that haha.sad, horrible and quite touching.

Well I guess someone saw it then. It it touching, there's no doubt about that, and shows depression for the terrible disease it is, but the ending just didn't sit with me well.