Greasy Lake Community

MO FARAH

newcastle roy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is ?

Oh yeah... That's why I'm surprised it's not more popular over there...

Maybe that's because it's perceived as an elitist sport? The Wimbledon tickets are ridiculously expensive and hard to get (there's ballots and stuff)... I couldn't even afford the Wimbledon tour when I was in London... Yeah, maybe that's the reason.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, thomam said:

Hugely deserved. Without doubt our (if not the) greatest ever athlete

Well, Cristiano Ronaldo was just named european athlete of 2016. I thought the pinnacle of absurdity was reached when they named him footballer of the year, but obviously I was wrong.

Mo Farah is clouded in controversy as we know via his association with Alberto Salazar and the training camp in Oregon. Amazingly, our Mo knocked 42 seconds off his 10K PB 6 months after working with Salazar. I wonder how he did that.

Likewise Wiggins has now been exposed as a drug cheat too.....his TUEs / PEDs before major events over recent years. He has exited stage left and out through the back door, his name now completely tarnished, and I would definitely strip him of his knighthood.

1 hour ago, The Purple Helmet said:

Mo Farah is clouded in controversy as we know via his association with Alberto Salazar and the training camp in Oregon. Amazingly, our Mo knocked 42 seconds off his 10K PB 6 months after working with Salazar. I wonder how he did that.

Likewise Wiggins has now been exposed as a drug cheat too.....his TUEs / PEDs before major events over recent years. He has exited stage left and out through the back door, his name now completely tarnished, and I would definitely strip him of his knighthood.

Wiggins has to be the most over rated sportsperson in the last twenty years, the year he "won" the TdF he was not even the best rider in his own team, never mind the race, had Froome not gone way back and collected him in the mountains he would have been no where, and Froome has cemented this in three of the next four years, if anyone deserves a Knighthood it is him, still I think that despite retiring Wiggins will make the headlines during the coming years.

On 31/12/2016 at 2:42 PM, Power13 said:

Between Sir Bradley Wiggins and Sir Mo Farrah, I reckon they system is pretty flawed these days. 

It's a feelgood thing.....the Tories give popular sportsmen high honours so the people don't notice the ones they are giving out to the people giving their party £££Millions in funding.

Cycling is way too tainted by cheating to get any sort of recognition and athletics is probably not far behind.

3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Wiggins has to be the most over rated sportsperson in the last twenty years, the year he "won" the TdF he was not even the best rider in his own team, never mind the race, had Froome not gone way back and collected him in the mountains he would have been no where, and Froome has cemented this in three of the next four years, if anyone deserves a Knighthood it is him, still I think that despite retiring Wiggins will make the headlines during the coming years.

That really isn't true re: Wiggins win...it has been a popular yarn in the following years, but just isn't based in reality. 

Wiggins won that Tour by dominating the TT's, where he took big chunks of time out of Froome. That year's course was relatively flat, so while Froome was a better climber, there really weren't enough stages where Froome could have taken back enough time to beat Wiggins. 

Froome being told to wait on a stage has been blown out of proportion into "he could've beaten Wiggins!!"

Wiggins hit a perfect storm that year..,.a purple patch of training, course tailor-made to his abilities and a lack of serious rivals capable of contending the overall (Contador out, etc), and as we now know, some dodgy TUE's. 

Unfortunately, the whole SKY narrative is becoming more and more a replay of the US Postal teams from LA's heyday. 

• 1 month later...
On 26/02/2017 at 3:06 PM, Power13 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he did use drugs TBH. Maybe it's just some dodgy chemical left in his system after years of eating the horrible Quorn

It wouldn't surprise me also if all the top athletes use drugs, including U Bolt :o 

Roy, from your first post here on this thread......'LEGEND'.......to your most recent post above.......great to see you are now seeing the light !

Mo is a drug taker, there is no doubt......and ref your comment about Bolt, just google anything along the lines of 'is Bolt a drug cheat ?', or anything to do with the Jamaican drug testing programme in athletics (it non existent by the way) and you will realise Bolt is absolutely NOT clean.

The media for some reason continue the charade that all these sports and sportsmen/women are whiter than white....but it's a big lie.

Check out also 'is Nadal a drug cheat ?'......ditto the Barcelona football team......the list goes on.

As for Wiggins, don't get me started !

^ There's some circumstantial evidence for a lot of those names, but nothing clear-cut enough to leave no doubt. However, the Barcelona one is something that really irks me.  Dr Fuentes - pretty much the poster boy of doping - stood up in a Spanish court and said the Spanish international team would have to return their World Cup winners' medals if he leaked his full client list.  The court was immediately adjourned and he was told to stop speaking about it.  Nothing more has been said since.

I actually chatted to a few sports journalists on Twitter about it.  They were careful with their words, but they seemed to imply a lot of money has changed hands to keep him quiet.

3 hours ago, The Purple Helmet said:

Roy, from your first post here on this thread......'LEGEND'.......to your most recent post above.......great to see you are now seeing the light !

Mo is a drug taker, there is no doubt......and ref your comment about Bolt, just google anything along the lines of 'is Bolt a drug cheat ?', or anything to do with the Jamaican drug testing programme in athletics (it non existent by the way) and you will realise Bolt is absolutely NOT clean.

The media for some reason continue the charade that all these sports and sportsmen/women are whiter than white....but it's a big lie.

Check out also 'is Nadal a drug cheat ?'......ditto the Barcelona football team......the list goes on.

As for Wiggins, don't get me started !

I still think he's a Legend, until he's proven to be a cheat.

What I do say and always have thought, is that it wouldn't surprise me if he..and many more athletes use performance enhancing drugs.

The next thing you'll be telling me is that Andy Murray Tennis god is also a drug cheat :o

Roy, for now you can sleep easy ref Murray but that is not to say tennis is  clean.....as mentioned before, the articles / blogs etc you can find on line ref Nadal are truly shocking....even down to him leaving court mid game for a comfort break only to be actually topping up on PEDs 'backstage'.

Back to Bolt, I must try and find the stat that to me says it all......it's something like of the 30 fastest 100m times ever recorded, 21 are by athletes clouded in drug taking controversies eg Gay, Powell, Lewis, Johnson, Montgomery etc......and the other 9 are by, guess who.....yes our man Bolt.

Marvellous to see that the hacks have now landed at Wiggo's front door - literally - and he didn't seem best pleased. Great article in the Times yesterday saying that Brailsford will hang on as best he can because if he resigns (or Sky sack him), it will be a huge admission of guilt.

• 2 years later...

Never mind Mo Farah - there's a new kid on the block. I wondered what number my son, Christopher, was wearing … I reckon I'll have a chance of spotting him without knowing. He often does the Great North Run but this is his first marathon. We'll see if he decides if it's his last. :)

Chris - London Marathon.jpg

Archived