Greasy Lake Community

WORLDWIDE CD singles discography (CD3, CD5, CDR)

Eddy Wehbe

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pascal, could you tell us more about this?

Title: Streets of philadelphia

Cataloguenumber: COL 660 065 1

Year of release: 1994

It's on your website. Why did you write Australia?

Sorry that should be austria.

Additions to Finland :

Radio Nowhere (Album version) (Sony USSM10703853) 2007 promo CDR-single in plastic wallet white disc

Working On A Dream (SONY BMG USSM10805131) 2007 promo CDR-single in plastic wallet white disc

And my copy of Girls In Their Summer Clothes states the year 2007.

...'cause tramps like us keep on rockin' Jyrki

Thank you Jyrki. Are these white discs "blank"?

I will update later tonight, and add the UK discography.

Meanwhile, let us agree on the different types of packaging:

- Jewelcase (example)

- Jewelcase with obi (example)

- Slimline jewelcase (example)

- Slim double jewelcase (example)

- Dgipak (example)

- Cardboard sleeve (example)

- Cardboard sleeve with sticker (example)

- Die-cut cardboard sleeve (example)

- Cardboard sleeve in blister pack (example)

- Die-cut cardboard slipcase (example)

- 6x3-inch snap-pack (example)

- 6x3-inch longpack

- 12x3-inch longpack (example)

- Paper sleeve with sticker (example)

- Plastic sleeve (example, example)

- Plastic sleeve with insert (example)

- Plastic sleeve with sticker

- Tin can (example)

I will only describe discs that are blank (example) or picture discs (example).

I will later update the list to reflect these "standards" (if I may call it so).

Working On A Dream (SONY BMG 88697 38892 USSM10805131) 2008 promo CDR-single in plastic wallet white disc

The discs are white with printing.

Please note that the other WOAD Finnish promo CDR-single is a picture disc.

...'cause tramps like us keep on rockin' . . . Jyrki

> Discs will be listed under the country in which they were manufactured

And you mean the actual disc?

For example CD3 Tougher Than The Rest (CBS 653192 3) has the 3" cardboard gatefold sleeve

with Printed in Holland on it and the actual disc has Made in Austria. This goes under Austria, right ?

One country missing is Germany.

At least the disc in this release is made in Germany.

TUNNEL OF LOVE - SANTA CLAUS IS COMIN' TO TOWN - TWO FOR THE ROAD (CBS 651295 2) 5" Germany 1987 cardboard

I can compile the Holland list and start the Austrian one.

> Discs will be listed under the country in which they were manufactured

And you mean the actual disc?

For example CD3 Tougher Than The Rest (CBS 653192 3) has the 3" cardboard gatefold sleeve

with Printed in Holland on it and the actual disc has Made in Austria. This goes under Austria, right ?

One country missing is Germany.

At least the disc in this release is made in Germany.

TUNNEL OF LOVE - SANTA CLAUS IS COMIN' TO TOWN - TWO FOR THE ROAD (CBS 651295 2) 5" Germany 1987 cardboard

I can compile the Holland list and start the Austrian one.

Yes, in this case, the Tunnel Of Love CD5 should be listed under Germany. I corrected the above list accordingly.

I know, it doesn't make much sense, but we have to follow this "where the disc was manufactured" rule for the reasons stated earlier.

I would really appreciate it if you could compile the Holland and Austria lists. This way I will have more time to fill some more gaps in the list.

Meanwhile, let us agree on the different types of packaging:

- Jewelcase (example)

- Jewelcase with obi (example)

- Dgipak (example)

- Cardboard sleeve (example)

- Cardboard sleeve with sticker (example)

- Die-cut cardboard sleeve (example)

- Cardboard sleeve in blister pack (example)

- Die-cut cardboard slipcase (example)

- 6x3-inch snap-pack (example)

- 6x3-inch longpack

- 12x3-inch longpack (example)

- Paper sleeve with sticker (example)

- Plastic sleeve (example, example)

- Plastic sleeve with insert (example)

- Plastic sleeve with sticker

- Tin can (example)

I will only describe discs that are blank (example) or picture discs (example).

I will later update the list to reflect these "standards" (if I may call it so).

That is a great set of "standards" - thank you. I have been looking for a such one for a while.

The links seems to be the same here?

I would really appreciate it if you could compile the Holland and Austria lists. This way I will have more time to fill some more gaps in the list.

But it'll take some time, since I have to doublecheck quite a few items first.

And the results from my excel file needs some editing too...

---2009 - CDR - "New Music To Radio: WC 9/03/09" (SONY, no cat#) Plastic sleeve with insert, 4-track, promo, includes "My Lucky Day"---

II believe this one is a DVD compilation:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190744068009?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and the us "All I'm Thinking About" is a silver cd

South Africa: CD5 1995 "Secret Garden"+3, Col. cdsin 30 I,cardboard

2007-CDR-"New Music To Radio: WC 3/09/07" ( "Radio Nowhere" )+4-Sony/BMG, cardboard

Mexico-1995-CD5-"Acoplado 1,Varios Epic Ingles"-("Secret Garden")+7 (it's more than 5,but playes 23:41)-Epic prcd 96372,cardboard

Things have been a little confusing... As far as I know, these are all the issues of the Chimes Of Freedom CD5:

Australia

2003 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL 667600 2) Jewelcase, 4-track

(Mark from Australia confirmed that this was released in 2003 in Australia, not 1999)

Austria

1999 - CD - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL 667600 2) Jewelcase, 4-track

(There are two issues according to Steen. Are they both made in Austria?)

Canada

1988 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CEPK-44445) Jewelcase, 4-track

1988 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CEPK-44445) Jewelcase, 4-track, with barcode

(Fred, you have these two. Could you please post fulls scans?)

(Was there a 1999 reissue with "CK 63822" catalogue number?)

Japan

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (SONY SRCS 8989) Cardboard sleeve, 4-track

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (SONY SRCS 8989) Cardboard sleeve, 4-track, promo

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (SONY SRCS 8989) Jewelcase with obi, picture disc, 4-track

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (SONY SRCS 8989) Jewelcase with obi, picture disc, 4-track, promo {If exists}

(I am not sure about the existence of a promo counterpart of the picdisc version)

South Africa

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CDSIN 347 1) Jewelcase, 4-track

(it may have been released in the 2000's)

USA

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 69469) Jewelcase, 4-track

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 63822) Jewelcase, 4-track, "0 7464-63822-2 6" barcode

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 63822) Jewelcase, 4-track, "8 86972 46142 7" barcode

(These versions can be found on Steen's website, but the date is incorrect)

(Not released in 1988 on CD5 format. I corrected the original list accordingly)

Taiwan

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (???) Jewelcase, 4-track

(A scan was originally posted by MAX two years ago.)

(This is probably a European pressing, and only the obi is Taiwanese. Anybody has this?)

Let me know if there's anything to add or correct.

That is a great set of "standards" - thank you. I have been looking for a such one for a while.

The links seems to be the same here?

The Slim double jewelcase is this: http://www.springsteenlyrics.com/collection/moreinfo.php?item=5304

I corrected the original post.

This is only "my" standard, but others may disagree with the terminologies. All comments and corrections are welcome.

---2009 - CDR - "New Music To Radio: WC 9/03/09" (SONY, no cat#) Plastic sleeve with insert, 4-track, promo, includes "My Lucky Day"---

II believe this one is a DVD compilation:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

No, it's a different one: http://www.springsteenlyrics.com/collection/moreinfo.php?item=5915

and the us "All I'm Thinking About" is a silver cd

Thank you Steen. List updated.

South Africa: CD5 1995 "Secret Garden"+3, Col. cdsin 30 I,cardboard

1995 - CD5 - "Secret Garden" (COL CDSIN 30 I) Cardboard sleeve, 4-track

Is that correct? Is it "COL CDSIN 30 I" or "COL CDSIN 30 1"?

2007-CDR-"New Music To Radio: WC 3/09/07" ( "Radio Nowhere" )+4-Sony/BMG, cardboard

2007 - CDR - "New Music To Radio: WC 3/09/07" (SONY, no cat#) Cardboard sleeve with sticker, 5-track, promo, includes "Radio Nowhere"

Is that correct?

Mexico-1995-CD5-"Acoplado 1,Varios Epic Ingles"-("Secret Garden")+7 (it's more than 5,but playes 23:41)-Epic prcd 96372,cardboard

I added it to the below list of discs that I'm not sure if we should include or not. i'd like to hear some opinions about this subject.

Mexico - 1995 - CD5 - "Acoplado 1, Varios Epic Ingles" (EPIC PRCD 96372) Cardboard sleeve, 8-track (duration 23:41), promo, includes "Secret Garden"

Australia - 2008 - "New Music To Radio: WC 1/12/08" (SONY, no cat#) Cardboard sleeve with sticker, 7-track, promo, includes "Working On A Dream"

USA - 2005 - "PBS Exclusive" (COL 82876 75932 2) cardboard sleeve, 7-track, promo

We are not necessarily following the UK Official Chart Company rules. If we do, then we have to remove some EPs from the original list.

POST UPDATED: (Thank Steen who provided some very valuable scans)

Things have been a little confusing... As far as I know, these are all the issues of the Chimes Of Freedom CD5:

Australia

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL 667600 2) Jewelcase, 4-track, "9 399700 110463" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL 667600 2) Jewelcase, 4-track, "5 099766 760025" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

(Mark from Australia confirmed that this was released in 2003 in Australia, not 1999, but I'll keep "1999" to conform with releases from other countries and because 2003 cannot be found anywhere on the discs. Maybe one issue is 1999 and the other is 2003)

Austria

(Apparently doesn't exist; Steen made a mistake on his page)

Canada

1988 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CEPK-44445) Jewelcase, 4-track, with barcode

(Fred, you have these two. Could you please post full scans?)

(Was there a 1999 reissue with "CK 63822" catalogue number?)

Japan

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (SONY SRCS 8989) Cardboard sleeve, 4-track, promo

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (SONY SRCS 8989) Jewelcase with obi, picture disc, 4-track

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (SONY SRCS 8989) Jewelcase with obi, picture disc, 4-track, promo {If exists}

(I am not sure about the existence of a promo counterpart of the picdisc version)

South Africa

(I am not sure if it's "COL CDSIN 347 1" or "COL CDSIN 347 I")

USA

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 69469) Jewelcase, 4-track, "0 7464-69469-2 3" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 63822) Jewelcase, 4-track, "0 7464-63822-2 6" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 63822) Jewelcase, 4-track, "8 86972 46142 7" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

(Not released in 1988 on CD5 format)

Taiwan

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (???) Jewelcase, 4-track

(A scan was originally posted by MAX two years ago.)

(This is probably a European pressing, and only the obi is Taiwanese. Anybody has this?)

Some questions:

Was there a 1999 reissue of the "Chimes Of Freedom" in Canada?

Yes 2.

CK 63822 ( with intro )

CK 69469 ( without intro )

Does anyone have any information about the Taiwanese "Chimes Of Freedom"?

The Taiwanese one is made in USA cat. n. CK 69469

Is there a Japanese "Death To My Hometown" CDR?

No

Eddy I appreciate a lot your efforts to make a complete CD singles discography but there's something that I don't agree completely.

I already told you my meaning about the Japanese promos but to put all the US and Ausralian with promo sticker or promo stamp it's a little too much, I'm use to look at many collectors website and no one make such a difference only because there's a promo sticker or a promo stamp wich could be easily counterfeit ( as collectors we have also some responsability also because out there ther'are a lot of people that are ready to arrange fakes just to earn more money ). If you like these minor variations you should put also the Brazilian promo stamps and also all the US CD singles with Drill Hole wich is a most common way to give away promos in the USA.

This is just my humble opinion. BTW a 8 tracks CD cannot be considered as a single CD.

Best, max

Austria

My mistake,one is austrian and the other one australian

Addition to France: 2005 - CDR - "Devils & Dust" (COLUMBIA, no cat#) Cardboard sleeve with sticker, blank disc, 1-track, promo

Some questions:

Was there a 1999 reissue of the "Chimes Of Freedom" in Canada?

Yes 2.

CK 63822 ( with intro )

CK 69469 ( without intro )

Thank you MAX. Can you please tell us the barcodes or post rear scans for the two 1988 versions and the two 1999 versions. Maybe it will turn that more than one barcode exist for some of these versions.

Does anyone have any information about the Taiwanese "Chimes Of Freedom"?

The Taiwanese one is made in USA cat. n. CK 69469

Thank you MAX. I will update accordingly. I assume that the barcode is "0 7464-69469-2 3", right?

South Afica

Hungry Heart CDSIN 66

I will add it soon. How many tracks? Is it a cardboard sleeve?

BTW why don't you make 2 different lst, one with siver CDs and the other with CDRs? ( I'm not so sure that all those French promos with blank disc are official ).

Eddy I appreciate a lot your efforts to make a complete CD singles discography but there's something that I don't agree completely.

I already told you my meaning about the Japanese promos but to put all the US and Ausralian with promo sticker or promo stamp it's a little too much, I'm use to look at many collectors website and no one make such a difference only because there's a promo sticker or a promo stamp wich could be easily counterfeit ( as collectors we have also some responsability also because out there ther'are a lot of people that are ready to arrange fakes just to earn more money ). If you like these minor variations you should put also the Brazilian promo stamps and also all the US CD singles with Drill Hole wich is a most common way to give away promos in the USA.

I 100% agree with you, but then I'm including all these promo stamped and promo stickered versions and leaving the choices to collectors. When the list is completed, one can save it for himself and delete whatever items he/she doesn't collect. For example, if someone isn't interested in promo stamps or CDRs, then he can delete them from the list. I personally am not interested in promo stamped or stickered versions, except for the Japanese releases (these promo stickers with unique 6-digit numbers are interesting to me). I also am not much interested in CDRs.

As for the CDRs, we can always write a small note next the ones that we're not sure are official.

Austria

My mistake,one is austrian and the other one australian

Addition to France: 2005 - CDR - "Devils & Dust" (COLUMBIA, no cat#) Cardboard sleeve with sticker, blank disc, 1-track, promo

Thank you Steen. I will update accordingly.

POST UPDATED: (Thank Steen and MAX)

Australia

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL 667600 2) Jewelcase, 4-track, "9 399700 110463" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

(Mark from Australia confirmed that this was released in 2003 in Australia, not 1999, but I'll keep "1999" to conform with releases from other countries and because 2003 cannot be found anywhere on the discs)

Austria

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL 667600 2) Jewelcase, 4-track, "5 099766 760025" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

Canada

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 63822) Jewelcase, 4-track

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 69469) Jewelcase, 4-track

(Fred, you have the two 1988 versions. Could you please post full scans?)

Japan

South Africa

(I am not sure if it's "COL CDSIN 347 1" or "COL CDSIN 347 I")

USA

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 69469) Jewelcase, 4-track, "0 7464-69469-2 3" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 69469) Jewelcase with obi, 4-track, for export to Taiwan [front scan]

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 63822) Jewelcase, 4-track, "0 7464-63822-2 6" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

1999 - CD5 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (COL CK 63822) Jewelcase, 4-track, "8 86972 46142 7" barcode [back scan, disc scan]

(Not released in 1988 on CD5 format)

BTW why don't you make 2 different lst, one with siver CDs and the other with CDRs? ( I'm not so sure that all those French promos with blank disc are official ).

I revised the list, separating CD3s, CD5s, and CDRs.

Archived