Greasy Lake Community

WORLDWIDE CD singles discography (CD3, CD5, CDR)

Eddy Wehbe

And there are two versions of the U.S. "The Rising" CDR.

USA (CDR)

2002 - "The Rising" (COL CSK 58940) Slimline jewelcase, 1-track, promo, disc version 1

2002 - "The Rising" (COL CSK 58940) Slimline jewelcase, 1-track, promo, disc version 2

See scans below (thanks Steen):

the_rising_usa_ver1.jpgthe_rising_usa_ver2.jpg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have "surprise surpise" as a cdr promo out of switzerland.

Also have greece cd-r's 'Girls in their..." and "working on a ..."

Poland

Girls in their... cd-r

Radio nowhere cd-r

Argentina

My lucky day cd-r

Don't know anything about these.

Probably fake I think??

I have "surprise surpise" as a cdr promo out of switzerland.

Also have greece cd-r's 'Girls in their..." and "working on a ..."

Poland

Girls in their... cd-r

Radio nowhere cd-r

Argentina

My lucky day cd-r

Don't know anything about these.

Probably fake I think??

No idea. But for the sake of curiosity, could you please post scans?

Here are some scans eddy

post-26169-0-77870800-1352834471_thumb.j

Surprise surprise (switzerland)

post-26169-0-92696400-1352834479_thumb.j

Save my love (???)

post-26169-0-93971800-1352834485_thumb.j

Girls in their... (poland)

post-26169-0-58881900-1352834495_thumb.j

Radio nowhere (poland)

post-26169-0-16981200-1352834503_thumb.j

We shall overcome (polan)

1: I bought from a guy in switzerland through ebay

2: I bought from someone out of the UK

3/4/5: I bought from someone on Poland through ebay

Among these I think the Israeli ones and the one with no mention of country of origin* are genuine, while the Polish and Swiss ones are fake. I may be wrong though.

* there is no mention at all of a country? The text is no very clear in the scan.

I added these:

EU (CDR)

2010 - "Save My Love" (COLUMBIA, no cat#) Plastic sleeve, 1-track, promo {Possibly fake}

Israel (CDR)

2007 - "Girls In Their Summer Clothes (Winter Mix / album version)" (SONY/COLUMBIA, no cat#) Jewelcase with insert, 1-track, promo {Possibly fake}

2008 - "Working On A Dream" (SONY/COLUMBIA, no cat#) Jewelcase with insert and promo letter, 1-track, promo {Possibly fake}

Poland (CDR)

2006 - "We Shall Overcome Album Sampler" (no cat#) 5-track, promo {Possibly fake}

2007 - "Radio Nowhere" (no cat#) 1-track, promo {Possibly fake}

2007 - "Girls In Their Summer Clothes (Winter Mix / album version)" (no cat#) 2-track, promo {Possibly fake}

Switzerland (CDR)

2009 - "Surprise , Surprise" (SONY, no cat#) Plastic sleeve, 1-track, promo {Possibly fake}

Among these I think the Israeli ones and the one with no mention of country of origin* are genuine, while the Polish and Swiss ones are fake. I may be wrong though.

* there is no mention at all of a country? The text is no very clear in the scan.

Hi Eddy,

No info of country at all.

Like I told I bought it from someone in the UK.

Hi Eddy,

No info of country at all.

Like I told I bought it from someone in the UK.

in that case I will keep it under EU.

I added Austrian pressings that were distributed in Israel (same, but with Hebrew stickers).

Austria (CD5)

1996 - "Dead Man Walkin'" (COL 663190 2) Slimline jewelcase, picture disc, 4-track

1996 - "Dead Man Walkin'" (COL 663190 2) Slimline jewelcase, picture disc, 4-track, promo, for Israel market with Hebrew sticker

1997 - "Secret Garden" (COL 664236 2) Slimline jewelcase, 4-track, for EU market

1997 - "Secret Garden" (COL 664236 2) Slimline jewelcase, 4-track, for Israel market with Hebrew sticker

2001 - "Live In New York City Album Sampler" (COL SAMPCD 9988) Slimline jewelcase, 4-track, promo

2001 - "Live In New York City Album Sampler" (COL SAMPCD 9988) Slimline jewelcase, 4-track, promo, for Israel market with Hebrew sticker

2001 - "My Hometown (live) / This Hard Land (live)" (COL SAMPCS 10881) Die-cut cardboard sleeve, 2-track, promo

2001 - "My Hometown (live) / This Hard Land (live)" (COL SAMPCS 10881) Die-cut cardboard sleeve, 2-track, promo, for Israel market with Hebrew sticker

2002 - "Lonesome Day" (COL 673272 2) Slimline jewelcase, 4-track

2002 - "Lonesome Day" (COL 673272 2) Slimline jewelcase, 4-track, for Israel market with Hebrew sticker

2005 - "Devils And Dust" (COL SAMPCS 14884 1) Slimline jewelcase, picture disc, 1-track, promo

2005 - "Devils And Dust" (COL SAMPCS 14884 1) Slimline jewelcase, picture disc, 1-track, promo, for Israel market with Hebrew sticker

2005 - "All I'm Thinkin' About" (COL SAMPCS 14913) Slimline jewelcase, 1-track, promo

2005 - "All I'm Thinkin' About" (COL SAMPCS 14913) Slimline jewelcase, 1-track, promo, for Poland market with Polish stickers

2005 - "All I'm Thinkin' About" (COL SAMPCS 14913) Slimline jewelcase, 1-track, promo, for Israel market with Hebrew sticker

I have one more Austrian promo with Hebrew sticker :

THE RISING (COLUMBIA SAMPCS 11877) 5” Austria 2002 PROMO slim jewelcase ISRAEL sticker on cover

Thank you Jyrki. List updated accordingly.

This is presumable from Finland. I have seen three copies :

the first one was sold in Ebay during the original collector's thread and was declared fake there.

Second one was sold on a Finnish auction site while I was in Oslo for Bruce show and I lost

it. I found this third copy from a second hand record store in Helsinki.

I contacted the seller of the second specimen and he told me he had worked for a radio

station and he got the records from there. He also had all the other Finnish promo

CDRs on auction at the same time.

While Rocky Ground (Modern Mix) was "hot news" I contacted the marketing manager of

Sony Finland and asked also about this release. She didn't recognize it, but I think she

wasn't handling Bruce when this was released, so she didn't know. I also asked her for

a list of Finnish promoCDRS, but they didn't have that. So a bit of a mystery, but I wonder,

where would a radio station get their records unless from a record company.

...'cause tramps like us keep on rockin' . . . Jyrki

This is presumable from Finland. I have seen three copies :

the first one was sold in Ebay during the original collector's thread and was declared fake there.

Second one was sold on a Finnish auction site while I was in Oslo for Bruce show and I lost

it. I found this third copy from a second hand record store in Helsinki.

I contacted the seller of the second specimen and he told me he had worked for a radio

station and he got the records from there. He also had all the other Finnish promo

CDRs on auction at the same time.

While Rocky Ground (Modern Mix) was "hot news" I contacted the marketing manager of

Sony Finland and asked also about this release. She didn't recognize it, but I think she

wasn't handling Bruce when this was released, so she didn't know. I also asked her for

a list of Finnish promoCDRS, but they didn't have that. So a bit of a mystery, but I wonder,

where would a radio station get their records unless from a record company.

...'cause tramps like us keep on rockin' . . . Jyrki

If it came from a radio station, then it's genuine, but then one has to trust the seller that he really got it from a radio station. Any one who wants to sell a promo CDR would say that he got it from a radio station or he worked at one.

But he's probably telling the truth because, as you said, he also had all the other Finnish promo CDRs on auction at the same time.

I added it to the list.

Finland (CDR)

2007 - "Radio Nowhere" (SONY USSM10703853) Plastic sleeve, promo, 1-track

2007 - "Girls In Their Summer Clothes (Winter Mix)" (SONY 88697 20478 2) Plastic sleeve with sticker, promo, 1-track

2007 - "Working On A Dream" (SONY USSM10805131) Plastic sleeve, promo, 1-track

2008 - "Working On A Dream" (SONY, no cat#) Slimline jewelcase, picture disc, 1-track, promo

2008 - "Surprise, Surprise" (SONY, no cat#) Slimline jewelcase, picture disc, 1-track, promo

2012 - "Rocky Ground (Modern Mix)" (SONY USSM11203943) Plastic sleeve with insert, promo, 1-track

UK (CD5) - 1999 - "Sad Eyes" (COL XPCD 1144) Cardboard sleeve, 2-track, advance promo

This one comes in a cardboard sleeve, and not in a slimline jewel case as I previously wrote. Thank you Steen for the correction.

there are 2 differents issue of this

1999 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (SONY SRCS 8989) Jewelcase with obi, picture disc, 4-track

both are part of a reissue serie of bruce's cd from greetings to chimes. The first serie have obi that formed a bitusa era picture, the second (this is not complete) have obi with the river era picture.

there are 2 differents issue of this

1999 - "Chimes Of Freedom" (SONY SRCS 8989) Jewelcase with obi, picture disc, 4-track

both are part of a reissue serie of bruce's cd from greetings to chimes. The first serie have obi that formed a bitusa era picture, the second (this is not complete) have obi with the river era picture.

I assume what you meant to say was "Born To Run"-era picture rather than "BITUSA", and you were probably referring to this:

cdajapobi.jpg

However, that series (which only took in Bruce's albums from "Born To Run" through "Tunnel Of Love") already was released back in 1995, four years before the "Chimes" EP was reissued internationally, so it obviously couldn't have been included therein. ;)

However, that series (which only took in Bruce's albums from "Born To Run" through "Tunnel Of Love") already was released back in 1995, four years before the "Chimes" EP was reissued internationally, so it obviously couldn't have been included therein. ;)

That answers it

Archived