Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena - July 24th - Official "‘Boss’ pulls strings for Arena date"

Boss pulls strings for Arena date

Published on Tuesday 19 February 2013 06:00

ROCK superstar Bruce Springsteen will be the first performer to hit the stage at the new Leeds Arena.

The man known to his worldwide army of fans as The Boss will play the £60m venue on Wednesday, July 24.

It had been thought that Sir Elton Johns previously-announced show in September would be the first at the 13,500-capacity arena.

But the team at the venue decided to pull out all the stops to arrange a one-off pre-opening date when Springsteen made a special request to play there.

Arena sales and marketing director Tony Watson said: Springsteen has always expressed a love of performing in the UK and, from what I understand, any opportunity to put Leeds Arena through its paces was too much to resist.

Stars joining Sir Elton for the venues official opening season in September include indie rockers Kaiser Chiefs and opera legend Andrea Bocelli.

Tickets for the Springsteen show go on sale this Friday, priced £65. Visit www.leeds-arena.com for more details.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/the-arts/music/boss-pulls-strings-for-arena-date-1-5422393

ROCK superstar Bruce Springsteen will be the first performer to hit the stage at the new Leeds Arena.

The man known to his worldwide army of fans as The Boss will play the £60m venue on Wednesday, July 24.

It had been thought that Sir Elton Johns previously-announced show in September would be the first at the 13,500-capacity arena.

But the team at the venue decided to pull out all the stops to arrange a one-off pre-opening date when Springsteen made a special request to play there.

Arena sales and marketing director Tony Watson said: Springsteen has always expressed a love of performing in the UK and, from what I understand, any opportunity to put Leeds Arena through its paces was too much to resist.

Stars joining Sir Elton for the venues official opening season in September include indie rockers Kaiser Chiefs and opera legend Andrea Bocelli.

Tickets for the Springsteen show go on sale this Friday, priced £65. Visit www.leeds-arena.com for more details.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/the-arts/music/boss-pulls-strings-for-arena-date-1-5422393

holy  f**king shit

holy  f**king shit

LOL

holy  f**king shit

yes its going to be a long drive back from Cardiff Dog,anyone want 2 tickets for Cardiff?

That train from Cardiff to Leeds is gonna be a busy one! :-) [quote name="sidanymac" post="2229274" timestamp="1361262086"][quote name="ONE LEGGED DOG" post="2229265" timestamp="1361260362"][quote name="dazsmith69" post="2229263" timestamp="1361258747"] Boss pulls strings for Arena date Published on Tuesday 19 February 2013 06:00 ROCK superstar Bruce Springsteen will be the first performer to hit the stage at the new Leeds Arena. The man known to his worldwide army of fans as The Boss will play the £60m venue on Wednesday, July 24. It had been thought that Sir Elton Johns previously-announced show in September would be the first at the 13,500-capacity arena. But the team at the venue decided to pull out all the stops to arrange a one-off pre-opening date when Springsteen made a special request to play there. Arena sales and marketing director Tony Watson said: Springsteen has always expressed a love of performing in the UK and, from what I understand, any opportunity to put Leeds Arena through its paces was too much to resist. Stars joining Sir Elton for the venues official opening season in September include indie rockers Kaiser Chiefs and opera legend Andrea Bocelli. Tickets for the Springsteen show go on sale this Friday, priced £65. Visit www.leeds-arena.com for more details.[url=http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/the-arts/music/boss-pulls-strings-for-arena-date-1-5422393]http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/the-arts/music/boss-pulls-strings-for-arena-date-1-5422393[/url] [/quote] holy  f**king shit[/quote] yes its going to be a long drive back from Cardiff Dog,anyone want 2 tickets for Cardiff?[/quote]

Bloody hell !!!

What a way to start the day!

This better not be a hoax......................

LEEDS about 20 minutes from home COLD BEER at reasonable prices ...HOW FAR IS CARDIFF TO LEEDS ???

That train from Cardiff to Leeds is gonna be a busy one! :-)

Tickets for the Springsteen show go on sale this Friday, priced £65. Visit www.leeds-arena.com for more details.http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/the-arts/music/boss-pulls-strings-for-arena-date-1-5422393

holy  f**king shit

yes its going to be a long drive back from Cardiff Dog,anyone want 2 tickets for Cardiff?

yes full of Saints and Sinners,Whores and gamblers and Amigos,this trains going to our home town hey DOG

f**k me, nice from bruce but I hate the whole tour management by now, announcing show after show and not all at once really su**s. because of that I planned some trips and if all dates would have been out from the start I would have made completely other choices

I hate stadiums, now there is another indoor show, I want to go but I promised my girlfriend to go to no more shows, I have no more money left and I already leave her alone all summer...man, this is so disappointing

About a four hour drive away.

thanks for that looks like i will after DRIVE ALL NIGHT.. 

You can get a train from Cardiff to Manchester at 4.30am and get to Leeds in time for pit duty at 9.30 ish I think. So gig, few drinks in Cardiff then on train, sleep and in a pit line ready to go again for those who want it.

Archived