Greasy Lake Community

LEEDS,post here if you still need a ticket,lets help other FANS,not touts

Tim1

I've got one(thanks kev). I wouldn't want you to go to too many gigs - particularly if you get so frustrated with fellow concert goers.

What he just said ^^

It's not that I don't want to go but I've got young kids and work commitments and I can't justify 4 shows in 5 weeks.

My original post was a genuine good luck and offering a few other places for people to look for tickets if they weren't in the know.

Not really - and I certainly wouldn't describe anyone as such on a public forum as some people ( not really me) would find the term offensive. Another case of Brits dumbing down the forum.

It's only a word & wasn't directed at anybody on here in a personal attack.

It was a rather appropriate description of the type of people that can't keep their gormless traps shut during a concert.

Brits dumbing down the Forum???!! - what, Americans, Aussies, Germans etc.. don't swear?!!

Anyway apart from all that I still need a ticket

Well I hope you get one!!

Just incase you're hoping that I don't get one, I don't want one!!

If by any tiny chance I come across any I'll let you all know.

I'll try not to say it again.... don't want to come across as a dumb Brit!!

There will be no drop, a few of our lot have bought off touts/eBay. It's the sensible thing to do as prices are only going to rise

risky,considering that the arena manager has already posted on here that any tickets he found for sale on ebay with identifiable locations have been cancelled

There will be no drop, a few of our lot have bought off touts/eBay. It's the sensible thing to do as prices are only going to rise

risky,considering that the arena manager has already posted on here that any tickets he found for sale on ebay with identifiable locations have been cancelled

He did not say they had been cancelled only that eBay tickets originally purchased through Eventim were the only ones he had the ability to cancel: http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/114664-leeds-and-wrecking-the-touts-letter-to-jon-landau-management/?p=2283135

He did not say they had been cancelled only that eBay tickets originally purchased through Eventim were the only ones he had the ability to cancel: http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/114664-leeds-and-wrecking-the-touts-letter-to-jon-landau-management/?p=2283135

I beg to differ

"I hate touts. Wholeheartedly. I can confirm however that the real issue here was demand, not conspiracy. On the morning of the on-sale, my website received 125,022 unique visitors between 0850 and 0910. I can also confirm that I've taken repeated action against people selling tickets above face value on auction sites, including the cancellation and re-listing of tickets."

^^ that's a direct quote from the arena manager

I beg to differ

"I hate touts. Wholeheartedly. I can confirm however that the real issue here was demand, not conspiracy. On the morning of the on-sale, my website received 125,022 unique visitors between 0850 and 0910. I can also confirm that I've taken repeated action against people selling tickets above face value on auction sites, including the cancellation and re-listing of tickets."

Missed that one. Sorry 'bout that!

He has been very gracious to come on here, just didn't want to see him misquoted. :)

Can I just ask - has everyone that was successful getting tickets actually received them?

ie - Is there anyone out there who is still waiting?

I bought one GA from StubHub right at the start when the price was still half sensible. My account is still saying that delivery is estimated at 23/7/13 - the day before the gig, which is standard procedure when listing a ticket that you don't yet have in hand.

If I'm sure that all tickets have now been sent out by Ticketmaster, Eventim etc, then I'll start chasing it with StubHub.

Many thanks..

I don't think it's the 'sensible thing to do' buying tickets from touts and ebay. With the prices some of these tickets are going for, and the fact the tickets look very basic, the scope for forgeries and copies is massive. I know people who have been duped like this with tickets for other events far less in demand than this.

Can I just ask - has everyone that was successful getting tickets actually received them?

ie - Is there anyone out there who is still waiting?

I bought one GA from StubHub right at the start when the price was still half sensible. My account is still saying that delivery is estimated at 23/7/13 - the day before the gig, which is standard procedure when listing a ticket that you don't yet have in hand.

If I'm sure that all tickets have now been sent out by Ticketmaster, Eventim etc, then I'll start chasing it with StubHub.

Many thanks..

Colleague at work bought one via Stubhub and got his ticket last week. No idea how much he paid but he did say delay in sending was down to the seller waiting for TM / EventIM sending out tickets. Can’t see why they need to wait until the day before.

I got lucky and managed to get a friends spare as his missus has decided not to go.

Thanks. That's useful.

I've emailed StubHub politely requesting a delivery earlier than 23/7/13, which since I have to travel from Surrey, is useless.

(BTW - this is my second purchase from StubHub - the first one arrived straight away as it was "in hand")

I beg to differ

Quite frankly what the FUCK is this!

How does this help genuine fans like myself who have bought GA tickets from ebay? Yes I HATE touts too (although the guy I bought them off was a fan and I, felt given the demand for the show, the price i paid was fiar) but cancelling the tickets does not impact the seller, who now has thier money, it impacts the fan being turned away at the door!!

I beg to differ

How does this help genuine fans like myself who have bought GA tickets from ebay? Yes I HATE touts too (although the guy I bought them off was a fan and I, felt given the demand for the show, the price i paid was fiar) but cancelling the tickets does not impact the seller, who now has thier money, it impacts the fan being turned away at the door!!

So the venue may withhold entry to tickets they know have been bought off EBay at inflated prices, but they are quite happy to work with Ticketmaster who just happen to own Getmein.

Nice of them!

I beg to differ

I'm glad it's not just me thinking that. :unsure:

Hopefully the auctions that were cancelled were done so before they actually finished and any money was parted with, otherwise you are 100% right, it doesn't impact the seller, just the buyer.

I really hope that there ain't any fakes knocking around too. I know Mumford and Sons played Portsmouth a few months ago and there were a couple of hundred fakes sold online and loads of people ended up being locked out. :unsure:

Tickets should only be able to be re-sold at face-value or less.

Archived