Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim1

LEEDS,post here if you still need a ticket,lets help other FANS,not touts

Hello everyone, I've just seen this thread for the first time and I would like to be added to the list, if possible, for 1, ideally 2 GAs.

How does this work? I've been checking ticketmaster and eventim very regularly, and there was something in an older post about kevharrison doing a lot of work on it. Are you? Can I help?

Dona.

I have a phone mailing list that will let people know when there is a drop. Subject to me being around. Normally am very early.

Kev, long time lurker living in Leeds. Originally from Boston. Was at the three shows last week, will be in Paris, HRC, Cardiff, Kilkenny etc. Don't want to take away a seat from someone for whom this is their only chance to see a show but, of course, want to go...

I walk by the arena twice daily. Approaches to customer service folks, nada. I just need one but I'll buy as many as I can get and distribute them here. Any way you can think that my proximately would allow me to do something, anything, to acquire tix for folks? I'll figure a way to get in, living so close helps, but obviously those coming from further away can't just show up on speculation. I'm impressed with your telephone effort: anything you can suggest I can do on the ground I'd be happy to try.

Have heard rumours that, being opening night and all for the arena, the nice folks in government will be given a fair number of tickets. Think it's worth trying to hit up my Council rep? Anyone else? I've lived in the UK for a decade but I still don't understand local government too well.

Thx for all your advice.

I have a phone mailing list that will let people know when there is a drop. Subject to me being around. Normally am very early.

Hi Kevin,

thanks for this! Forgive the thickness and the low-tech-ness, but does that mean that you'll email people on the list from your mobile phone, or that you'll text them (in which case you need my mobile number)?

And Turkued - that's so kind of you! I'm in Oxford, so the chances of me getting up there without a ticket are nil... Also, I'll be away for a few days with no access to internet (my mobile is, like me, low-tech and non-3G), so a bit panicky about a drop happening while I'm away..

Turkued, I think you could definitely approach your city councillors and raise the issue of touts and the injustice of it all, how these parasites are basically blackmailing people and excluding those who can't pay those exorbitant, exploitative prices, and all without doing an honest day's work, and ask them to help. Not sure what they can do, but worth raising it with them. They may think there's a handful of votes in there for them if they return the tickets and allow them to be sold at face value. Anybody got any ideas on this?

I'd be absolutely made up to get a ticket so if anything happens late on I'd love a heads up as it were.

Appreciate that it's a long shot of course.

Hi Kevin,

thanks for this! Forgive the thickness and the low-tech-ness, but does that mean that you'll email people on the list from your mobile phone, or that you'll text them (in which case you need my mobile number)?

And Turkued - that's so kind of you! I'm in Oxford, so the chances of me getting up there without a ticket are nil... Also, I'll be away for a few days with no access to internet (my mobile is, like me, low-tech and non-3G), so a bit panicky about a drop happening while I'm away..

Turkued, I think you could definitely approach your city councillors and raise the issue of touts and the injustice of it all, how these parasites are basically blackmailing people and excluding those who can't pay those exorbitant, exploitative prices, and all without doing an honest day's work, and ask them to help. Not sure what they can do, but worth raising it with them. They may think there's a handful of votes in there for them if they return the tickets and allow them to be sold at face value. Anybody got any ideas on this?

I'll make some calls. You were so nice in your post, if I get something somehow I'll pm you.

Something is not right about what is going on here. There should be more seats on the secondary market. I know a few people here in Leeds going to the show for whom The River would be a revelation. A cashier at my local Waitrose is one such person. They are going for first night at the arena. It's going to be a strange crowd mix.

If there were actually 13,500 tickets out there you would have more than twenty on the commercial secondary sites. I'm spending most of what I have to go around the UK and parts of Europe because we know this can't go on forever. I want to suck this all in - his music is why I took off and explored the world. I would never sell a ticket, but I have to believe the first nighters would...they can go to Elton John second night and bank a months rent. With the current price points there should be more tickets.

I have lived in over two dozen cities in about a dozen countries in my life. Leeds is the most corrupt city I have ever lived in. I'm thinking the rumours I've heard are right: lots of VIP seats not yet distributed. I'll leave it to others here to figure out whether that 1) is a possibility and 2) if so, what it means.

Believe me, I'm getting ready for Paris, Rome, the UK...and I pass the arena knowing there are seats there, and knowing this could be a very special night if the right people get in. I have to do some stuff tomorrow that requires a suit. Let me hit the arena in a nice suit, American accent and see if that helps :)

I need 2 tickets :0)... If anyone here's of a drop let me know .... Ill be sat on the phone :0)

Do you know what I may contact Leeds council and see what they say...I have already been in touch with live nation about the fact that it was six tickets per person and just how many tickets ended up on seatwave etc before the general sale and then after. Its worth a try!

Hi Kevin,

I'll make some calls. You were so nice in your post, if I get something somehow I'll pm you.

Something is not right about what is going on here. There should be more seats on the secondary market. I know a few people here in Leeds going to the show for whom The River would be a revelation. A cashier at my local Waitrose is one such person. They are going for first night at the arena. It's going to be a strange crowd mix.

If there were actually 13,500 tickets out there you would have more than twenty on the commercial secondary sites. I'm spending most of what I have to go around the UK and parts of Europe because we know this can't go on forever. I want to suck this all in - his music is why I took off and explored the world. I would never sell a ticket, but I have to believe the first nighters would...they can go to Elton John second night and bank a months rent. With the current price points there should be more tickets.

I have lived in over two dozen cities in about a dozen countries in my life. Leeds is the most corrupt city I have ever lived in. I'm thinking the rumours I've heard are right: lots of VIP seats not yet distributed. I'll leave it to others here to figure out whether that 1) is a possibility and 2) if so, what it means.

Believe me, I'm getting ready for Paris, Rome, the UK...and I pass the arena knowing there are seats there, and knowing this could be a very special night if the right people get in. I have to do some stuff tomorrow that requires a suit. Let me hit the arena in a nice suit, American accent and see if that helps :)

:) Yay! You go and kick some ass and let's see what happens! I'm also spending way more money than I can afford to follow him around - I'll have to work a lot harder and longer hours for God only knows how long to make up for it, but, as you (and he) said, you have to be alive NOW...

Do you know what I may contact Leeds council and see what they say...I have already been in touch with live nation about the fact that it was six tickets per person and just how many tickets ended up on seatwave etc before the general sale and then after. Its worth a try!

Absolutely!!!

Yep, like many above me I am desperately looking for tickets for the Leeds gig.

Looking for 4, but will happily take 1 for anywhere in the arena.

Ta

il take one if its going, no for me, for my bird, shes giving me a hard time about going to cardiff without her so id like to send her away to leeds so i can get some peace.

Right does anyone have any ides which dept / person will be best to contact at Leeds council... I'll do it tomorrow and just say how bad it is that it was six tickets per person and how many true fans are missing out or paying a extortionate amount for a ticket...any other bits people think I should add let me know!

To be honest, I don't really think that complaining to Leeds council, Live Nation, Leeds arena etc will do any good at all.

An event is happening, the tickets have been sold, job done.

We are passionate about it on here, but in a strict business sense, it is only another event. 6 tickets per person makes a lot of sense - fewer transactions to process, money in the bank for the promoters and then let the fans fight it out on secondary ticket sites.

Right does anyone have any ides which dept / person will be best to contact at Leeds council... I'll do it tomorrow and just say how bad it is that it was six tickets per person and how many true fans are missing out or paying a extortionate amount for a ticket...any other bits people think I should add let me know!

Do you live in Leeds? Because the general rule is that you should go to the person(s) who have the most to lose if they ignore you, which means first of all your councillor(s) (meaning the ones elected in your ward), and then more high profile people like the Lord Mayor or people whose image would be damaged by a follow-up in the local press in case they do not respond. Unelected people couldn't care less.

An aspect of this is obviously at national level, in that Leeds City Council has no power to police what Ticketmaster/Livenation do because tickets are sold on the internet not just in Leeds, but it is likely that a degree of corruption at local level has been taking place. So I'd suggest that local people start with their ward councillors and escalate from there: if they don't respond you write a letter to the local paper, and then do a press-release (I can help you with that) and try to get the paper run an embarrassing article. The angle needs to be exactly what you said above: the exclusion of honest, working people with average or below average incomes who cannot afford a ticket because these scumbags are allowed to run these scams and tickets are allowed to go to them while the authorities look on etc. etc.. And who knows... it may catch Bruce's eye... :)

I would also wonder how many tickets went to sponsors or the council or arena staff etc after all this is the first gig at the arena. People are furious here as it is a Bruce gig and they can't get tickets but for Leeds they are opening their new arena with a top name. I would be very surprised if handfuls of tickets hadn't gone in lots of different directions.

To be honest, I don't really think that complaining to Leeds council, Live Nation, Leeds arena etc will do any good at all.

An event is happening, the tickets have been sold, job done.

We are passionate about it on here, but in a strict business sense, it is only another event. 6 tickets per person makes a lot of sense - fewer transactions to process, money in the bank for the promoters and then let the fans fight it out on secondary ticket sites.

It won't hurt either. We know that that's the reality of it, but elected officials and businesses still try (occasionally) to look good, or at least they don't like being publicly embarrassed. It may not go anywhere, but it's worth a try.

Do you live in Leeds? Because the general rule is that you should go to the person(s) who have the most to lose if they ignore you, which means first of all your councillor(s) (meaning the ones elected in your ward), and then more high profile people like the Lord Mayor or people whose image would be damaged by a follow-up in the local press in case they do not respond. Unelected people couldn't care less.

An aspect of this is obviously at national level, in that Leeds City Council has no power to police what Ticketmaster/Livenation do because tickets are sold on the internet not just in Leeds, but it is likely that a degree of corruption at local level has been taking place. So I'd suggest that local people start with their ward councillors and escalate from there: if they don't respond you write a letter to the local paper, and then do a press-release (I can help you with that) and try to get the paper run an embarrassing article. The angle needs to be exactly what you said above: the exclusion of honest, working people with average or below average incomes who cannot afford a ticket because these scumbags are allowed to run these scams and tickets are allowed to go to them while the authorities look on etc. etc.. And who knows... it may catch Bruce's eye... :)

I don't live in Leeds I'm Sheffield based but if people point me I the right direction its worth a try. If anyone can help it would be really appreciated. :)

Yo

Apparently it made news in the US when tix went on sale that fans didn't get any.

One can only hope that Bruce tries to do something by clawing tix back and dropping on the night

Thanks

John

I remember doing a work placement years ago at a radio station and there was an event at Sheffield arena over the weekend and they had loads of tickets that were just given out to staff

Yo

Apparently it made news in the US when tix went on sale that fans didn't get any.

One can only hope that Bruce tries to do something by clawing tix back and dropping on the night

Thanks

John

OK, so maybe we're on to something here. Can anybody find some reference for that? It would be great if we had that! We need a list of sponsors, of course First Direct, if we could have numbers and some evidence of tickets being on the secondary market before the actual sale then we could build something. I'm going to be away for a few days, but from next week I'm available to help building a case...

Well fans did clearly get some tickets as many people do actually have tickets. Sadly by selling 6 at a time is is pretty obvious that a lot of 'fans' kept a couple for themselves and stuck the rest on ebay. There were pages of tickets on ebay up for sale and the tickets were in hand so they could only have come from the box office and not online sales.

The second one is very good and useful - thanks!!!. I'm signing off now until Monday, but I'll try and think of something. Do you think the promoter could (at least in theory) do some kind of audit of how many tickets are on sale above face value, and release as many, to undercut the touts? Any ideas?

I think what amy606 is trying to do is realy admirable ,my fear is that local councils and politicians are as corrupt if not more corrupt than the people who decided how to issue the tickets. I realy hope contacting the council etc helps to get some tickets into the hands of real fans.