Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do we have a Bruce picture thread here? I couldn't find one, but I think we should. So even though we maybe have seen most of these before, welcome to the Bruce appreciation thread!

Here's another...wow! 

Patti posted this today. How beautiful...

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Judgeb said:

Looks like Patti gave her man a haircut. 

D20067ED-2E10-4394-965A-CCCB078191D4.jpeg

I just commented on the other thread. 

Just perfect. Amazing eyebrows. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

1974-04-27 Parking Lot, UConn Ice Arena, Storrs, CT.
One show (a four-artist Spring Carnival Extravaganza), held outdoors in the parking lot of the school's Ice Hockey Arena from 1.00pm - 6.00pm. Springsteen was topped-billed but actually opened the show, seeming in order to be able to make it on time to another booked spring carnival show later that evening 60 kilometers away at the University Of Hartford. All four bands played about 90 minute sets and it was an outstanding bill, with funk masters Fatback, Fairport Convention and the always-hot-in-concert Aerosmith (who closed the festivities). And to top it off the whole event was free, including food and drink!

A-Free-Parking-Lot-Concert-at-University-of-Connecticut-today-in-1974-1.thumb.jpg.80a80d9edf59dd5e4a4138b203c527c1.jpg1f6b04416479aeea62a11cc983b3fe60--bruce-springsteen-blind-faith.jpg.6c0e963a0642ef156d6361eda4258ced.jpgA-Free-Parking-Lot-Concert-at-University-of-Connecticut-today-in-1974-2.jpg.a97deda082a40078555235b7fcf17e5f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2

1070120760_BruceignoringHenleywhocantstopgiggliingaftersmokingweedindressingroomHollywoodforRainforestBenefit.thumb.jpg.1986664e003d5e52dfeb7dad7856ef69.jpg

Bruce ignoring Henley who can't stop giggliing after smoking weed in dressing room

Hollywood for Rainforest Benefit

caption by tillywilly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 5/9/2020 at 10:56 AM, el sergio said:

1974-04-27 Parking Lot, UConn Ice Arena, Storrs, CT.
One show (a four-artist Spring Carnival Extravaganza), held outdoors in the parking lot of the school's Ice Hockey Arena from 1.00pm - 6.00pm. Springsteen was topped-billed but actually opened the show, seeming in order to be able to make it on time to another booked spring carnival show later that evening 60 kilometers away at the University Of Hartford. All four bands played about 90 minute sets and it was an outstanding bill, with funk masters Fatback, Fairport Convention and the always-hot-in-concert Aerosmith (who closed the festivities). And to top it off the whole event was free, including food and drink!

A-Free-Parking-Lot-Concert-at-University-of-Connecticut-today-in-1974-1.thumb.jpg.80a80d9edf59dd5e4a4138b203c527c1.jpg1f6b04416479aeea62a11cc983b3fe60--bruce-springsteen-blind-faith.jpg.6c0e963a0642ef156d6361eda4258ced.jpgA-Free-Parking-Lot-Concert-at-University-of-Connecticut-today-in-1974-2.jpg.a97deda082a40078555235b7fcf17e5f.jpg

how weird I looked some of our images up on Google

the last 2 posted got nothing

the lower right image here returned a link

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/559853797401161195/

September 22, 1974, it is the 2nd live show with the 2 newest members of the E Street Band, Max and Roy. Born to Run was still being recorded and the band ...

which is another outdoor show six months later

Kean College, Union, NJ

these pictures not from that show

i went to link and found none of the text above either!

how does google work? 

I am very good at searching, but would like to know more about how it works

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/576038608588196258/

this 09-22-74 to my knowledge

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, tillywilly said:

how weird I looked some of our images up on Google

how does google work? 

I am very good at searching, but would like to know more about how it works

I was searching some 1974 in-the-radio-studio pictures from Bruce on Google when my attention catched this A Free Parking Lot Concert at University of Connecticut today in 1974.

The url link of the picture is dead, but then you can start another search with "A Free Parking Lot Concert at University of Connecticut today in 1974" you will get with more information

When you end up with something surprising you are not looking for in the first place would not call that "searching" but more like "surfing" B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, el sergio said:

I was searching some 1974 in-the-radio-studio pictures from Bruce on Google when my attention catched this A Free Parking Lot Concert at University of Connecticut today in 1974.

The url link of the picture is dead, but then you can start another search with "A Free Parking Lot Concert at University of Connecticut today in 1974" you will get with more information

When you end up with something surprising you are not looking for in the first place would not call that "searching" but more like "surfing" B)

yes amazing

everybody go here

i didnt know Ed took all these familiar pics

I wrote him and told him I write for Brucebase and to send me dates and background

He will probably ignore but whatever

I got all his pics very high quality

website block never stops me haha

I just keep for myself unless i find one i haven't seen here

pics of Diane from her Bradley Beach house late 1972-early 1973

http://www.edgallucciphotography.com/bruce-springsteen/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

am very excitted about finding my signiture pic again 

Bruce-Springsteen.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Lynn Goldsmith Discusses Photographing Rock Legends Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen and Keith Richards

https://americansongwriter.com/photo-gallery-lynn-goldsmith-discusses-photographing-rock-legends-patti-smith-bruce-springsteen-and-keith-richards/

“That leather jacket you see in the photos of Bruce and Frank Zappa…that’s my jacket! Bruce hated that fucking jacket but I took it off and told him to wear it! ” Lynn GoldsmithBruceGoldsmith-1-768x1024.thumb.jpg.022f1dac3c430b23bf2e06bef1b1865a.jpg

• Like 3

Bruce Springsteen fell out with Steven Van Zandt over the lyrics to his song Ain't Got You after his sidekick insisted it was a mistake to brag about his wealth. The Boss sings about his diamonds and gold, priceless art and houses "across the country" in the 1987 track, but the guitarist tells The New Yorker's David Remnick he hated it from the get-go.

Van Zandt recalls, "I'm, like, 'What the f**k is this?' And he's, like, 'Well, what do you mean? It's the truth. It's just who I am, it's my life.' And I'm like, 'This is bulls**t. People don't need you talking about your life. Nobody gives a s**t about your life. They need you for their lives. That's your thing. Giving some logic and reason and sympathy and passion to this cold, fragmented, confusing world - that's your gift. Explaining their lives to them. Their lives, not yours.' "And we fought and fought and fought and fought. He says, 'F**k you,' I say, 'F**k you.' I think something in what I said probably resonated."

1299072811_1XDS0ymRReMtF7UhQYzv6wg.jpeg.7351cc75a3d6667ee1ad82257891e055.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well tonight you step away from me and alone at the alter I stand
As I watch my bride coming down the aisle I pray for the strength to walk like a man

Bruce-Springsteen-sposa-Julianne-Phillips-2.jpg.838a73b83db3bdec9714b5401003a3c7.jpg

Walk like a man, a song about how we try to follow in our parents footsteps, how we look up to them, but when they fail us, we have no idea what to do.

• Like 3
On 6/6/2020 at 12:59 PM, el sergio said:

Bruce Springsteen fell out with Steven Van Zandt over the lyrics to his song Ain't Got You after his sidekick insisted it was a mistake to brag about his wealth. The Boss sings about his diamonds and gold, priceless art and houses "across the country" in the 1987 track, but the guitarist tells The New Yorker's David Remnick he hated it from the get-go.

Van Zandt recalls, "I'm, like, 'What the f**k is this?' And he's, like, 'Well, what do you mean? It's the truth. It's just who I am, it's my life.' And I'm like, 'This is bulls**t. People don't need you talking about your life. Nobody gives a s**t about your life. They need you for their lives. That's your thing. Giving some logic and reason and sympathy and passion to this cold, fragmented, confusing world - that's your gift. Explaining their lives to them. Their lives, not yours.' "And we fought and fought and fought and fought. He says, 'F**k you,' I say, 'F**k you.' I think something in what I said probably resonated."

1299072811_1XDS0ymRReMtF7UhQYzv6wg.jpeg.7351cc75a3d6667ee1ad82257891e055.jpeg

good post

On 6/3/2020 at 9:47 AM, el sergio said:

Lynn Goldsmith Discusses Photographing Rock Legends Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen and Keith Richards

https://americansongwriter.com/photo-gallery-lynn-goldsmith-discusses-photographing-rock-legends-patti-smith-bruce-springsteen-and-keith-richards/

“That leather jacket you see in the photos of Bruce and Frank Zappa…that’s my jacket! Bruce hated that fucking jacket but I took it off and told him to wear it! ” Lynn GoldsmithBruceGoldsmith-1-768x1024.thumb.jpg.022f1dac3c430b23bf2e06bef1b1865a.jpg

Springsteen Access All Areas

I got it!

crazy couple

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - complete
July 16, 1981
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
Tomorrow Coast to Coast

Just after Bruce Springsteen released "The River" in Oct 1980, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers came out with "Hard Promises". My favorite song on the album, and perhaps of all Tom Petty's great catalog, was "A Woman In Love", featuring his lead guitar player and songwriting partner, Mike Campbell. Turns out these two were not done working on the song, because this version, performed in Tom Snyder's TV studio, is different and better than the official video and album track. It's just what Bruce would do if it was his song.

Had to clean up video, audio and sync. My best contribution is always the sound, which is as perfect as I can do, without buzzing, hissing, and suitable for "turning the mother up as far as she can go". The heartbroken man in the song is played by Mike Campbell's guitar, his emotions come pouring out at the end of the song. Benmont Tench is a great keyboard player, too. Hope you enjoy.

You can download or play it on the internet if you are lazy. I advise full screen cranked up all the way.

1981-07-16 Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Tomorrow Coast to Coast

From June 12, 1981 show

So%2520Chuck%252C%2520what%2520the%2520h

"So Chuck, what the heck is a nutcase, and how do you get to be one?" <<<  tom's lines written by tillywilly

• Like 1