Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

Hey folks. Just wondering what plans people have for the Leeds gig? Me and my brother will be getting there the night before. Has a wristband / roll call been mentioned?

I can't wait! Manchester last year was the best I've ever seen the ESB and I think in this smaller venue it could be just as good if not better.

Nick.

This will be the big one for me! Hoping to arrive by the morning of the day before (hopefully on the monday) but realistically it'll be the afternoon of the tuesday. WIth regards to roll calls I have no idea, I assume the normal system will be in place?

Incidentally, I emailed Leeds Arena last week and received this today:

"Hi

Thanks for your email
The space outside the arena is public realm therefore not manned by ourselves
Leeds Arena can not be held responsible for campers and also does not recommend this
Regards
Jenny"
A few people had said that the box office said that people would not be permitted to camp on the days running up to the concert. This clears things up. Sounds like we are able to stay overnight, it's just a question of whether we'll be moved on. I imagine it'll be pretty busy at 3/4 on the wednesday morning as people will be arriving from Cardiff at this time.

Many will be in South Wales the night before but no doubt many will also be in line the night before in Leeds.

The general consensus is that there will be no pit due to the size of the floor.

I would imagine those with GA tickets will get a wristband as you go in to prevent us plebs in the seats invading your space.

I have seats(just glad to have tickets of any sort),But shall be coming down early to hang with the folks in the queue for the chat. Hoping there will be some kind of meet up organised for after the gig to hang with the laker crew

This will be the big one for me! Hoping to arrive by the morning of the day before (hopefully on the monday) but realistically it'll be the afternoon of the tuesday. WIth regards to roll calls I have no idea, I assume the normal system will be in place?

"Hi

Thanks for your email
Leeds Arena can not be held responsible for campers and also does not recommend this
Regards
Jenny"
A few people had said that the box office said that people would not be permitted to camp on the days running up to the concert. This clears things up. Sounds like we are able to stay overnight, it's just a question of whether we'll be moved on. I imagine it'll be pretty busy at 3/4 on the wednesday morning as people will be arriving from Cardiff at this time.

Why would there be a need to camp?. There will be roll calls over and over?

Unless you are not planning to stay in a hotel that is?

The GA area is small, so don't stress it!

"Hi

Thanks for your email
Regards
Jenny"

Why would there be a need to camp?. There will be roll calls over and over?

Unless you are not planning to stay in a hotel that is?

The GA area is small, so don't stress it!

Not stressing. Think it's good to be clear on what's happening before the show though.

I'm not planning on staying in a hotel, I live 10/15 minutes from the arena. It'll be the best chance I have to get right to the front of the GA area and I don't want to mess it up. I'm not expecting to camp because of the roll calls but will if I need to.

I have 3 GA’s, going with my GF and mum. What kind of view (i.e. to the sides or center and back) do you think we will get if we just turn up an hour before the show? I have queued for hours on end in the past but figured with so few standing surely there will not be a bad place to stand?

I have 3 GA’s, going with my GF and mum. What kind of view (i.e. to the sides or center and back) do you think we will get if we just turn up an hour before the show? I have queued for hours on end in the past but figured with so few standing surely there will not be a bad place to stand?

The whole floor looks considerably smaller than the standard "pit" that we have seen in stadiums.

There will be no bad views anywhere but especially from the floor.

Cheap trains from Cardiff to Leeds go on sale this week so I'll judge what I'm doing when I get the times of the cheapest train, I have GA so I'm not too bothered...that will change completely if I find an early train to get in a queue early though

Not stressing. Think it's good to be clear on what's happening before the show though.

I'm not planning on staying in a hotel, I live 10/15 minutes from the arena. It'll be the best chance I have to get right to the front of the GA area and I don't want to mess it up. I'm not expecting to camp because of the roll calls but will if I need to.

thats great you live so close! I want to try and get slap bang in the middle - right at the front. MOT!

thats great you live so close! I want to try and get slap bang in the middle - right at the front. MOT!

Always love seeing MOT at the end of a post!

He's in Cleethorpes though James so MOT just stands for Meggie On Tour

He's in Cleethorpes though James so MOT just stands for Meggie On Tour

haha! meggie on tour / marching on together! where in lincs are you crusty?

Cheap trains from Cardiff to Leeds go on sale this week so I'll judge what I'm doing when I get the times of the cheapest train, I have GA so I'm not too bothered...that will change completely if I find an early train to get in a queue early though

the 10:55 via Bristol Parkway will be carrying all the cool peeps....

Right now I see a fare of £90.60 for the 10:05am and £111.60 for the other off peak trains. Will the prices drop lower than that, or is that pretty much it? Thanks.

the more expensive price is for the trains via Bristol parkway - the cheaper price for via Manchester note the connection times you have for either around 10 minutes to get off one train and onto the next

I would recommed the ones via Bristol Parkway was you get off your first train and your second train will follow it at the SAME platform

if you go via manchester you have to get off at one platform - run all the way down the platform, - run all the way across to the next platform and then run all the way up that platform to get your next train.... in under 10 mins with luggage!

the less running and stress is worth the extra 20 pounds in my opinion

If you check back a week or so earlier (like 18th July), you will see Cardiff to Leeds prices from £20.

These super saver prices get released in daily batches.

Just keep checking on a daily basis.

the more expensive price is for the trains via Bristol parkway - the cheaper price for via Manchester note the connection times you have for either around 10 minutes to get off one train and onto the next

I would recommed the ones via Bristol Parkway was you get off your first train and your second train will follow it at the SAME platform

if you go via manchester you have to get off at one platform - run all the way down the platform, - run all the way across to the next platform and then run all the way up that platform to get your next train.... in under 10 mins with luggage!

If you check back a week or so earlier (like 18th July), you will see Cardiff to Leeds prices from £20.

Thanks to both of you!! You just saved me a bunch of ££ and as we say in these parts, a lot of schlepping. :D

>If you check back a week or so earlier (like 18th July), you will see Cardiff to Leeds prices from £20.

Thanks to both of you!! You just saved me a bunch of ££ and as we say in these parts, a lot of schlepping. :D

no problem spent the first half of my life in the land that drives on the correct side of the road and spent 4 years on trains passing through Bristol Parkway so have fond (and not so fond) memories of changing trains there,,,,

Hi, we`re planning on making the trip by train in a wheelchair.

What happens when you miss your connecting train in Manchester?

as long as your ticket says "any off-peak train" then you just get on the next one an hour later as long as you don't go past the off-peak deadline around 3:30pm

if your ticket is for a specific train and you miss then you have to pay an additional fee to get on another train

Archived