Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

The majority of people who having standing tickets won't arrive until after 4

Have you ever been to a Bruce Springsteen concert?

Of course!

This is different to other gigs - many of the hardcore fans feel that they will get a good spot anywhere if standing so may arrive just before showtime and the casuals will probably not want to queue al day. That's the impression I get anyway.

There will be a number of people there the night before who won't be going to Cardiff, in fact I know people here that have given up their Cardiff ticket to get a great spot at Leeds.

Leeds will be my best chance at getting pretty close to the front (Can get to it easily from Manchester, won't be taking my sister) so I'm going to be getting in for very early in the morning. Would I still be best off going straight to the arena once I get there or waiting till the next organised roll call? I'm assuming there'll be someone still there between roll calls? :)

Would I still be best off going straight to the arena once I get there or waiting till the next organised roll call?

How would you know when the next roll call is without going to the venue?

The majority of people who having standing tickets won't arrive until after 4

Have you ever been to a Bruce Springsteen concert?

Of course!

This is different to other gigs - many of the hardcore fans feel that they will get a good spot anywhere if standing so may arrive just before showtime and the casuals will probably not want to queue al day. That's the impression I get anyway.

There will be a number of people there the night before who won't be going to Cardiff, in fact I know people here that have given up their Cardiff ticket to get a great spot at Leeds.

I've done that. Will go down everyday from the saturday before to see how it's looking and then decide when to get a number.

Hopefully,Leeds Arena will play ball with rollcalls,allowing overnight queueing etc and allow a party atmosphere to prevail rather than employ a bunch of jobsworth security staff.

I have seats(glad to have anything at all for this one),but hope it all runs smoothly for the GA crew.Maybe someone with experience of the roll call system could call them beforehand and explain how its worked elsewhere etc rather than them just being confronted with a "self run" system for the first time? I have a feeling that security may be more inclined to be happier with it if they are prewarned rather than it just "happening"?

On the WOAD tour at hampden,I think the fiasco at hampden was mainly because the security saw ordinary punters operating a queue system and just thought "we aint having this"

On the WOAD tour at hampden,I think the fiasco at hampden was mainly because the security saw ordinary punters operating a queue system and just thought "we aint having this"

Being one of those punters, I can confirm that is exactly what happened.

I got to go into the Security managers office for a meeting on the morning of the gig.

It was farcical.

"I don't care what happens elsewhere", "We do not do barriers here" and "I make the rules here" were said numerous times.

The other classic was "don't worry, you will all get in" FFS! We know that you twat, we have tickets.

The above is exactly why I will not be in Jockland this summer.

Hopefully,Leeds Arena will play ball with rollcalls,allowing overnight queueing etc and allow a party atmosphere to prevail rather than employ a bunch of jobsworth security staff.

I have seats(glad to have anything at all for this one),but hope it all runs smoothly for the GA crew.Maybe someone with experience of the roll call system could call them beforehand and explain how its worked elsewhere etc rather than them just being confronted with a "self run" system for the first time? I have a feeling that security may be more inclined to be happier with it if they are prewarned rather than it just "happening"?

It's not that big a deal, the floor is tiny compared to normal. If there are 4k in the pit at Wembley, there is less than that on the whole of the floor of Leeds Arena.

Being one of those punters, I can confirm that is exactly what happened.

I got to go into the Security managers office for a meeting on the morning of the gig.

It was farcical.

"I don't care what happens elsewhere", "We do not do barriers here" and "I make the rules here" were said numerous times.

The other classic was "don't worry, you will all get in" FFS! We know that you twat, we have tickets.

The above is exactly why I will not be in Jockland this summer.

Meant to add this to the above!!!!!

So you won't be in Jockland but will go to the English shows despite the Manchester debacle?

I find your "Jockland" remark offensive and if I'm honest, you won't be missed either.

Same stadium is the key there, Etihad is not on the agenda this year.

I would have no issue in going to a different stadium up there.

Re Jockland, with all that is going on in the world today, that honestly offends you? Get a grip man, you and your 5 exclamation marks are embarrassing yourself.

Same stadium is the key there, Etihad is not on the agenda this year.

I would have no issue in going to a different stadium up there.

Re Jockland, with all that is going on in the world today, that honestly offends you? Get a grip man, you and your 5 exclamation marks are embarrassing yourself.

The exclamation marks were there to admit and highlight my inability to post on this forum.

The only thing I am embarrassed about, in hindsight, is taking the bait set by a tosser such as yourself.

What is this whole thing with people being offended? So what, be offended - nothing happens. I'd hate to live in a world where no one criticises or offends anyone else.

No offence if I offended anyone with that comment.

What is this whole thing with people being offended? So what, be offended - nothing happens. I'd hate to live in a world where no one criticises or offends anyone else.

i'm offended by that !

i'm offended by that !

I am offended that you are offended,you shall be hearing from my solicitors messrs Jock,Jock and Jock

i'm offended by that !

I am offended that you are offended,you shall be hearing from my solicitors messrs Jock,Jock and Jock

i'm offended that you're ...... ach soddit - bruce is touring !

what's the problem with scotch people,could it be the iron brew

That'll be Scots not scotch (though we export a lot of that) and irn bru not iron brew.

You've obviously not been eating enough meat so no pudding for you!

i liked the ex Leeds United Jock Stein, think he was Scotchish ;):) every male from South Yorkshire area are known as Judd,a character out of Kes wouldnt understand them if they were offended,probably gi mi sum shoe thats what they'ed do thanuz

Archived