Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

Didn't take long for scots to take the bait re-scotch,anyway I'm going to taffy land soon.

They'll welcome you with open arms no doubt, just as we would as long as you bring that wicked, clever sense of humour and intellect that you ably demonstrate with your recent posts.

Didn't take long for scots to take the bait re-scotch,anyway I'm going to taffy land soon.

They'll welcome you with open arms no doubt, just as we would as long as you bring that wicked, clever sense of humour and intellect that you ably demonstrate with your recent posts.

Bill Hicks resurrected I would say.

Morning all from a Jock. It's a lovely sunny day here in Jockland, no offence taken I hope by that reference.

B)

russabbot0709_228x411.jpg

I've just had a weekend in Edinburgh, got talking to this girl in the bar who thought the hats with the red hair was racist. :o

And she had dreadlocks!

I thought, how can it be racist when they're sold in Scotland?

Morning all from a Jock. It's a lovely sunny day here in Jockland, no offence taken I hope by that reference.

B)

russabbot0709_228x411.jpg

I've just had a weekend in Edinburgh, got talking to this girl in the bar who thought the hats with the red hair was racist. :o

And she had dreadlocks!

I thought, how can it be racist when they're sold in Scotland?

They might be gingerist.

Returning to the subject of Leeds Arena.

There's another open day on 22 June. Free tickets available at http://fdarenaopenday.eventbrite.co.uk/

It looks like it's going to be some sort of test event.

There's another open day on 22 June. Free tickets available at http://fdarenaopenday.eventbrite.co.uk/

Great, taking wife, son & mum :)

Would love to go but Can't make it but noticed there is only standing left, if it where a Bruce gig they would be first to go :huh:

Please please can you ask them if they intend to segregate the standing area into two parts with a metal barrier - dont say a pit it will confuse them!

Please please can you ask them if they intend to segregate the standing area into two parts with a metal barrier - dont say a pit it will confuse them!

I really think that will be doubtful, these are normally used to control large crowds, not going to needed. I'd be amazed if they do.

This issue with asking this far in advance is that people don't know. I remember phoning the Stadium of LIght at leats twice last year and asked on both occasions, both times the answer was no.

Does anyone know what happened to the tribute band from Yorkshire "Born To Run," they used to play fairly regularly in Leeds at The New Roscoe but have been off the radar for a long time.

They are (were) rather good.

Does anyone know what happened to the tribute band from Yorkshire "Born To Run," they used to play fairly regularly in Leeds at The New Roscoe but have been off the radar for a long time.

They are (were) rather good.

Packed it in a few years back. Shame. Had some great nights out with them.

I really think that will be doubtful, these are normally used to control large crowds, not going to needed. I'd be amazed if they do.

I would be amazed too but if they intend to only let say 500 in section one (pit) and 2000 in section 2 behind barriers it would be helpful to know before the day of the show!

If you have the front row of the 100 block seats it's still not as good as a GA

Well that depends on your definition of 'good'.

If you mean close but crowded then you're probably right but thanks to the efforts wonderful Bruce bud WG19 I have tkts in the front row of the 100's (wheelchair spaces actually, near Clarences corner of the stage) and from the pics I've seen of the arena I'm hopeful it will be the best view and sound - not so close to the front the sound is distorted like some venues can be - I've ever had in my 45 concerts.

I would be stunned if they didn't have a pit. They have a pit in Turku and other small venues. It is part of standard Bruce venue advice. It is not just about the number of people on the floor but also about stopping people in the seats joining the people on the floor and causing crushing in the stage area. I would put money on a pit for Leeds. Not long to go until you find out though.

Still after a GA ticket if anyone knows of any spares it'll be a pressie for my 30th off the parents but think my chances are slim :(

I would be stunned if they didn't have a pit. They have a pit in Turku and other small venues. It is part of standard Bruce venue advice. It is not just about the number of people on the floor but also about stopping people in the seats joining the people on the floor and causing crushing in the stage area. I would put money on a pit for Leeds. Not long to go until you find out though.

Don't think Brisbane did though, at least one Aus venue didn't. It had an open GA area with seats behind it.

Archived