Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

I would be stunned if they didn't have a pit. They have a pit in Turku and other small venues. It is part of standard Bruce venue advice. It is not just about the number of people on the floor but also about stopping people in the seats joining the people on the floor and causing crushing in the stage area. I would put money on a pit for Leeds. Not long to go until you find out though.

That's not really the same thing though. If they really think that situation can't be handled by stewarding, then any barrier would be between the seating and standing areas, not dividing the standing area into two, surely?

I would be stunned if they didn't have a pit. They have a pit in Turku and other small venues. It is part of standard Bruce venue advice. It is not just about the number of people on the floor but also about stopping people in the seats joining the people on the floor and causing crushing in the stage area. I would put money on a pit for Leeds. Not long to go until you find out though.

That's not really the same thing though. If they really think that situation can't be handled by stewarding, then any barrier would be between the seating and standing areas, not dividing the standing area into two, surely?

The Leeds design actually means there's a ruddy great drop between the seating and standing areas. To get from the seats to the floor you'd need to smuggle in a ladder.

Were there pits for the SSB shows? I never queued up for any wristbands at Hammersmith Apollo or wembley arena and I know I was about 5 rows from the front at the side of the stage

There were no pits at the 9 shows we went to.

Were there pits for the SSB shows? I never queued up for any wristbands at Hammersmith Apollo or wembley arena and I know I was about 5 rows from the front at the side of the stage

So if there was no less than 2500 people standing surely same would apply to Leeds.

Pits at Wembley and Birningham

Apparently there is to be a pit at Leeds but there is only room for 6 people. Numbers will be allocated and then a dice rolled to determine which number will be granted entry first. A photo of the pit area being prepared is attached.

That brand new arena looked so much better in previous pics....

Apparently there is to be a pit at Leeds but there is only room for 6 people. Numbers will be allocated and then a dice rolled to determine which number will be granted entry first. A photo of the pit area being prepared is attached.

The most recent:

426742_615177655168215_1618082861_n.jpg

The most recent:

426742_615177655168215_1618082861_n.jpg

that grass needs cut,jus sayin

Ah, seeing the grass from that angle, maybe not so good for the tents. :o

It's newly turfed so they probably need to let it get established before they cut it.

(A sensible answer? I need a lie down!)

Ah, seeing the grass from that angle, maybe not so good for the tents. :o

It's newly turfed so they probably need to let it get established before they cut it.

(A sensible answer? I need a lie down!)

Nah, the tents are up, they just put the grass over 'em ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the open day.

There will be a pit.

Camping is allowed.

GA is 3000.

No free beer unfortunately!

They're going to put some FAQs on the site next week.

I felt the sound was good although the bands were too loud and it was difficult to make out what the lyrics etc. I suppose this is due to the quality of the bands and Springsteen's crew will be able to fix this.

Pictures to follow.

Agree about the sound.Instrumentally it seemed very clear but the vocals were a bit drowned.

Very impressed with the place overall, good views, decent leg room and comfy seats that I hope will be redundant on the 24th.

From Ticketmaster website

Leeds Arena, 24th July

We've received the tickets in for this show and we're just waiting for the go ahead to start printing, so you'll receive the tickets a bit nearer the time. Keep checking back here for updates!

Archived