Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

I first asked how big the GA floor was, to which he replied 3000. I then asked whether there would be a barrier separating the GA floor into two and he said that he thinks there probably will be one. So I'm 90% sure there will be one. There is still a chance that I wasn't clear with my questions but I definitely didn't mention the word pit to him to stop confusion.

They have pits in all the USA arenas, many of which have similar GA floor sizes.

So he is guessing and doesn't really know? Not one venue in the US has an oval type GA area. It will be interesting how they build one in for sure if it happens.

Look how a pit normally is built and think how it would work in that configuration? If there is one, I will be very happy indeed.

i asked two people, one was fairly high up. The first said potentially yes so wasn't too clear and the second was fairly certain - it was the way he said it.

I first asked how big the GA floor was, to which he replied 3000. I then asked whether there would be a barrier separating the GA floor into two and he said that he thinks there probably will be one. So I'm 90% sure there will be one. There is still a chance that I wasn't clear with my questions but I definitely didn't mention the word pit to him to stop confusion.

They have pits in all the USA arenas, many of which have similar GA floor sizes.

So he is guessing and doesn't really know? Not one venue in the US has an oval type GA area. It will be interesting how they build one in for sure if it happens.

Look how a pit normally is built and think how it would work in that configuration? If there is one, I will be very happy indeed.

i asked two people, one was fairly high up. The first said potentially yes so wasn't too clear and the second was fairly certain - it was the way he said it.

Wouldn't Bruce' camp have the final say in this? No matter how any arena isbuilt, and where it would be, I can't see them doing it any diffrent. And keep in mind that while the standard stadium pit holds 3000, the standard arena pit holds only 300.

An arena on the OZ leg had a standing area with no pit. Either way if you have GA there, you are laughing !

I'll sell mine for 1k.

The shows downunder had the 'US arena setup' (or the MSG setup anyway), with the pit being the only standing area in the house and seats on the floor behind the pit.

LUFC James, I think you may have been sitting in my seat to take one of your pics. It's the one that's furthest away from the stage :lol:

Not quite I think. I had a standing ticket for today but walked up to have a look and take some pics. I can see why you thought it was your seat though, every seat is very close to all other seats! :lol:

put an ad on gumtree looking for a ga, got a reply saying this guy had 2.

emailed him back there "hi stephen, where about are you"

he replied "hi billy, at home now,just in from the town, thanks."

Be careful with gumtree I've heard a few horror stories off friends. I looked at the adverts for people selling on gumtree and emailed the person selling and got a warning message off gumtree so had a lucky escape.

The longer you manage to keep cool and wait, the cheaper you will get a ticket outside the arena.

although hopefully Leeds arena set down an early marker and chase touts away from the environs of the arena grounds,preferably with electric cattle prods.

The longer you manage to keep cool and wait, the cheaper you will get a ticket outside the arena.

although hopefully Leeds arena set down an early marker and chase touts away from the environs of the arena grounds,preferably with electric cattle prods.

Yeah, but most likely that will only move them out in the streets around the arena, much like the streets outside the Premier League grounds on matchdays.

I remember one story from a while back, I think it was probably somewhere in Germany(?), where the cops, put the scalpers in the ground, took all their tickets and gave them away to however need a ticket on site.

The Arena are pretty guilty of adding to the shortage of tickets by allowing people to queue up and buy 6 tickets each. Unbelievable decision.

The Arena are pretty guilty of adding to the shortage of tickets by allowing people to queue up and buy 6 tickets each. Unbelievable decision.

Totally agree with that I figure around 10% or more ended up on ebay, seatwave etc. I emailed Live Nation on the matter and they say it was a tiny proportion of touts buying tikcets. But if it was four max just think how many tickets would have gone to fans

Totally agree,however,I am a great believer in people learning from their mistakes. The arena have 2 ways to go now,they can carry on as they did before,or they can listen to the concerns of fans from this point onwards. Ban touts from their property,engage with fans queuing in a friendly manner as the ricoh did on Thursday and if there are extra tickets available before 24th july,not repeat their mistake.Nothing can be done to change what happened in the initial stages,if they simply ignore all the feedback they have had on this issue in future,that would be unforgiveable.

Be careful with gumtree I've heard a few horror stories off friends. I looked at the adverts for people selling on gumtree and emailed the person selling and got a warning message off gumtree so had a lucky escape.

Yeah bit nervy looking at gumtree mate, going to try to wait till the drop.

whats the odds id get a GA outside the venue?

Yeah bit nervy looking at gumtree mate, going to try to wait till the drop.

whats the odds id get a GA outside the venue?

Im hoping and praying for either a drop or to pick up outside the venue after being let do by someone when tickets went on sale. :(

Totally agree with amyj606 im gutted not to be going to leeds and I know I could pay extortionate prices to an agency but I just cant justify it. Its a complete farce how the tickets were initially distributed. I think im gonna try my luck on the night cos I dont live far from leeds but I dread to think what the scummy touts will be asking for a ticket

Its such a shit isn't it? I just think if it had been 4 tickets per person that a few more fans would have tickets in their hands rather than the touts. :(

I would thoroughly recommend getting tickets to Cardiff now, if you were waiting on Leeds, before they all go as well. There are a lot if people shut out and there won't be enough tickets for everyone what ever happens.

Archived