Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

The 2 reasons that I'm excited about Leeds is that it's indoors (last time Brucie played indoors in England was 2007, 02?) and it's a smaller crowd. That's all. I reckon the excitement for this show is mainly just that - INDOORS.

Cardiff will be indoors too :D

Do we know whether the roof will be closed?

We were there in 2008, when the flippin' roof was open :lol: Brilliant show as we all know!

Hey, is this turning into a Cardiff fred? :o

From what the architects claim no matter where you sit in the Leeds Arena you will not be more than 100m from the stage. Personally I don't see the point of a pit area in such a small standing area and would never miss Cardiff just to be a few feet closer to the stage at Leeds.

From what the architects claim no matter where you sit in the Leeds Arena you will not be more than 100m from the stage. Personally I don't see the point of a pit area in such a small standing area and would never miss Cardiff just to be a few feet closer to the stage at Leeds.

You are unlikely to be more than 100 metres from the stage in Cardiff either. Half a pitch is only 60 metres.

what websites are selling the tickets ,i mean above face value type sites

Seatwave, viagogo, get me in and stub hub but all at vastly inflated prices

It's better than that.

100m would be outside the building. It's between 60m and 70m.

Wouldn't Bruce' camp have the final say in this? No matter how any arena isbuilt, and where it would be, I can't see them doing it any diffrent. And keep in mind that while the standard stadium pit holds 3000, the standard arena pit holds only 300.

Standard arena pit probably holds closer to 500-600.

This forum right from the start has created the ridiculous expectation and demand for Leeds. It is an indoor arena show just like the ones he played in Turku (memorable no I guess not and that was a smaller venue than this one). People are panicking and talking about paying crazy money for tickets. There is nothing to suggest (no matter what anybody says) that this gig will be better than any other gig on this tour. Bruce does something for everybody wherever he goes. I have never got the fuss over this gig and I could have bought tickets when they went on sale as I did get through and then changed my mind. Briefly thought about getting a ticket after Wembley but after Coventry thought I couldn't take another crowd like that so opted for Rome.

People need to calm down about this gig. It won't be any different. It's Bruce and he is always great but Leeds won't make him more so.

You say Turku wasn't memorable. I don't know if you were there, I wasn't but sure would have liked to have been. Wages Of Sin at the 2nd show was amazing and a look at that setlist shows it was one of the better best ones this year.

Turku was definitely memorable. ;):)

cheers mate, appreciate the help, are these sites safe aye?

You take your chances. Don't expect help from them if it goes Pete Tong.

Wouldn't Bruce' camp have the final say in this? No matter how any arena isbuilt, and where it would be, I can't see them doing it any diffrent. And keep in mind that while the standard stadium pit holds 3000, the standard arena pit holds only 300.

This forum right from the start has created the ridiculous expectation and demand for Leeds. It is an indoor arena show just like the ones he played in Turku (memorable no I guess not and that was a smaller venue than this one). People are panicking and talking about paying crazy money for tickets. There is nothing to suggest (no matter what anybody says) that this gig will be better than any other gig on this tour. Bruce does something for everybody wherever he goes. I have never got the fuss over this gig and I could have bought tickets when they went on sale as I did get through and then changed my mind. Briefly thought about getting a ticket after Wembley but after Coventry thought I couldn't take another crowd like that so opted for Rome.

People need to calm down about this gig. It won't be any different. It's Bruce and he is always great but Leeds won't make him more so.

You say Turku wasn't memorable. I don't know if you were there, I wasn't but sure would have liked to have been. Wages Of Sin at the 2nd show was amazing and a look at that setlist shows it was one of the better best ones this year.

YES - I did both shows at Turku, good couple of nights - not Paris last year standard BUT give me indoor shows (by any artist) any day of the week..........YES Bruce DOES always put on a great show (and Wembley & Coventry this past week have been "Living Proof" - I wasn't at Hampden) but I think the whole point as to why folks are VERY excited about Leeds (and I've been looking forward to it out of my 8 this summer) is because of the venue, it's indoors, it looks fab, there will be no wind, no rain, hopefully guaranteed terrific sound - so - you know all of that is in place (there's no lottery) and THEN you add Bruce Springsteen & ESB!!!!.........of course people are looking forward to it!!!

YES - I did both shows at Turku, good couple of nights - not Paris last year standard BUT give me indoor shows (by any artist) any day of the week..........YES Bruce DOES always put on a great show (and Wembley & Coventry this past week have been "Living Proof" - I wasn't at Hampden) but I think the whole point as to why folks are VERY excited about Leeds (and I've been looking forward to it out of my 8 this summer) is because of the venue, it's indoors, it looks fab, there will be no wind, no rain, hopefully guaranteed terrific sound - so - you know all of that is in place (there's no lottery) and THEN you add Bruce Springsteen & ESB!!!!.........of course people are looking forward to it!!!

I get that people are excited but some people are so excited they are willing to pay hundreds to get in the building. That is a little over excited in my book. He played a festival tonight for nearly 31/2 hours and did a terrific setlist. You can never pick the shows. Bruce surprises people all the time.

cheers mate, appreciate the help, are these sites safe aye?

You take your chances. Don't expect help from them if it goes Pete Tong.

And remember that you are validating scumbag "legitimate" touts when you do....

Concur. Fair enough if you never had any intention of going to Cardiff, but to decide to sell your ticket (like many will have done) just to get a few feet closer is bonkers.

Concur. Fair enough if you never had any intention of going to Cardiff, but to decide to sell your ticket (like many will have done) just to get a few feet closer is bonkers.

Each to their own I say, but once I had my Leeds ticket secured and the week off I started looking into Cardiff as well. Allready travelling from Norway, I'd prefer to see both Cardiff and Leeds rather than being only a few feet closer to the sage in Leeds. Fit Bruce' gigantic stage into that building and what's left of that floor ain't much more than the size of a stadium pit anyway -if that even.

I used stub hub to get a Coventry ticket about 4 or 5 weeks ago. Not ripped off at £50 inclding UPS delivery. Caution - you WILL pay way over the odds for Leeds....maybe I got lucky with the Cov ticket.

Archived