Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

Hi, we`re planning on making the trip by train in a wheelchair.

What happens when you miss your connecting train in Manchester?

So long as you ticket for that part of the journey isn't restricted to a particular train, trains to Leeds are every 20 minutes.

Not stressing. Think it's good to be clear on what's happening before the show though.

I'm not planning on staying in a hotel, I live 10/15 minutes from the arena. It'll be the best chance I have to get right to the front of the GA area and I don't want to mess it up. I'm not expecting to camp because of the roll calls but will if I need to.

thats great you live so close! I want to try and get slap bang in the middle - right at the front. MOT!

Always love seeing MOT at the end of a post!

He's in Cleethorpes though James so MOT just stands for Meggie On Tour

haha! meggie on tour / marching on together! where in lincs are you crusty?

Scunny here, born in Cleethorpes though, that's how I knew the Meggie bit

I have 3 GA’s, going with my GF and mum. What kind of view (i.e. to the sides or center and back) do you think we will get if we just turn up an hour before the show? I have queued for hours on end in the past but figured with so few standing surely there will not be a bad place to stand?

Exactly. There will not be a bad view. Out of say 3,000 floor spaces, how many people will know about roll calls etc? The majority don't spend time on these boards.

the more expensive price is for the trains via Bristol parkway - the cheaper price for via Manchester note the connection times you have for either around 10 minutes to get off one train and onto the next

I would recommed the ones via Bristol Parkway was you get off your first train and your second train will follow it at the SAME platform

if you go via manchester you have to get off at one platform - run all the way down the platform, - run all the way across to the next platform and then run all the way up that platform to get your next train.... in under 10 mins with luggage!

the less running and stress is worth the extra 20 pounds in my opinion

If you check back a week or so earlier (like 18th July), you will see Cardiff to Leeds prices from £20.

These super saver prices get released in daily batches.

Just keep checking on a daily basis.

Thanks to both of you!! You just saved me a bunch of ££ and as we say in these parts, a lot of schlepping. :D

The prices will drop this week, the first lot of cheap tickets come out 12 weeks before you want to travel I think

I have 3 GA’s, going with my GF and mum. What kind of view (i.e. to the sides or center and back) do you think we will get if we just turn up an hour before the show? I have queued for hours on end in the past but figured with so few standing surely there will not be a bad place to stand?

Exactly. There will not be a bad view. Out of say 3,000 floor spaces, how many people will know about roll calls etc? The majority don't spend time on these boards.

How long would i have to turn up before the gig for the roll call? And how exactly does the process work?

the more expensive price is for the trains via Bristol parkway - the cheaper price for via Manchester note the connection times you have for either around 10 minutes to get off one train and onto the next

I would recommed the ones via Bristol Parkway was you get off your first train and your second train will follow it at the SAME platform

if you go via manchester you have to get off at one platform - run all the way down the platform, - run all the way across to the next platform and then run all the way up that platform to get your next train.... in under 10 mins with luggage!

If you check back a week or so earlier (like 18th July), you will see Cardiff to Leeds prices from £20.

ockquote>

Thanks to both of you!! You just saved me a bunch of ££ and as we say in these parts, a lot of schlepping. :D

The prices will drop this week, the first lot of cheap tickets come out 12 weeks before you want to travel I think

The cheap ones will go quick - remember there will be a lot of people looking for Cardiff>>Leeds train tickets that day and there are only so many cheap ones.

ockquote>

The cheap ones will go quick - remember there will be a lot of people looking for Cardiff>>Leeds train tickets that day and there are only so many cheap ones.

Can someone delete this info 'till I get my tickets please :)

I have not seen any evidence that the Monday and Tuesday super saver tickets have been released yet.

Not spotted the cheaper ones yet either, they should be due any time now though

Hi, we`re planning on making the trip by train in a wheelchair.

What happens when you miss your connecting train in Manchester?

If you miss your connection because the train is late then it is that train operator's responsibility to get you to your destination. Normally they will just put you on the next available train. This is the case even if you have brought separate tickets for different parts of your journey because it is cheaper to do so.

One thing you should do (and you may know this) is make the train companies aware that you are in a wheelchair - that way they can reserve you places in the right carriage and arrange for assistance to help you get on and off the train and help you make any connections you need to make.

Anyone know how close the arena is to completion inside and the final certificates being issued? My concern has always been that it isn't ready on time for Bruce given that it was brought forward just for this event

Thank you James :) I just want something quick in case we arrive late and have trouble parking.

HelloNewman,everywhere is north of England to me,i'm on the pebbles of the English Channel,are you suggesting the north all eat fast food.

HelloNewman,everywhere is north of England to me,i'm on the pebbles of the English Channel,are you suggesting the north all eat fast food.

We have been known to dabble in it:

article-0-068D7210000005DC-410_634x766.j

We have been known to dabble in it:

article-0-068D7210000005DC-410_634x766.j

I believe this is in Brighton? I think it;s the largest breakfast in the UK. They call is the Kids breakfast apparently, not because it's for kids, but because it weighs the same as a small child!

Archived