Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

Does Tony from FD Arena know what "we" are referring to as the "pit" (in this instance) - or - is he just confirming YES - there is a general GA standing area at this concert (ie. it isn't a fully seated show) and if we want to refer to it as the pit (as many concert goers do) that's fine........but we mean something else!

Can he confirm that there will be a segregated "separate" standing area (at the front) with restricted numbers in it - and then the rest of the GA will be behind this, filling the rest of the floor, all of which is Standing!

Does Tony from FD Arena know what "we" are referring to as the "pit" (in this instance) - or - is he just confirming YES - there is a general GA standing area at this concert (ie. it isn't a fully seated show) and if we want to refer to it as the pit (as many concert goers do) that's fine........but we mean something else!

Can he confirm that there will be a segregated "separate" standing area (at the front) with restricted numbers in it - and then the rest of the GA will be behind this, filling the rest of the floor, all of which is Standing!

He does know, but has chosen not to elaborate on the details. Which has made me wonder if the configuration may be different from usual. There are other possibilities.

The view from Block 329

998403_636401986379115_1405046260_n.png

Did you create that pic & text? I just looked for a feature on the Leeds arena website to put in your tkt no & see the view but I couldn't find it. Yes I know they say all views good from any seat, I'm just curious.

I nicked it from their Facebook page.https://www.facebook.com/firstdirectarena?fref=ts

I think they don't know at present for a certain reason.

That seems to be the case. If the final arrangements were known there is no reason why Tony would not have announced them.

I think we can safely assume that he has not been promoted from tea boy to be manager of a brand new Arena, clearly he is experienced in this business and when he says there will be a pit we should accept that he knows what he's talking about.

The pit will hold around 600.

That's what I was expecting. None of the 600 would have gone to Cardiff (unless about 2500 of the GA ticket holders are going to Cardiff, then there might be about 100 spaces left to take for the quickest to get away after the show /insane enough to leave the show early). I will be getting to Leeds at around 2pm so will be in the 2400 Pit 2 and I will get in the arena about 6.30pm after a pub visit.

Thought it was about due. Any idea who's running it? Just curious

Is it you Steve ;). Maybe Nick Hewer now he's got his personal invite

Or this guy on twitter

@CEO_HunsletClub: Just received an invite from Keith Wakefield leader of LCC to Bruce Springsteen concert at Leeds Arena, very honoured #needtolearnsomesongs

Or this guy on twitter

@CEO_HunsletClub: Just received an invite from Keith Wakefield leader of LCC to Bruce Springsteen concert at Leeds Arena, very honoured #needtolearnsomesongs

or this nice lady

Very excited to be a Leeds ambassador for First Direct Arena- Bruce Springsteen next Wednesday here we come :)

Or this guy on twitter

or this nice lady

kazia knight@sandringhampark15h

Very excited to be a Leeds ambassador for First Direct Arena- Bruce Springsteen next Wednesday here we come :)

#wetakecareofourown

Gaucho Leeds is delighted to announce that we are offering bespoke dinner and show experiences in association with First Direct Arena. Gaucho Leeds will be bringing the glamour and sophistication to our own suite in the new 13,000 seater venue. Your experience will include :

- Champagne reception at Gaucho Leeds
- 3 course dinner in our private dining room including drinks
- Transfer to the arena
- Tickets to the show in our 16 capacity suite including suite attendant and drinks

The first show kicks off with the legendary Bruce Springsteen on Wednesday 24th July with plenty of shows throughout the year.

For more information and to book please contact Amie Giardino on 07976 936 338 or email : amie.giardino@gauchorestaurants.com

This might be sold out now.

I'd quite like to know how many tickets have gone to guests and dignitries ie everyone except the general public.

As this facility is owned by the public, even if it is effectively leased to a private body for the evening, at the very least there is a duty of disclosure as to how many tickets have gone to Council staff and their guests...

Tony can you help?

Just over 300 tickets have been purchased by corporate members on an annual basis. No free tickets have been given to anyone, all have been purchased. Handful of people who do a huge amount for local charities have been given tickets by us and the council. We have bought these at face value.

that's helpful thanks - but who are "us" - are you a public body?

and if the Council have bought them (for whoever have received them), presumably that is from the Council ie tax payers' budget?

How many tickets are we talking about? As there are 2 distinct issues here - use of public funds and availability of tickets for the public to buy?

Many thanks

that's helpful thanks - but who are "us" - are you a public body?

and if the Council have bought them (for whoever have received them), presumably that is from the Council ie tax payers' budget?

How many tickets are we talking about? As there are 2 distinct issues here - use of public funds and availability of tickets for the public to buy?

Many thanks

Us, refers to SMG Europe, the tenants of the building. The council don't control or have access to any free tickets.

SMG Europe pay a commercial rent to the council. We control all elements of the arena and it's strategy and policy.

In fairness, I've already been very candid on this issue, which is a non-issue. Any LCC employee has purchased their ticket like any other member of the public. We have purchased a small number of tickets to support local charities and organisations.

The availability of tickets at the on sale was total, except for the corporate annual seats which is the same as any other arena and stadium operation.

The demand for tickets and this uniqueness of what's to come is the reason for the challenges getting tickets. We could have done three nights and not had enough tickets.

It will be a great show, as will Cardiff the night before and I hope to meet some of you over the coming days.

Thanks - presumably if the Council have leased SMG Europe the building this would have been on commercial terms, but there would be covenants, ensuring that interests of the good people of Leeds are protected in their capacity as [potential] attendees of events (and of course the ultimate owners of the building).

How many tickets have the Council bought?

The Council is compelled to disclose this information, at the very least pursuant to a Freedom of information Act request, and probably under their general duty to account for use of public funds, and if they sought to withhold this information until after the event had taken place it would look very bad.

Archived