Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East

Leeds Arena

Any body planning on hanging out at the box office hoping for drops?

Very, very tempted but I just don't think it'll happen & I'm not prepared to cough up hundreds of pounds on a tout ticket which will quite likely be a fake in any case.

If I lived a little bit closer to Leeds I'd certainly do it.

Wonder what the sound is like outside the venue...

Same thought occurred to me, but then I remembered something about the place having next generation soundproofing. Maybe a stethoscope job?

Very, very tempted but I just don't think it'll happen & I'm not prepared to cough up hundreds of pounds on a tout ticket which will quite likely be a fake in any case.

I even considered this too :D

But soon realised it would be akin to some kind of Chinese water torture ...straining to hear the song..the thud of a kick drum at best..the noise of passing traffic etc..

It'd drive me insane.

All the best to you if you chance it. Hope you get in.

Have you considered storming the gates?

I even considered this too :D

But soon realised it would be akin to some kind of Chinese water torture ...straining to hear the song..the thud of a kick drum at best..the noise of passing traffic etc..

It'd drive me insane.

All the best to you if you chance it. Hope you get in.

Have you considered storming the gates?

Did consider that, but not sure how well I'd do in a Leeds jail...

Same thought occurred to me, but then I remembered something about the place having next generation soundproofing. Maybe a stethoscope job?

It was described as being 100% soundproofed, hence no curfew.

Any sign of any touts yet? Have any venue staff said what their/the council/the police's attitude will be to them? May I humbly suggest public flogging followed by a good kicking.

Leeds train station... I have no accommodation. .. just got a spare ticket. .. but worried about no accommodation after the show.

. Is the station waiting room open very early ie my train home is 3.30 am is it safe to wait there for 4 hours?

Leeds train station... I have no accommodation. .. just got a spare ticket. .. but worried about no accommodation after the show.

. Is the station waiting room open very early ie my train home is 3.30 am is it safe to wait there for 4 hours?

Find a very late opening bar and go there.........most stations lock the doors between last trains and first trains these days.

I spent a very uncomfortable night at Manchester Piccadilly after the 1999 NEC show (and an even worse one at Brum New Street in 1983 after an Ozzy gig - November and bloody freezing) :)

Hello all. Anyone looking for last minute accommodation, the uni have a great value but plus hotel just five minutes from the arena. https://www.meetinleeds.co.uk/shortbreaks.php There are rooms free for Wednesday and they're under £50. (Not on commission - these guys have been fab for sorting out a place for my crew to stay)

In arena land, we are putting the final touches to the arena.

It's been great to meet the queues over the last few days and they share my excitement for the gig. See you tomorrow.

Morning all, as the forecast is shitty today, i hope the roll calls go ok.

Tony, good luck testing the weather proofing of the building today, at least tomorrow looks better. You weren't around when I came over on Sunday to do a recce of where everything is, but the two female arena staff & security guy i talked too were all so helpful, friendly & welcoming, a real change from most similar places. Hope you get to meet Bruce tomorrow as part of your duties.

Assistance please ..... when does the queue cease being the roll call queue and begin being the "general" queue. In other words, I cannot queue for roll call becasue I have 5 friends working all day Wednesday - thus I need to hold a place in the "other general" queue for when they join me at 5pm. Can anyone help me please?????

* my tickets are GA btw.

Assistance please ..... when does the queue cease being the roll call queue and begin being the "general" queue. In other words, I cannot queue for roll call becasue I have 5 friends working all day Wednesday - thus I need to hold a place in the "other general" queue for when they join me at 5pm. Can anyone help me please?????

* my tickets are GA btw.

Do you mean you'll be hoping to hold a place for your pals while you're actually in the queue?

Hmm ... tricky one, that :)

Morning! Does anyone know what time the roll calls are today and how many are currently in the queue?

Thanks

Morning! Does anyone know what time the roll calls are today and how many are currently in the queue?

Thanks

Hey Leeds Tramp,

There is a thread ('Leeds queue'... original title I know) that you will find useful to keep an eye on.

Why would it be likely the tickets are fake? Overpriced perhaps!

Why would it be likely the tickets are fake? Overpriced perhaps!

Because the demand is so high & people are paying extortionate prices. I'm sure the chance to make a few quid off the back of a few forgeries hasn't escaped the attention of the opportunists.

"All the best to you if you chance it. Hope you get in.

Have you considered storming the gates?"

Irresponsible - remember Hillsborough.

Seriously? :D

You mean like Liverpool fans remembered Hillsborough when they stormed the turnstiles & caused crushing & panic at the 2007 Final in Athens??

Funnily enough I was only joking about storming the gates.

Thanks

Dunno, but please put me down for a ham and cheese. All this online scouting for tickets is making me hungry and I dare not leave keyboard to venture to kitchen.