Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

Another oddity is that I see a ticket Crewe to Cardiff Central is dearer than a ticket Crewe to Cardiff Queen Street, even though to get to Queen Street you have to change at Central.

WTF!!? :wacko:

I have not seen any evidence that the Monday and Tuesday super saver tickets have been released yet.

Not spotted the cheaper ones yet either, they should be due any time now though

No supersavers yet for getting down there and the Cardiff to Leeds tickets are still obscenely priced.

This could be a case that their IT system is telling them that lots of people are checking trains to Cardiff and then from Cardiff to Leeds on the Wednesday so they are not releasing them on purpose.

I think you are spot on with that observation,travelodge use a similar IT system. I decided on bus tickets to get to leeds and back and bought them the day before Bruce tickets went on sale,taking the risk and paid 40 quid for 2 returns from Glasgow,same tickets on the same bus would now cost more than 4 times that! likewise paid £20 for a hotel room in leeds city centre which jumped to £80 the day the tickets sold out.

I am not convinced any cheap train tickets will become available for those wanting the Cardiff-leeds journey

The time when we realise that there will be no cheap tickets for the 24th is when they get put on sale for the 25th.

Once that happens, it is time to cough up the big bucks, or make other transportation plans.

Another oddity is that I see a ticket Crewe to Cardiff Central is dearer than a ticket Crewe to Cardiff Queen Street, even though to get to Queen Street you have to change at Central.

WTF!!? :wacko:

thats because the posh hotels are nearer that station

I have got a return to Bradford for £90, bit steep but I'm sorted!

Cardiff to Leeds "super saver" is £20, so yes, very steep.

I know, but I paid £36 for 2 nights at the Etap in Cardiff, and I have done ok on London trains and hotels, and Belfast flights and hotel, so paying over the odds once is ok.......as long as I'm back in Leeds for Wednesday night!!

Stockholm tonight got BtR in its entirety.Will Leeds get BITUSA,I think someone said there will be a box set released of a DVD of the 85 Roundhay Park Gig and the Leeds Arena Gig.could be some truth in this,If he says he will play The Rising at Cardiff or Coventry Ill be going :)

So it seems the price of the slower Leeds train (via Manchester) has dropped to £35.

No sign yet of the £15 tickets.

If you want to take the slightly faster route via Bristol it will cost you £111, although you can reduce that considerably by splitting the tickets into 3:

Cardiff - Bristol.

Bristol - Birmingham

Birmingham - Leeds

Works out about £47

Why does this need to be so hard?

On Wednesday I managed to get a £20 single leaving Bristol Temple Meads at 10.30am going to Leeds, I'm in Cardiff the night before but had already booked a coach back to Bristol which leaves Cardiff at about 1.30 am in the morning. I've also managed to get a £20 single back to Bristol on the Thursday. I have a young persons railcard so that brought the fares down by a third.

The Leeds show was announced whilst I was on a train on my way up to Leeds for an interview at the University of Leeds, a spooky coincidence, I managed to get a place at the uni and then I managed to get a ticket during the o2 presale, I'll be sat in block 108! Looking forward to getting the chance to look around Leeds before moving up in September.

Cheers! Originally I hoped for a standing ticket, but I'll be stood all day in Cardiff, so it will be nice to relax in a pub beforehand and arrive just before showtime with my seat reserved. I've never seen Bruce indoors before!

I've only seen him inside twice - the rest have been outside. Every one a gem - but I am very excited about being under a roof again with Bruce! Hey, wouldn't it be great if he decided to play The Promise in it's entirety - now THAT album just cries out to be indoors :D

On Wednesday I managed to get a £20 single leaving Bristol Temple Meads at 10.30am going to Leeds, I'm in Cardiff the night before but had already booked a coach back to Bristol which leaves Cardiff at about 1.30 am in the morning. I've also managed to get a £20 single back to Bristol on the Thursday. I have a young persons railcard so that brought the fares down by a third.

The Leeds show was announced whilst I was on a train on my way up to Leeds for an interview at the University of Leeds, a spooky coincidence, I managed to get a place at the uni and then I managed to get a ticket during the o2 presale, I'll be sat in block 108! Looking forward to getting the chance to look around Leeds before moving up in September.

It's a great city (but I'm very biased) - you'll have a great few years.

Liverpool to Leeds return the day after £31 with no restrictions as to what train you get. Not bad i suppose.

Tommy - off-topic but how far is The philharmonic to Liverpooln arena?

Cardiff to Leeds via Bristol is now up for £39

Yep, I cannot see it getting much better priced so I am going for that also.

09:55 from Cardiff, arrives 14:01. -_-

Gone for the 8:55 for us, our hotel is close to the station so should be ok

Cardiff to Leeds via Bristol is now up for £39

Yep, I cannot see it getting much better priced so I am going for that also.

09:55 from Cardiff, arrives 14:01. -_-

Gone for the 8:55 for us, our hotel is close to the station so should be ok

Thanks, both of you, I've booked (9.55) too.

For those with no rush to get there the 10.49 which arrives at 15.22 and 12.05 which gets there 16.22 are £20

FFS. Oh well, no point in worrying about that now. At least it means we should have no stress if the train is a bit delayed. Even if we have paid twice as much.

Archived