Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

thetrainline.com still have the cheap(er) tickets.

A good tip though is that you can avoid credit card charges by booking with one of the regional rail companies.

For instance I book all my rail tickets with www.southwesttrains.co.uk

Exactly the same prices, same trains but no credit card fee.

Gotta love the Internet.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

My new specs came from Leeds and that is as close as I will be getting. :(

That's the positive spirit ! - I keep checking every day at 4am for everyone :)

A few people at the Leeds office have tickets. :)

we could arrange an unfortunate accident for one of them if you need a ticket ;)

Things have been very tough at the Leeds office, they need a Bruce concert. :)

thetrainline.com still have the cheap(er) tickets.

A good tip though is that you can avoid credit card charges by booking with one of the regional rail companies.

For instance I book all my rail tickets with www.southwesttrains.co.uk

Exactly the same prices, same trains but no credit card fee.

Gotta love the Internet.

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

I used Arriva Trains Wales to book. No CC fees or postal charges.

Edit: I see the price has gone up since yesterday. :rolleyes:

I was talking to my youngest about the concerts - she hadn't realised there was one in Leeds as I hadn't mentioned them previously.

She's as keen as mustard to go - the Sunderland concert must have gone down well. :)

Have to book my train fare on Wednesday ( pay day) not going to Cardiff, so no prices to compare.
Just thought it was funny that it's actually cheaper for me to book a train from London (60 miles away) to Leeds and get on at my station, than just simply booking from my station to Leeds!

Whoever said earlier - Why does rail fare have to be so complicated - concur! Why? and why so damn silly too?

Have to book my train fare on Wednesday ( pay day) not going to Cardiff, so no prices to compare.

Just thought it was funny that it's actually cheaper for me to book a train from London (60 miles away) to Leeds and get on at my station, than just simply booking from my station to Leeds!

Whoever said earlier - Why does rail fare have to be so complicated - concur! Why? and why so damn silly too?

Its probably even sillier than you think.

If you buy an Advance ticket from London to Leeds it covers just that - London to Leeds. It doesn't cover you for only part of the journey. I remember reading a story of a passenger being hit with a penalty fare for getting off at an earlier station than the destination on the ticket.

Found the story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315587/Professor-slapped-155-railway-fine-getting-OFF-train-stop-early.html

Ah, that's East Coast .... my eldest works for Cross Country ..... if Suzanne's the Train Manager on your train - say hello and that you're from the Lake.

She'll probably throw you off at the next station. :lol:

I was talking to my youngest about the concerts - she hadn't realised there was one in Leeds as I hadn't mentioned them previously.

She's as keen as mustard to go - the Sunderland concert must have gone down well. :)

I'll bear her in mind if I hear of any tickets going spare (not that that's very likely).

Thank you ... her dad reckons he can get tickets for Belfast and wants her to go there. I don't. <_<

It's just the idea that she'd travel on her own to see him ... I was really quite chuffed!

Also on the 09:55 train, might need some help with getting the wheelchair off and on the train from our fellow Brucebuds when changing trains in Bristol.

Of course we will try to arrange for the ramp at first ;)

Of course, will certainly keep an eye out for you.

I remember reading a story of a passenger being hit with a penalty fare for getting off at an earlier station than the destination on the ticket.

Found the story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315587/Professor-slapped-155-railway-fine-getting-OFF-train-stop-early.html

Doh, I have bought my ticket down there to Cardiff Queen Street rather than Cardiff Central. Even though Queen Street is one stop further on, and requires a change at Central, it was actually cheaper than buying a ticket to Central. Guess I might be in the same position as that dude.

Anyone know if Cardiff Central has barriers?

Its probably even sillier than you think.

If you buy an Advance ticket from London to Leeds it covers just that - London to Leeds. It doesn't cover you for only part of the journey. I remember reading a story of a passenger being hit with a penalty fare for getting off at an earlier station than the destination on the ticket.

Ugh. Thanks for showing me that. Sheesh, don't it just suck!! lol

I remember reading a story of a passenger being hit with a penalty fare for getting off at an earlier station than the destination on the ticket.

Doh, I have bought my ticket down there to Cardiff Queen Street rather than Cardiff Central. Even though Queen Street is one stop further on, and requires a change at Central, it was actually cheaper than buying a ticket to Central. Guess I might be in the same position as that dude.

What's your hurdling ability HelloNewman ??

What's your hurdling ability HelloNewman ??

I take my hurdling inspiration from here:

giant full height barriers you wont be able to hurdle them where are you staying queen st might be closer to your hotel

Your ticket may say something like Cardiff terminals, in which case you'd probably be alright.

When I'm going through Leeds in a rush, I usually go up to the ticket officer on the barrier who'll lets people through without reading their tickets. He just glances to see that you have one. Could also work.

Staying at the Ibis, so no real hardship if I need to get off at Queen Street. Either that or I will play dumb and plead ignorance.

use a geordie accent and give your name as newcastle roy :o

I have just driven by the arena,bloody looks fantastic.

The Weathersoons is next door ( Stick or Twist) That's the place to met.

The Premier inn is across the other road, you can be any closer

Your ticket may say something like Cardiff terminals, in which case you'd probably be alright.

When I'm going through Leeds in a rush, I usually go up to the ticket officer on the barrier who'll lets people through without reading their tickets. He just glances to see that you have one. Could also work.

Just say you've been out for a ciggie..........they are used to that.

Rest assured, I have my excuse primed and ready to go:

"Sorry mate but my travel sickness has been getting worse and worse all the way down, honestly if I have to get back on a train now, your cleaners are going to have a pretty nasty job on their hands. I will try and walk to Queen Street from here, hopefully that will make me feel better".

Bingo!

Archived