Greasy Lake Community

Leeds Arena

East

I asked FD Arena Tony ( Venue manager) about pit again.

He just tweeted me back -

@RockandRollSue there will be a pit.

Does he know what a "pit" means? I have seen general admission standing areas referred to elsewhere as a pit.

I asked FD Arena Tony ( Venue manager) about pit again.

He just tweeted me back -

@RockandRollSue there will be a pit.

Does he know what a "pit" means? I have seen general admission standing areas referred to elsewhere as a pit.

I'm assuming that as he's the guy in charge of venue, he'd know what a pit is.

When I originally asked last week, he said " I'll try and find out" - I'm sure he'd know that there were GA tickets sold for this show, so guess he was finding out about the pit..er.. pit.

What I meant was that the phrase "Pit" gets its name from the Mosh Pit. As in the GA area where people can dance and move about.

It is only in Springsteen circles that I have ever heard a barrier dividing the floor be called a "pit".

I may be doing Tony a disservice but it could of course be a case that he just replied as he did to be polite.

Further example of how non Springsteen people think:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110811065039AA5TKBa

What I meant was that the phrase "Pit" gets its name from the Mosh Pit. As in the GA area where people can dance and move about.

It is only in Springsteen circles that I have ever heard a barrier dividing the floor be called a "pit".

I may be doing Tony a disservice but it could of course be a case that he just replied as he did to be polite.

Further example of how non Springsteen people think:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110811065039AA5TKBa

I sent him a message to clarify the same point, he hasn't replied.

This may be a stupid question, but does it matter? People are going to queue to be first in anyway. Someone at the back of the standing area is going to be closer to the stage than most people in a stadium "pit".

This may be a stupid question, but does it matter? People are going to queue to be first in anyway. Someone at the back of the standing area is going to be closer to the stage than most people in a stadium "pit".

I would have thought it would be a lot easier to organise a queue if there was a pit.

This is bonkers. The floor looks about 25 yards deep at the most. Why would you segregate that?

The only potential reason I am hearing is to allow folks to go off shopping in Leeds for the day while keeping their spot :blink:

This is bonkers. The floor looks about 25 yards deep at the most. Why would you segregate that?

The only potential reason I am hearing is to allow folks to go off shopping in Leeds for the day while keeping their spot :blink:

It would be ridiculous. If it's really true that the furthest SEAT is just 68 metres from the stage (that's row Z of the 300 Blocks) then why on earth reduce such a small GA area by going to the trouble of segregating the standing area? We all know that any pit is never full right to the back of the barrier so with the lost space around the edges of the pit, and the space taken up by the barriers, it would reduce the number of GA tickets they could sell by possibly a few hundred or more. I can't believe the common sense of having a pit - bruce could crowd surf to the back, all 12 metres of it.

I would have thought it would be a lot easier to organise a queue if there was a pit.

In what way?

Again, perhaps I'm being dim, but I don't see what difference it makes. Either people will respect the conventions of the Bruce line system, or they won't.

Again, perhaps I'm being dim, but I don't see what difference it makes. Either people will respect the conventions of the Bruce line system, or they won't.

I guess people like that safety blanket of knowing they can be guaranteed a space in the front 1/3 of the floor without having to spend hour upon hour in line.

Here though, it makes pretty much no difference at all.

If there is no pit there will still be the numbers/roll call system, won't there? Like at HRC last year. The majority of people who having standing tickets won't arrive until after 4 anyway so surely it would work to have roll calls until early afternoon.

to put the size of the arena into perspective, the entire seating and standing area is exactly the same as the WIDTH (not length) of the old trafford football pitch. In that space there is a GA standing floor, and 3 tiers of seating. So not much room really.

If there is no pit there will still be the numbers/roll call system, won't there? Like at HRC last year. The majority of people who having standing tickets won't arrive until after 4 anyway so surely it would work to have roll calls until early afternoon.

any have any thoughts on this? im wondering what time to get there to get as near to front as possible.

any have any thoughts on this? im wondering what time to get there to get as near to front as possible.

Get there any time up to 3am and you are gonna beat anyone from South Wales.

The majority of people who having standing tickets won't arrive until after 4

Have you ever been to a Bruce Springsteen concert?

Of course!

This is different to other gigs - many of the hardcore fans feel that they will get a good spot anywhere if standing so may arrive just before showtime and the casuals will probably not want to queue al day. That's the impression I get anyway.

Archived