Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bassplayer617

There's a Woman I Know...

...who's a coworker, and we've been friends for several years. Now that I'm separated, I'm trying to figure the correct way to approach her, as I think she's unattached. Honestly, I've been fascinated by her for a long time, and I want to tell her this. I'm simply stating this as I know we'll be together sooner or later, but I'm proceeding cautiously. She's got two grown kids, neither of which live with her, and I've got a teenage daughter who now lives with my spouse out of state. She's super-intelligent and great to talk to, and I think she's beautiful. I want to take this a step at a time, as I'm a romantic at heart and I don't want to rush things. I want to emphasize this point as I'm not a casual-relationship type of man. If that makes me sound old-fashioned, then so be it. I'll let you know how things progress, if anyone is interested.

I know we'll be together sooner or later

Okay, this bit right here? This screams 'stalker'. You don't know any such thing. You've built up a whole relationship in your head, when you haven't even been on a date with her yet.

If you fancy her, and you think she's single, ask her out. If she says no, drop it. Although it sounds like you're already way too emotionally invested in this for any good to come of it.

I think this is good that this is in The Amusement Park. Please give us updates so we can figure out when you throw her in the pit or truss her up like a wild turkey.

Me, a stalker? That's funny and definitely untrue. There's no drama here, but I am making slow progress with her. After three failed marriages, I'm in no rush. So far, all I've gotten is extended hugs. I think she is being as careful as I am, as she has been married before, too. Her last relationship ended up badly, so I respect her caution.

Update: we had lunch together today, and had a good conversation. She is unattached, but her last serious relationship turned out badly, and now she's "gun-shy". As a matter of fact, she referred to him as a "d*ckhead". So, I've got to proceed with caution. I told her I'm not giving up, and gave her a kiss on the cheek, which made her smile. As I mentioned before, I'm a romantic, and a bit old-fashioned, so my goal isn't to "score". She does have a protective wall built up, which I can understand.

Yes!! She has already mentioned guns! Rock the fuck on sister.

Looks like this is going very slow Bassplayer. Maybe I can offer you some relationship advice or maybe I can't but here goes: Here's a surefire way to figure out how she feels about d-head....

ask her how long she cried when they broke up. You can do that....just ask her. If she cried 5 minutes, well, pffffffffff, that's nothing. If she cried a week, well, that's deeper. If she cried for over a week, you're probably going to find yourself in the position of "revenge guy". Revenge-guy's not a bad place to be but it's not going to be the DEEP deep deep kind of relationship.....depends on what you're after. Best to figure out where you stand compared to d-head. There you go, for what it's worth. :rolleyes:

you should also ask her to stand in a 55 gallon drum ...ya know...to see if she fits.