Greasy Lake Community

The Official Limerick July 16th EuroSetListVision thread

17:29 (Pre Show)

1 Does This Bus Stop On 82nd Street
2 For You (For our own setlist queen GINA)
3 HEARTS OF STONE

01. THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE

02. American Land

03. Badlands

04. Death to My Hometown

05. Hungry Heart

06. Spirit in The Night

07. AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG (sign request)

08. American Skin (41 Shots)

09. Promised Land

10. Wrecking Ball

11. We Take Care of Our Own

12. Jack of all Trades

13. The River

Born to Run Album

14. Thunder Road

15. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

16. Night

17. Backstreets

18. Born to Run

19. She's the One

20. Meeting Across the River

21. Jungleland

22. Waitin' On A Sunny Day B)

23. The Rising

24. Land of Hope and Dreams

25. My Hometown

26. Born in the USA

27. Glory Days

28. Bobby Jean

29. Drive All Night

30. Dancing in the Dark

31. Shout

32. This Little Light of Mine (Reprise)

22:58

Really great setlist, wish I was there!!

Bruce’s albums are all works of art,

He gives them to us from his heart,

Yet some people whinge.

They do make me cringe

Cos they are ungrateful old farts.

Yet some people whinge.

They do make me cringe

Building a great set is an art

But lazy if a full album is part

The easy to please

Go weak at the knees

As they tick off their missing songs chart

Yet some people whinge.

They do make me cringe

Building a great set is an art

But lazy if a full album is part

The easy to please

Go weak at the knees

As they tick off their missing songs chart

:)

Drive all night, nice one.

I would take that at Belfast, Cardiff or Leeds B)

Don't count on it.

It's going to be the last time DAN will be played this tour.

Is still think with Glen, Kilkenny night one

What was the pre-show about, the sound check? I'm curious how Bruce saw Gina's sign? For You is a classic.

BTR album would be my absolute dream. ANY of the big three getting an airing would have been great in Glasgow. Here's hoping at least one gets an outing at Cardiff or Leeds!

Bruce played the songs solo and guitar really early when the venue was less than half full

Drive all night, nice one.

I would take that at Belfast, Cardiff or Leeds B)

Don't count on it.

It's going to be the last time DAN will be played this tour.

Is still think with Glen, Kilkenny night one

What was the pre-show about, the sound check? I'm curious how Bruce saw Gina's sign? For You is a classic.

BTR album would be my absolute dream. ANY of the big three getting an airing would have been great in Glasgow. Here's hoping at least one gets an outing at Cardiff or Leeds!

"Bruce played the songs solo and guitar really early when the venue was less than half full"

Awesome. Thanks Ciaran

On the way home. shattering stuff. Even by Bruce standards that was crazy, a show pitched perfectly to an Irish audience

Bringing shows away from Dublin has worked beyond expectations, the WHOLE STADIUM was rocking.

Now, 2.5hr drive home, work tomorrow then Cork.....

Hearts of Freakin' Stone!! First time ever at one of his own shows! Amazing

EDIT: Listening to it now, must say having listened to the Tracks version of the song so many times an acoustic version sounds odd haha

DOUBLE EDIT: Love the way he "sings" the sax solo! :D

Not a bad setlist ... I feel kinda lucky though in that the shows I went to had setlists more suited to what I like.

Drive All Night is such a terrible song by the way. It works on the album because of the excellent and moving Wreck on the Highway after it and the inferred connection between the two stories but as a standalone song it's God-awful. Nine minutes of vapid, insomnia-curing dirge which sort of rambles on and on with weak lyrics and never really makes its point. Not rambling in the "hmm this is intriguing" vibe of the first two albums [or Jungleland] but more the "this should've been over minutes ago" vibe. Someone ought to inform Bruce that shoe shops don't open at night by the way ... it would've spared us one of the most stomach-churningly lazy lines in his entire catalogue. Point Blank is the "epic" from The River disc 2 ... Drive all Night is pure horse crap.

If you like it then I'm happy for you, but it's an extremely weak song IMO.

Yeah, well your opinion stinks IMO.

Agreed, can't be bothered arguing with philistines who hate Drive All Night, they're clearly deluded beyond persuasion. One of his all-time great songs.

just came back to the hotel,so only quick recap:

Great pre-show,you already saw there that he was on fire.For You was stunning as was Hearts of Stone.

41shots was extremely powerful and moving version with a dedication to the Florida incident and a REQUEST ;)

BTR Album was dedicated to the first summer for years in Ireland.

And Drive all night came out of nowhere,Bruce said he made a promise.

He was in an extremely joyous mood,maybe the family reunion played it's part.

Recorded Preshow and Requests,will upload when I come home Saturday

Not a bad setlist ... I feel kinda lucky though in that the shows I went to had setlists more suited to what I like.

Drive All Night is such a terrible song by the way. It works on the album because of the excellent and moving Wreck on the Highway after it and the inferred connection between the two stories but as a standalone song it's God-awful. Nine minutes of vapid, insomnia-curing dirge which sort of rambles on and on with weak lyrics and never really makes its point. Not rambling in the "hmm this is intriguing" vibe of the first two albums [or Jungleland] but more the "this should've been over minutes ago" vibe. Someone ought to inform Bruce that shoe shops don't open at night by the way ... it would've spared us one of the most stomach-churningly lazy lines in his entire catalogue. Point Blank is the "epic" from The River disc 2 ... Drive all Night is pure horse crap.

What a load of fucking bollocks.

Not a bad setlist ... I feel kinda lucky though in that the shows I went to had setlists more suited to what I like. Drive All Night is such a terrible song by the way. It works on the album because of the excellent and moving Wreck on the Highway after it and the inferred connection between the two stories but as a standalone song it's God-awful. Nine minutes of vapid, insomnia-curing dirge which sort of rambles on and on with weak lyrics and never really makes its point. Not rambling in the "hmm this is intriguing" vibe of the first two albums [or Jungleland] but more the "this should've been over minutes ago" vibe. Someone ought to inform Bruce that shoe shops don't open at night by the way ... it would've spared us one of the most stomach-churningly lazy lines in his entire catalogue. Point Blank is the "epic" from The River disc 2 ... Drive all Night is pure horse crap. If you like it then I'm happy for you, but it's an extremely weak song IMO.

Common MJ. Don't sit on the fence on his one. Tell us how you really feel!

Your entitled to your opinion but I disagree, One your saying "the lyrics are weak", I do not think there weak at all, look at some of the lyrics,

And I wish God would send me a word send me something Im afraid to lose

Lying in the heat of the night like prisoners all our lives

I get shivers down my spine and all

I wanna do is hold you tight

It shows the desperation of a man in love and almost begging, you feel sorry for him.

Then you say "the lyrics never make a point", I do not think this song is that ambiguous at all, it is quite a literal message of a man wanting his love back and the lyrics show that. The lyrics do make point by showing the man wants his love back.I do not know how they do not make a point. Then you "this should've been over minutes ago" I disagree because the length and the repetition is showing what love is doing to the man. meaning it is never ending. Then you say "Bruce the shoe shops don't open at night by the way" Yes I think this song is quite literal but within lyrics of this song not everything is literal, so do not take that lyric to literal, the lyric is showing how he would do anything for her to get his love back. Shoes is the irrelevant part it could of been anything eg jewellery, make up. anything but it shows the commitment he has for her to do it at any time.

I think the song is a classic.

That is my opinion

+1, obviously

Just home.quick review.

What a show!Drive all night, jungleland, land of hope and dreams.Great opening with This little light of mine and american land.It was so much fun.Bruce seemed in great form.He sounded fantastic.

Spilled half my beer with excitement when he came out early, honestly I was shaking.Its been 4 years since I last saw him so I was a tad excited!For you is one of my favourites so to hear it solo on piano was special.

41 shots was superb.Very powerful. Think I saw Cindy wiping gaway tears at the end.

After the preshow, my brother noticed someone giving out pit passes so I was in the pit for the first time!Alot of fun!

Jake got an amazing response from when he first came out to after every sax solo.Fans really love the guy.

The crowd were really great.Glory days was great fun.It was just faboulous and it more than made up for missing him last year.We had a ball.My sisters first concert, great way to start.Shes hooked.Cant wait for thursday!

Archived