Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMIW

The Official Cork July 18th EuroSetListVision thread

If youre a fan that the likes of Price You Pay resonates on a level you really should be in the pit. If not then a little resigned acceptance is required!

I'm going to Belfast tomorrow and can't make the pit. Fully expect him to pull something out the locker that will be half-spoiled from those without same interest down the back.

So Bruce in Cork last night was a completely different show to Limerick on lots of levels.

Whereas Limerick was a great first gig for out friends due to populist set list, last night wasn't really a night for the BITUSA'rs (I'm hating these people more and more to the point where I want to punch Irish people wearing stars and stripes bandanas).

For me it was unbelievable and although my brother in law knew very little if the set he was blown away by it.

Prove it 78, Seeds, Adam, Price you Pay, Wild Thing, pay me, Darlington County Real World and solo Thunder Road wow wow wow.

Only 3 hours which was a touch disappointing but I felt that was the crowds fault - seemed flat and he was making every effort. BITUSA event junkies!

Several magic moments incl getting a family on stage to dance and play guitar, a Welsh girl dancing with Jake as Bruce danced with a birthday Mum 50 but my favourite was super camera work to capture a girl at the front transfixed as she mouthed the words to Real World. She never even knew she was on screen. Perfect example of how Bruce sings just to you. I hope she turns up on YouTube

Roll on Kilkenny

I've uploaded some videos on Your tube - search for magicrat6876

What a great set list! Glad you guys had an incredible night!

my favourite was super camera work to capture a girl at the front transfixed as she mouthed the words to Real World. She never even knew she was on screen. Perfect example of how Bruce sings just to you. I hope she turns up on YouTube

That was amazing! She was totally transfixed by him- I actually had tears in my eyes listening to him sing that song. I would have to admit at not being a total hard core fan (yet!) so a few of the songs weren't that familiar to me but I am really catching up with the back catalogue over the last few years. We all had to start somewhere I suppose. I have no problem with the people who are only there for BTR or BINTUSA, because I was a bit like them not so long ago- but just don't be roaring and shouting when he's singing the songs you don't know. It's not so much about being a huge Bruce fan as such, it's more to do with manners and unfortunately drink taking it's effect.

If you're there to drink, stay well at the back of the pitch where you won't annoy anyone and the music can be a background to your drinking session.

my favourite was super camera work to capture a girl at the front transfixed as she mouthed the words to Real World. She never even knew she was on screen. Perfect example of how Bruce sings just to you. I hope she turns up on YouTube

That was amazing! She was totally transfixed by him- I actually had tears in my eyes listening to him sing that song. I would have to admit at not being a total hard core fan (yet!) so a few of the songs weren't that familiar to me but I am really catching up with the back catalogue over the last few years. We all had to start somewhere I suppose. I have no problem with the people who are only there for BTR or BINTUSA, because I was a bit like them not so long ago- but just don't be roaring and shouting when he's singing the songs you don't know. It's not so much about being a huge Bruce fan as such, it's more to do with manners and unfortunately drink taking it's effect.

If you're there to drink, stay well at the back of the pitch where you won't annoy anyone and the music can be a background to your drinking session.

Totally agreed I know we all started somewhere - and I know my post may seem a little unfair but what really annoyed me last night was the mental rush to get near the front for BITUSA. Mind you I did laugh when he soon followed with Seven Nights to Rock :-)

Seems to be a lot of comments on the organisation of the show on BTX.

"We were not allowed on to the pre show as we had stand tickets. I must say graham Quinn acted like a total jerk who did not respect any of the fans who had seated tickets. We had to stand outside the venue for over 45 minutes whilst we could hear Bruce playing. Quinn should get off his power trip and realise people are leaving work early to be there to get a pit pass and are paying good money for the tickets. In over 50 shows I have never been treated as badly. Give some people power and it goes to their head. And he should wear a t shirt in future."

and

"Not just people in the stand section were made wait outside. We all were, seated and standing although I agree it was really frustrating. Also when we were let in first there was no put passes but talking to lads who arrived at 6 they said there were loads and seeing as these guys were about 10 rows back I believe them. Doubt the full 4500 as per Aiken were given out prob 3000. Why they were not first come first serve after the numbered 1000 I don't know. Fab concert though!! Great people around us in the pit when we eventually did get in."

and

"It seems now that the 1000 with numbers were let in and that the gates at the blue route were also opened but the gates at the red route where most people were were not opened. We all had to stand there and miss the pre show despite turning up early. It was a mess with Aiken etc telling some ppl passes were only being given out at blue route but if you had a red route ticket you couldn't enter there. Then other staff were telling ppl that there would be passes on both sides and to stIck to your colour. Basically we had red route tickets and were there early. Initially went blue route as directed to get passes then told we had to go red route where we and hundreds of others of others were held outside until pre show ended. Then when we were let in there was no passes after all at the red route. Total and utter shambles. We got sorted but know many others who didn't."

Yes it was a mess, had to listen to the pre show outside in the queue. The other part of our party were on the blue route and got in for it, there were very few wristbands given out on the red route but luckily one of my mates on the blue route picked up a spare one and with a little ingenuity we got the three of us into the pit, 3 does indeed go into one ;)

Super show again, Frankie was fantistic. Thought the pit was actually a little livelier than Limerick, at least where we were, which was exactly the same place as Limerick 4/5 back at the 'Nils' mini stage.

Just watched The Price You Pay from last night

Nice touch of Bruce giving Derek the shout out at the end

Apologies if I am repeating stuff mentioned earlier in this thread - only back from Cork this evening and haven't read back totally here - but regarding the pre show acoustic set (4.30pm - 4.45pm), I had arrived at 1.00pm and just managed to get a number under 1,000 from Derek's team (950 ish). We were all lined up mostly in the shade thankfully on the main road outside the stadium along the wall under the trees - it was really hot and not a cloud in the sky - people were relaxed etc. About 1.45 pm we were told we were being taken inside the 'complex' - am presuming the police wanted us off the public road. We were told we'd be put in a field effectively with no access to food or drink (unless you had your own supplies) but there were portaloos ! There was no shade there at all. Sensible peeps had come prepared and brought umbrellas. Others like me (having come straight off a plane) had no umbrella, no food, no drink and no sun cream......mad dogs and Englishmen !

We sat there till about 3.45pm by which time wristbands had been dished out, and by 4.00pm the likes of Number 950 was safely in the pit but taking cover in the shade of the main stand.

Then, talking everyone by total surprise, Bruce appeared in white T shirt and shades and gave us a real treat - absolutely great renditions of the 3 songs - hopefully there will be you tube footage posted of the whole thing.

The bit I couldn't work out was why, really, we had to be stuck in the field for 2 hours - it was quite brutal - but by 4.30pm faith had been rewarded.

Apologies if I am repeating stuff mentioned earlier in this thread - only back from Cork this evening and haven't read back totally here - but regarding the pre show acoustic set (4.30pm - 4.45pm), I had arrived at 1.00pm and just managed to get a number under 1,000 from Derek's team (950 ish). We were all lined up mostly in the shade thankfully on the main road outside the stadium along the wall under the trees - it was really hot and not a cloud in the sky - people were relaxed etc. About 1.45 pm we were told we were being taken inside the 'complex' - am presuming the police wanted us off the public road. We were told we'd be put in a field effectively with no access to food or drink (unless you had your own supplies) but there were portaloos ! There was no shade there at all. Sensible peeps had come prepared and brought umbrellas. Others like me (having come straight off a plane) had no umbrella, no food, no drink and no sun cream......mad dogs and Englishmen !

We sat there till about 3.45pm by which time wristbands had been dished out, and by 4.00pm the likes of Number 950 was safely in the pit but taking cover in the shade of the main stand.

Then, talking everyone by total surprise, Bruce appeared in white T shirt and shades and gave us a real treat - absolutely great renditions of the 3 songs - hopefully there will be you tube footage posted of the whole thing.

The bit I couldn't work out was why, really, we had to be stuck in the field for 2 hours - it was quite brutal - but by 4.30pm faith had been rewarded.

This fascinates me too.

Wow, didnt know that!Thats ridiculous. We joined the queue at 3 and were out there til 4, standing out under the trees as well.If they couldnt let you in to the pit then why not just let you in to where the bar and toilets were, in the shade?Let people eat and drink and basically stay safe as sun stroke/dehydration is very serious.If people are buying drinks and food then thats more money for the organisers.I dont get why they wouldnt do that.

Wow, didnt know that!Thats ridiculous. We joined the queue at 3 and were out there til 4, standing out under the trees as well.If they couldnt let you in to the pit then why not just let you in to where the bar and toilets were, in the shade?Let people eat and drink and basically stay safe as sun stroke/dehydration is very serious.If people are buying drinks and food then thats more money for the organisers.I dont get why they wouldnt do that.

I think the reason we were not allowed out was to ensure we seen the pre-show - almost like a secret way of saying "don't go away". It also ensured a pit crowd for Bruce for his pre-show too.

I had number 397 which i got at 9 the night before, the stuff about us waiting in the field for 2 hours between 2-4ish is correct it was pretty brutal in the sun some people were really suffering. Bruce's surprise appearance was at 4.30 it was fantastic and felt very personal because there was around 900 of us there at the time, thankfully the stage shaded the pit! (Unlike at HRC). The pit line was organised well and the event staff were very helpful and informative to us, i dont know anything about what happened outside of the 900 or so i was with.

As far as the main show went i thought it was incredible and my favourite show i've been to so far! (out of 4 previous). Some things that i enjoyed/ stood out for me include:

1. The crowd in the pit were fantastic i was in the 3rd row centre right and everyone was very lively and pleasant bar the couple of idiots a few rows back who constantly screamed for The River including through Real World and Thunder Road :angry:

2. The sound was amazing and Bruce seemed very up for the whole night! Frankie, Sherry Darling, Prove it 78 and ARAC were great to hear live!

3. The Price You Pay was my favourite of the entire night i've always loved that song. Especially for Derek, the crowd at one point even burst into a 'Derek' chant!

4. Most (not all ) of the people in the stands were quiet at first, but once Bruce called them out they were up non stop for the rest of the show which was great to see.

5. Max was in impeccable form.

6. Real World has became one of my favourites it was mesmerising and had surpassed me up until now.

There will be a review of the cork concert.It was a mess. they are lucky nothing serious happened.This is from the irish examiner:

Thousands of concert-goers were corralled towards one small gated exit outside the Páirc Uí Chaoimh GAA stadium after Thursday’s gigs. Huge queues built up in the Showgrounds area as the exit struggled to cope with the volume of people streaming out on to Monahan Road.

As fans continued to flood out of the stadium, the queue stalled with delays of up to 45 minutes reported.

Fans closer to the gate began to panic as the crowds swelled to the rear — there was some crushing at the front. It resulted in gardaí ordering the GAA to open a second gate, redeploying officers to that area.

Stewards then advised fans to scale fences and cross an open field to leave by this gate.

Angry concert goers vented their fury at organisers yesterday.

“Thomond [springsteen played there on Tuesday] was so much better organised and safer. Last night was a health and safety hazard when leaving the grounds,” said Louise Murphy.

Alan Cogan said it was a great gig, but disgraceful organisation. “Hang your heads in shame organisers and say a prayer you aren’t waking up to a tragedy that would be fully of your making,” he said.

Concert goers also complained about the operation of the bar voucher system, with delays of up to two hours reported at some alcohol outlets.

Concert promoter Peter Aiken, who staged the gig in association with the GAA, said he was “annoyed” that the crowd problems had developed.

“I have asked our event controller, and the various bodies that were involved, for a full report, so I can’t comment in detail on it until I’ve seen that report. But it shouldn’t have happened.”

Supt Barry McPolin, who is in charge of policing in the city, said there was an initial debrief of the situation after the concert. However, he said all the agencies involved (including the concert promoters, the GAA, gardaí, the HSE, and the city officials who granted the concert licence) will be invited to attend a formal review of the entire event over the coming weeks.

“The exit issue from the venue will form part of a forensic review of the event in the near future and any lessons that need to be learned from the management of the event will be incorporated into any future events that may take place here,” he said.

He praised concert-goers for following Garda and steward directions. “There were no arrests associated with the concert. The crowd were good natured and in great form.”

Good job trying to convince people to come and play cork!

This was the last concert of my 2013 Wrecking ball tour and even if Limerick seemed a bit more lively to me (but maybe it was just the one month concert absence) this was a very good Show.

Had a 200 number for the pit,queue was ordered and well managed.

Preshow was fun and very early,a lot of People just had taken/secured their spots and were going for a pee or getting Food when he came out.

I really liked wild Thing and how Bruce desperately tried to find someone to play the solo :D. Was really happy for Derek that he got his request played.

Great versions of Adam,Frankie and Prove it 78. It´s just that Limerick seemed a bit more playful to me,a bit more off the reel...

Anyhow finally a none Album Show...

As for the exit of the Stadium: Can´t complain,got out well but we took our time saying goodbye to everyone we knew and taking pics...

here´s two of the vids i made , others from Limerick (whole Pre-show + 41 shots and Ain't to proud to beg) are on my channel (or just being uploaded)

Seems to be a lot of comments on the organisation of the show on BTX.

"We were not allowed on to the pre show as we had stand tickets. I must say graham Quinn acted like a total jerk who did not respect any of the fans who had seated tickets. We had to stand outside the venue for over 45 minutes whilst we could hear Bruce playing. Quinn should get off his power trip and realise people are leaving work early to be there to get a pit pass and are paying good money for the tickets. In over 50 shows I have never been treated as badly. Give some people power and it goes to their head. And he should wear a t shirt in future."

and

"Not just people in the stand section were made wait outside. We all were, seated and standing although I agree it was really frustrating. Also when we were let in first there was no put passes but talking to lads who arrived at 6 they said there were loads and seeing as these guys were about 10 rows back I believe them. Doubt the full 4500 as per Aiken were given out prob 3000. Why they were not first come first serve after the numbered 1000 I don't know. Fab concert though!! Great people around us in the pit when we eventually did get in."

and

"It seems now that the 1000 with numbers were let in and that the gates at the blue route were also opened but the gates at the red route where most people were were not opened. We all had to stand there and miss the pre show despite turning up early. It was a mess with Aiken etc telling some ppl passes were only being given out at blue route but if you had a red route ticket you couldn't enter there. Then other staff were telling ppl that there would be passes on both sides and to stIck to your colour. Basically we had red route tickets and were there early. Initially went blue route as directed to get passes then told we had to go red route where we and hundreds of others of others were held outside until pre show ended. Then when we were let in there was no passes after all at the red route. Total and utter shambles. We got sorted but know many others who didn't."

Yes it was a mess, had to listen to the pre show outside in the queue. The other part of our party were on the blue route and got in for it, there were very few wristbands given out on the red route but luckily one of my mates on the blue route picked up a spare one and with a little ingenuity we got the three of us into the pit, 3 does indeed go into one ;)

Super show again, Frankie was fantistic. Thought the pit was actually a little livelier than Limerick, at least where we were, which was exactly the same place as Limerick 4/5 back at the 'Nils' mini stage.

Belatedly catching up on the thread after a fantastic week in sunny Ireland.

We were also on the red route, arrived around 2:45. Queue was quite civilised, thankfully lined up under the shade of the trees by the river. Also had to listen to the pre-show from outside, people were shouting out at security to let us through the gates to no avail. A few people made it in in time to catch the end. There were wristbands handed out although not a huge number and it wasn't the best organised. The initial group of people in line were let forward to the gates and stewards handed them out to those clustered around them. However, because people were then bunched up not everyone got a band before they ran out. Some people held in the queue behind under the trees did get them because one of the stewards went down the line handing them out without checking whether all those further forward had one. So there were people nearer the front of the queue who didn't get one and then couldn't get in the pit. (Limerick was similarly disorganised in that respect, with bands being handed out inside the gates).

The show itself was great. I also thought the pit was a bit livelier than Limerick. Possibly there were a greater proportion of locals/casual fans rather than travelling diehard fans (who know all the "moves") in Limerick c.f. Cork? Or maybe it was just where we were standing. I thought Bruce was more energetic in Limerick (still dancing like he didn't want to leave the stage during the reprise of This Little Light) and possibly seemed a little tired towards the end in Cork.

Wild Thing was a lot of fun, especially Bruce trying to find a band member to take the solo.

The Price you Pay was the highlight for me -- one of my favourites but I never, ever expected to hear it -- thank you Derek for having the sign (and for organising the pit queues too, recognised him from Wembley). The pit started spontaneously chanting "Der-ek! Der-ek!!" and Bruce applauded him too.

The segue into the '78 intro to Prove It straight after was an awesome combination.

Real World at the piano brought back happy memories of him playing it at the Point on the D&D tour.

Seven Nights to Rock was a total party -- so good to hear this again and the place was rocking.

Shout makes a great encore song and a refreshing change from Twist and Shout, which has become a bit stale, imho.

Funny watching the pit trying to crouch down while Bruce does the "A little bit softer now" bit ;)

Exiting the stadium after the show was a bit chaotic. No signs indicating the way out, no stewards and a big queue. Eventually, a local guy next to us who must have overhead us wondering which way to go kindly directed us across a field where other people were heading to find another exit towards the city.

Loved all the signs around town in shops and pubs welcoming The Boss to Cork. One of the things I love about seeing Bruce in Ireland is how much everyone seems to be thrilled that he is in town, everyone is talking about the gig.

Also got a glimpse of Bruce after the show as his car with motorcycle outriders had to negotiate the sea of fans walking back to the city centre. Everyone cheered and applauded as he was driven past.

Thanks Rehspeck for the great videos.

Hello,

Such a brilliant Cork show: I actually forgot that I filmed this until now!

Roll on Leeds!

Cheers,

Simon.

I saw three great shows (Oslo 1&2 + Copenhagen) but this is the last time I will only see shows early on the tour. As always the shows (or should i say setlists?) gets better towards the end of the tour.

Poor Scandinavia this time! :lol:

This was the last concert of my 2013 Wrecking ball tour and even if Limerick seemed a bit more lively to me (but maybe it was just the one month concert absence) this was a very good Show.

Had a 200 number for the pit,queue was ordered and well managed.

Preshow was fun and very early,a lot of People just had taken/secured their spots and were going for a pee or getting Food when he came out.

I really liked wild Thing and how Bruce desperately tried to find someone to play the solo :D. Was really happy for Derek that he got his request played.

Great versions of Adam,Frankie and Prove it 78. It´s just that Limerick seemed a bit more playful to me,a bit more off the reel...

Anyhow finally a none Album Show...

As for the exit of the Stadium: Can´t complain,got out well but we took our time saying goodbye to everyone we knew and taking pics...

here´s two of the vids i made , others from Limerick (whole Pre-show + 41 shots and Ain't to proud to beg) are on my channel (or just being uploaded)

Just watched Wild Thing :) I'm glad Roy got the solo, the Professor indeed B)