Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMIW

The Official Cork July 18th EuroSetListVision thread

Sherry Darling, Frankie, The Price You Pay, AND Prove It '78! Okay.....someone in that audience clearly sold their soul to the devil to get all of these in one show.

Price You Pay into Prove It All Night 78 ...wow. I don't think it actually gets better than that to be honest.

Best. Show. Ever.

YES! Until the next best one comes... ;)

We need Something in the Night next to blow my fuses...

NOOO!! Don,t say that. I.ll cry

Does any know if Derek is there??? I sooo hope he is - I know he wanted to hear Price you Pay.

Twitter reports that the song was played specifically for him

Would people care about "The Price You Pay" as much if it got 8 more plays?

Girl before the end of the day, I'm gonna tear it down and throw it away B)

That's the line right there!

It's one of those lines you look forward to..impossible not to (badly!) sing along.

I've got a terrifying feeling he's building up for a full River LP show sooner rather than later ..& I won't be there ffs :(

Pre-show

1. Ill work for your love

2. Girls in their Summer clothes

3. Real World (piano)

Main set

1. This little light of mine

2. My love will not let you down

3. Out in the street

4. Sherry Darling

5. Wild thing

6. Frankie

7. Adam Raised A Cain

8. Death To My Hometown

9. We take care of our own

10. Seeds

11. Wrecking Ball

12. Jack of all trades

13. THE PRICE YOU PAY!!

14. Prove it all night (78)

15. Darlington County

Would people care about Kobe steaks if they had them for dinner every three nights? Probably not but it is still a freaking great piece of meat!

Great SLV tonight! Nice Pre-Show set, terrific first half of the main set and that´s not all we have one hell of an audience tonight! Really enjoying the athmosphere! I think Cork has the best SLV audience ever! I'm gonna have (another) a beer brake now hope no-one gets pissed about that! During The Price You Pay i sang along loud and someone told to shut up well I didn´t care. No sign requests which is a good thing because usually they cover the sight. Rock on Bruce!

I would but I think I read somewhere that Bruce doesn't understand why people rate the song so highly

Does any know if Derek is there??? I sooo hope he is - I know he wanted to hear Price you Pay.

Twitter reports that the song was played specifically for him

BRILLIANT - I'm totally made up for him. He's brilliant organising the queues and I know he wanted this one. He was the first person I thought of when I saw this on the set list.

Bladdy hell - knowing that nothing might ever top it - I hope he doesn't decide to jack in any future Bruce gigs and still keeps his role as queue-meister.... (I know, me me me ;o) Well done mate. Couldn't be happier if I were twins.

I would but I think I read somewhere that Bruce doesn't understand why people rate the song so highly

It's because he rarely plays it. If he started playing POS songs like "The Big Muddy" and "Real Man," setlist watchers would still go ape-shit about it.

Pre-show

1. Ill work for your love

2. Girls in their Summer clothes

3. Real World (piano)

Main set

1. This little light of mine

2. My love will not let you down

3. Out in the street

4. Sherry Darling

5. Wild thing

6. Frankie

7. Adam Raised A Cain

8. Death To My Hometown

9. We take care of our own

10. Seeds

11. Wrecking Ball

12. Jack of all trades

13. THE PRICE YOU PAY!!

14. Prove it all night (78)

15. Darlington County

16. Pay me my money down

Good enough perk up?

Yes!!!!!

YES IT IS! Price you Pay into Prove it 78 style, Bruce knew it needed a pick-me-up too! :)

It's because he rarely plays it. If he started playing POS songs like "The Big Muddy" and "Real Man," setlist watchers would still go ape-shit about it.

People rate Badlands pretty highly I would say. Not ape-shit highly but still highly. "Song quality" is a big factor for many set list watchers in my experience. Seldom played + high quality = ape shit.

That's just simply not true at all.

The reason people say "wow, The Price You Pay" is because it's a wonderful song from one of his best records.

People rate Badlands pretty highly I would say. Not ape-shit highly but still highly. "Song quality" is a big factor for many set list watchers in my experience. Seldom played + high quality = ape shit.

The Price You Pay = ape shit. Well not at all, but you know what I mean.