Greasy Lake Community

The 2013/14 LFC thread.......... mid-table here we come?

Joadboy

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we were brilliant. Level 1 football. The midfield is a midfield. Skrtel is shit at any crossed ball, bar that we were the better team.

Coutinio is wasteful ain't he ?????

haha he was today.

Skrtel was skary today. Not in a good way.

But over all we were brilliant and played even with City.

Didn't deserve to lose that.

Biggest scare City have had at home this year.

Henderson was two yards onside.

My man of the match was Suarez..He just continues to amaze me, he's on another level these days..................what a fuckin player..

Well done LFC.

Keep that up, and you should get something at Chelsea.

Question marks over Sissokho and Sakho for me. Apart from that, looking good.

My man of the match was Suarez..He just continues to amaze me, he's on another level these days..................what a fuckin player..

Well done LFC.

Now that I've eliminated that silly quote about possibly getting something at Chelsea this weekend, I agree with everything you said here. :P In the second half, Man City looked as if they were purposely giving the ball to Sakho, knowing that they would get it back in better position! :) And Suarez, much as it pains me to say it, was ridiculously good even without scoring. He made Kompany look pretty average....

Well done LFC.

Now that I've eliminated that silly quote about possibly getting something at Chelsea this weekend, I agree with everything you said here. :P In the second half, Man City looked as if they were purposely giving the ball to Sakho, knowing that they would get it back in better position! :) And Suarez, much as it pains me to say it, was ridiculously good even without scoring. He made Kompany look pretty average....

Kompany on the other hand made Skrtel look worse than average.

Well said Brendan re: referee allocation.

According to todays Times, he's right. The Ref from St Helens, Merseyside, isn't allowed to preside over any match involving Liverpool or Everton.

But the ref from Gr Manchester is allowed to ref any game involving City or United.

Hmmmm...........

He may cop for a punishment from the League or FA or whatever,, but it needed-saying.................just another example of an un-level playing-field.

i remember the hype around the signing of harrison and then he never played for the first team - 46 is awfully young to die

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/27/wayne-harrison-liverpool-oldham-forward-dies

Back in the 80's that was a dark age without the internet, so I must admit he flew under my radar then. However, a sad ending for anyone - and a sad story, his career. RIP.

Take a look at that bench and you know you're in trouble. Two defeats in a row but that's to be expected. Battle for top 4 will be interesting!

Yes. the bench is weak.

Chelsea get an injury and bring on Ashley Cole.

LFC get an injury and bring on a kid.

But............. all of the top sides (except for the fockers, who have somehow sneaked-up there recently by virtue of beating shit teams by one goal) have now got to come to Anfield............

Didn't expect a great deal from those two games, but was hoping for one point.

Two really good performances though. Cant wait for MOTD2. I think Chelsea's second goalscorer should have been sent-off early-doors, and gave a clear penalty away late on.

(except for the fockers, who have somehow sneaked-up there recently by virtue of beating shit teams by one goal)

Hmmm.......didn't one of those "shit" teams beat you 3-1 the other week??

after the christmas losses a win was good

alos important since all the other BIG clubs won, arsenal, man city, chelsea and tottenham :o

I think you mean form, not big :rolleyes:

Man City are only big in Stockport.

Not-so.

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears-he's-City.

Serioiusly, I think City have to be considered a big club, given that they were pulling massive crowds when in Division 3. I doubt that would happen at glory-only-Man-United.

Anyways ..............................back to fred-title, for LFC, in the league its Stoke (away) next followed by Villa (home) and Everton (home). This is an opportunity to put some decent points on the board and get some distance over the Toffees. Lets hope they take it.

Alert, alert. Suarez is not the biggest cheat in the league!

Adnan Januzaj is the 4th most booked player for simulation in Premier League history and he's only played half a season. How can this be??

Surely this can't be right??? Add to that the diving of Rooney young and co you'd have to presume its a directive of the manager.

Do they want it tho? The fewer fixtures the better if fourth is to become a realistic target. We haven't got the quad to fight on two fronts.

Likewise, the fockers' just being dumped-out by Swansea is actually good news for them, even if they dont realise it yet. Their chances of top four have just been enhanced.

Turgid at best today but a banana skin avoided.

We're the only club to win the FA cup in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's so I'm desperate for another day out at Wembley. We've hardly had a punishing schedule this season and Rodgers has been woeful in cup competitions so far. Would you rather have a rest and watch other teams play in the FA cup that weekend? No way!

My point is that when the new (even more lucrative) CL sponsorship deal kicks in in two years time, its going to be even more important to be in the CL.

I'm happy for them to take an FA Cup sabbatical in order for them to be in that top-four.

But, if they get the the QF's I will start getting a bit bothered, yes.

Archived